Zeppelin to tour with The Cult opening!?

appetite4illusions

Take from NME.com

Led Zeppelin 2008 tour confirmed

The legends WILL play more dates

7 hours ago

Led Zeppelin will tour in 2008, the band who have been booked as their tour support have revealed.

Ian Astbury, lead singer of The Cult, has confirmed that they have been roped in to support the recently-reformed band on a jaunt next year.

According to Billboard, during a gig in Cincinnati on November 17, Astbury said: "We'll be back next year, because we're opening for a band you may have heard of. The name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it."

Hearing the announcement, a fan in the audience shouted, "Led Zeppelin." Astbury nodded an affirmative response, and raised an arm into the air.

Led Zeppelin are yet to announce official details of any new tours.

However speaking about their reunion on December 10, guitarist Jimmy Page has revealed the band will play one of their songs live for the first time ever.

Keep checking NME.COM for the latest on the Led Zeppelin reunion and in the meantime read our brief history of Led Zeppelin online now.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/32664

FUCKING CHANGE THAT TITLE!!

This means fuck all, I'm not believing a word until it comes from a decent source not the NME.

Fuck, I don't know what to think. And its gonna be a kick in the balls to anyone whos paid thousands for a ticket for the supposed only reunion gig.

Edited by kevdo242

A bit misleading thread title..... Anyways, I couldn't care less for The Cult. If Zeppelin tours, I'm there.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Cult had a really short set. Zeppelin never needed a support band before, why would they now?

Trust me, The Cult is one of the greatest bands in the 80's and i think that they are extremley underatted. For them to tour with zep is probably there comeback.

A bit misleading thread title..... Anyways, I couldn't care less for The Cult. If Zeppelin tours, I'm there.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Cult had a really short set. Zeppelin never needed a support band before, why would they now?

Trust me, The Cult is one of the greatest bands in the 80's and i think that they are extremley underatted. For them to tour with zep is probably there comeback.

But its Zeppelin.

But its Zeppelin.

I understand that, but the cult has been known for bringing the zep sound back, even when it was played out...so they deserve it

................................................................................

Change. The. Title

:mellow:

On topic, a tour would probably be the greatest thing i could ever hope to attend.. so please :lol: Come on guys!

Edited by JDRM

If they are enjoying playing together as much as the reports say...why not do some more gigs?

I tend to think it will be a somewhat exclusive tour though.

The Cult opening?...I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I saw them in Orlando at the House of Blues a couple of weeks ago and they were pretty damn good!

(I caught Ian Astbury's tambourine when he threw it into the crowd)

Although,I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being "an evening with Led Zeppelin".

Regardless...any opportunity I get to witness this,I'll be there...somehow....somewhere.

....if it really does happen

But Robert Plant has a tour booked for next year with Allison Krauss.

But if they went, why not have an opening act? I don't care who it is, it helps to build up the last-minute anticipation. Besides, with tickets probably costing $500-$700, then $1,500+ for VIP, I think you deserve more than one band.

But if they went, why not have an opening act? I don't care who it is, it helps to build up the last-minute anticipation. Besides, with tickets probably costing $500-$700, then $1,500+ for VIP, I think you deserve more than one band.

If that's what they charge for tickets people are gonna think twice about going.

If that's what they charge for tickets people are gonna think twice about going.

They might think twice, but they'll still do it!

I almost guarantee the price of a so-so ticket will be over $350 if they do tour.

People may not like the prices, but deserving another band is just wrong. Sure, it would be nice, but people would give up their left arm to see Led Zeppelin on a ticket at any price.

People may not like the prices, but deserving another band is just wrong. Sure, it would be nice, but people would give up their left arm to see Led Zeppelin on a ticket at any price.

Why? It's just rock 'n' roll. That's all it is. Plus, I would say they're a little past their prime. Do you really think it's worth $25-50 a live song from each person in the audience every night? Come on. That's a fortune.