Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

A little off topic, but you know, I thought that being an "exclusive" with just one company might keep the album from leaking early, seeing as how they could probably keep a tighter lid on it, but AC/DC's album leaked almost three weeks early, and they have their deal with Wal-Mart.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't work for BB - no. I know it because I've contacted three different Best Buys in the South Florida area.

(Palm Beach Gardens, Plantation, and Boca Raton)

RSS is what they call their internal stock db - I have no clue what it stands for.

-darknemus

This is the link for the RSS feed at best buy, I haven't found anything about CD yet.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...p;type=category

I'm starting to think that Universal won't approve the deal that GNR struck with Best Buy. It seems only fitting that this album ends up in the legal system.

why wouldn't they? it brings cash and also best buy market the fucker not to mention the rest of the world can get it in normal shops.

i doubt uni could give a fuck at this stage anyway :rofl-lol:

I think they care a lot but like you say this helps them save cash.Maybe just maybe they caved in on certain issues new management raised on condition it was released in 08

that part was joke but yeah this whole deal really seems to be working out well for everyone involved - assuming it's true!

Gary Graf said it's novemeber 23rd being a Best Buy exclusive for the first month or so. So until I hear otherwise that's what I'll believe.

yes, the 23rd is a sunday, but since its a store exclusive it doesn't matter.

I don't work for BB - no. I know it because I've contacted three different Best Buys in the South Florida area.

(Palm Beach Gardens, Plantation, and Boca Raton)

RSS is what they call their internal stock db - I have no clue what it stands for.

-darknemus

This is the link for the RSS feed at best buy, I haven't found anything about CD yet.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...p;type=category

Wrong RSS - I think RSS as it relates to Best Buy stands for 'Retail Stock System' - RSS feeds are a whole different thing.

-darknemus

I just got back from best buy and guns n roses chinese democracy is indeed in their rss internal system.

It still states november 25th as the release date which can change anytime to the 23rd or other depending on who is releasing something that day. the appetite for destruction is a limited edition import and will only be carried online and doesnt include any new or unreleased material

I managed to find out there will be 3 cd versions and 3 lp versions most likely just differnt covers or bonus tracks

all 3 cds have different sku #s 9111016 , #9111034, 9111052 with same price of $13.99

i didnt get the lps sku #S because i wasnt able to write anything down or take a picture of the screen

but there were 3 all with a $19.99 price point.

I just got back from best buy and guns n roses chinese democracy is indeed in their rss internal system.

It still states november 25th as the release date which can change anytime to the 23rd or other depending on who is releasing something that day. the appetite for destruction is a limited edition import and will only be carried online and doesnt include any new or unreleased material

I managed to find out there will be 3 cd versions and 3 lp versions most likely just differnt covers or bonus tracks

all 3 cds have different sku #s 9111016 , #9111034, 9111052 with same price of $13.99

i didnt get the lps sku #S because i wasnt able to write anything down or take a picture of the screen

:shocked::shocked: rock1 rock2 rock3rock4 :xmasssanta:

You got a hell of a lot more info than I was able to - good show :)

3 SKUs.. intriguing.

-darknemus

3 cd versions of the appetite re-release or Chinese democracy rellease?

chinese democracy those 3 skus are all for chinese democracy cd

Wonder if those could be DVD's?? Along with Bonus track CD's. Or maybe that's where they can release re-recorded songs.

So which is it $19.99 or $13.99

With all that's going on right now even the biggest skeptic has to be getting at least a little excited.

Well...I'm a pretty big skeptic, but the potential here is pretty fucking exciting, I must say. Please, please, please be true and please, please, please let the 3 seperate products thing be worth it.

Again...still skeptical, though.

I think hes saying the CDs were 13.99 and the LPs were 19.99

cds are $13.99

Lps are $19.99

The nearest Best Buy for me is 45 minutes away so I gave them a ring and asked them a few questions.

The person I spoke to in the music department was at the department conference and did hear the 3 tracks. He says he knows nothing about Guns N Roses. I asked him what he thought of what he heard he was having a hard time describing what he heard and he said "Theatrical".

Coming from what we already know I would say he is telling the truth. He looked into his system and could not find anything but that he knows from the conference its the 25th but the date could easily change. Also noted that nothing official yet because Best Buy wants it under tight lips, so he did not know of any midnight sales or specials.

Just some quick rampant speculation on the different CD SKUs.

A. They're priced the same which suggests to me they are not like 'enhanced CD' versions or 'collectors edition' versions of the same disc.

B. I can't find any other Best Buy albums on their website with 'different covers' - I know they're out there, but can someone dig it up so I can see if the SKUs are the same for different colored covers?

C. This is the RAMPANT SPECULATION part. Could this be the 'three albums' we've heard about over, and over, and over again?

-darknemus