Load and Reload

Vincent Vega

Load is my second favourite Metallica album right after Puppets. Sometimes, it's nice to just get a break from traditional metal, and Load shows how well Metallica can actually craft songs.

Some definite classics on both: King Nothing, The Outlaw Torn, Fixxxer, Where The Wild Things Are, Mama Said. I agree that there is some filler on Reload, but I feel like I can listen to every song (including Cure and Poor Twisted Me) on Load without disliking it. In fact, I love them. Plus, Hetfield's vocals on the album are spectacular and awesome to listen to on each individual track.

I don't really like Metallica, but I do have two of their albums on my computer, The Black Album and Reload, they're alright, but I only really ever listen to Low Man's Lyric and Fixxer, both excellent song, and sometimes Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman. Maybe I should give them another listen? Maybe Load as well?

I don't really like Metallica, but I do have two of their albums on my computer, The Black Album and Reload, they're alright, but I only really ever listen to Low Man's Lyric and Fixxer, both excellent song, and sometimes Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman. Maybe I should give them another listen? Maybe Load as well?

First you should check out some of their older stuff like Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning.. If you only like their stuff from the 90s then you should definitely check out Load.. Its better than ReLoad in my opinion.. Most of the songs are good.. My favorites are The Outlaw Torn, Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me, King Nothing, Until It Sleeps & Mama Said.. So Yeah give it a listen for sure. I'm sure there will be some songs you enjoy.

First you should check out some of their older stuff like Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning..

I didn't say I don't know their 80s work, I said I don't like it. I've heard, I guess, most of it at different points, but it left me far from enthusiastic about it. Metal in general is not my thing. (some exceptions)