Favorite guitarists

Becket

favorite guitarists  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Am I the only one that noticed Steve Harris is on the list even though he's a bassist? :confused:

Slash, most of my other favorites aren't on that list (Tony Iommi, Dave Murray, Brian May Chuck Treece (Never heard of him?), Mick Mars, etc.)

:o Opps I meant Dave Murray. I fixed that now.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash, (Wrote the SCOM intro, nevermind any of the other fantastic stuff he wrote)

Bumblefoot, (Great technical player, unique composer, first class human being.)

Buckethead, (So Technical it's scary)

Bjorn Gelotte & Jesper Stromblad (Have to put these two in as one, they write amazing twin- lead harmonies and brutal riffs)

Angus Young, (Great bluesy player, most charismatic live guitarist that has ever lived, a true Icon of Rock N Roll)

Claudio Sanchez and Travis Stever (Another great duo, write all the fabulous melodies for Coheed and Cambria.)

Malcolm Jones. (An underappreciated musical genius, can play more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at and just exudes musicality, more people need to learn to appreciate this man)

Joe Satriani. (Wrote "Love Thing", the most emotional guitar instrumental I've ever heard.)

I think it's interesting that Slash and David Gilmour are at the top, since they both have a similar style. Slash is kinda the Dave Gilmour of hard rock guitarists, in that he's more focused on melody than speed.

Personally, I'd put CHUCK BERRY at the top of the list though.

EDIT

Woops... I confused "other" with Gilmour. Please ignore my worthless observation.

I always thought that too, about slash and Gilmour.

Why's everyone liking Keith Richards. I mean, he's so incredibly overrated. Name one good guitar solo from the Stones. And when he plays, wrong notes are all over the place. I agree he's a cool dude, I thought he's cool when I saw them last year, but being cool has nothing to do with his playing.

Mine would be:

Buckethead

Slash

Jimmy Page

Dave Gilmour

Tony Iommi

Paul Gilbert

Yngwie J. Malmsteen

John Petrucci

Paul Quinn

Fernando von Arb

Steve Vai

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Walter Trout

Jake E. Lee

Robin Finck

Lily Lazer

HIM rules. B)

Why's everyone liking Keith Richards. I mean, he's so incredibly overrated. Name one good guitar solo from the Stones. And when he plays, wrong notes are all over the place. I agree he's a cool dude, I thought he's cool when I saw them last year, but being cool has nothing to do with his playing.

Because he is the Izzy of the Stones. He writes the majority of the material and has a great ear for tunes and hooks. He isnt about showing off and doing solos. If your looking for cool solos the stones probably isnt your band in the first place. But Mick Taylor was probably the best player the stones had.

Because he is the Izzy of the Stones. He writes the majority of the material and has a great ear for tunes and hooks. He isnt about showing off and doing solos. If your looking for cool solos the stones probably isnt your band in the first place. But Mick Taylor was probably the best player the stones had.

But that means he's a good composer, not a good guitarist. I've been playing gutiar for about 8 months maybe, and I wrote some stuff myself. Now imagine if I has written a melody like Satisfaction, which is really easy. Would that classify me as a gguitar hero even though I haven't played gutiar for a year?

But that means he's a good composer, not a good guitarist. I've been playing gutiar for about 8 months maybe, and I wrote some stuff myself. Now imagine if I has written a melody like Satisfaction, which is really easy. Would that classify me as a gguitar hero even though I haven't played gutiar for a year?

Well I wouldnt dispute the fact that he isnt a guitar hero, but as far as image goes he is pretty iconic. He is known more for his reputation then his playing.