Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its in BB's RSS system but as of now there's no pricing and no details as far as what the 'set' is. Also, the date is currently set in the system as November 25th, NOT the 23rd - but supposedly that's a placeholder and very easy for them to change.

Hopefully Kaneda's right and the announcement hits soon.

-darknemus

Its in BB's RSS system but as of now there's no pricing and no details as far as what the 'set' is. Also, the date is currently set in the system as November 25th, NOT the 23rd - but supposedly that's a placeholder and very easy for them to change.

-darknemus

Do you work for Best Buy? How do you know this?

-darknemus

You checked with them dark?

Is the RSS just an internal DB?

I don't work for BB - no. I know it because I've contacted three different Best Buys in the South Florida area.

(Palm Beach Gardens, Plantation, and Boca Raton)

RSS is what they call their internal stock db - I have no clue what it stands for.

-darknemus

God, I hope we get an annoucement today! This weekend would be one hell of a party!

On a side note, didn't that model that Axl was dating in 06/07 go out with Mickey Rourke previously?? If so, she might have some kind of golden touch with creating comebacks. He's apparently awesome in his new movie "The Wrestler" and he's getting serious Oscar talk. Variety even called it one of the best and most iconic performances ever! Hopefully Axl has the same kind of success!

I'm starting to think that Universal won't approve the deal that GNR struck with Best Buy. It seems only fitting that this album ends up in the legal system.

Axl then becomes a martyr

Hasn't he been for some time now? It's akin to the argument the shadow government made for never killing Mulder.

Edited by oneway23

One quick thing to add. Kaneda's right - calling BB right now is kind of pointless. I did it because I was bored and curious - however, 100 BBs could tell you the same thing and no one is going to believe it, anyway, until the red headed recluse speaks. I say just wait for the 'official' press release which will hopefully come Monday or Tuesday (thats just my speculation.. I know nothing about it).

If you want confidence its happening, look at it this way

A. We have recording of Andy Gould at a Best Buy Manager's conference talking about the album being released through BB

B. We have someone who attended the conference mentioning Gould suggested the date of the 25th.

C. Since this story has hit, its been over about 100+ news sources.

D. Mysteron has, apparently, semi-confirmed the information. Say what you want about the guy but he DID organize the pre-sales and has been spot on with some other information. I still think he gets his info by proxy (as in, he's related to someone in the know) but it doesn't really matter.

E. No one in the GNR camp has spoken up to say "this is not true" - thats the big pointer that its happening to me, as the false release date (if its false) could cost GNR money in the long run, if it doesn't happen.

F. Billboard isn't going to run this story unless they have some major independent confirmation. Its Billboard, people, not "Bob's Music Blog"

-darknemus

I'm starting to think that Universal won't approve the deal that GNR struck with Best Buy. It seems only fitting that this album ends up in the legal system.

why wouldn't they? it brings cash and also best buy market the fucker not to mention the rest of the world can get it in normal shops.

i doubt uni could give a fuck at this stage anyway :rofl-lol:

why wouldn't they? it brings cash and also best buy market the fucker not to mention the rest of the world can get it in normal shops.

i doubt uni could give a fuck at this stage anyway :rofl-lol:

I think they care a lot but like you say this helps them save cash.Maybe just maybe they caved in on certain issues new management raised on condition it was released in 08