Zeppelin reunion

Zint

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming that we have a dvd in the future...

assuming that page does the mixing and editing and producing...

what are your guesses for the setlist of the dvd?

will every song make it (given the low quality boot)?

I've been listening to this pretty constantly and I'm pretty sure that most of the songs will make it though I'm not sure about the first half - stuff like ramble on or in my time...I'm pretty sure that at least one of the tuned down songs is gonna be cut just because it seems like page is a nazi when it comes to editing (like the last led zeppelin dvd with cutting thank you)

maybe not but I just have this feeling...

After last Mondays incredible show and the absolute raving reviews that Led Zeppelin recieved the one thing I noted above and beyond and foremost was this.... That wasn't Robert Plant up there with a bunch of studio muscians. Albiet Jason sadly had to fill in for the Deceased- there can be no doubt that Led Zeppelin were again. Been along time indeed!

You look at the bar bands that surrounded GNR back in the day... two Ratts..Two La. Guns...ect..ect.. one member holding onto the name kind of shit and it become an incredible joke. Embarassing to a degree. A nostalgia act that illustrates desperation. What is distinctly different is that GNR are "legendary" they are amoung the elite. I've seen them twice in the new form and they are amazing but....still....just a shadow of the movement that they were in the hearts and minds of a generation.

Led Zeppelin are poised to sell stadiums out if need be. They won't be playing to 3/4 sold out arenas like the new GNR did.

No one is going to forget the old band. No one is going to rewrite history. The classic line up I believe will be in more of a demand in the near future. All the money is there. New bands are not selling out stadiums. New bands are lucky to fill 15,000 seats. Gen X like the baby boomers before them will drive the demand for the acts they idolized. I've read it and seen it.. most of the millenials don't want to see "dad" up thier doing thier cockwalks and Axl and Co are no exception. Motley Crue's crowd showed that statistic... yes some new but most of them.... Gen Xer's.

I think its time to go about the business of Guns and Roses and start getting back to the Jungle. Unless this new( does anybody realize that some of these people we term New have actually been in the band longer than the originals?) sets the world on fire with something that surpasses the old guys I fear that the mighty GnR may be playing in Oklahoma with Bang Tango at the Hairfest.

Led Zeppelin are poised to sell stadiums out if need be. They won't be playing to 3/4 sold out arenas like the new GNR did.

I really think that this all you needed to say!

A release of Chinese Democracy may ( and I mean ...may ) change this dynamic, but something tells me we'll never really know

I would say playing stadiums are general comment on demand for the band. nuGnR have already proved that they are more centered on festivle appearances in the summertime so it must be about the Money.... it certainly isnt for the publicity or the shilling of "new music" Axl wanted GNR to be the moster it became in the 90's and to a large degree maybe the other members were not ready to hit that level so soon. I dunno just speculation. The new lineup is good but..... who the hell are they and what do they have to say besides..... "Uhh ask Axl.I dunno about when"

After last Mondays incredible show and the absolute raving reviews that Led Zeppelin recieved the one thing I noted above and beyond and foremost was this.... That wasn't Robert Plant up there with a bunch of studio muscians. Albiet Jason sadly had to fill in for the Deceased- there can be no doubt that Led Zeppelin were again. Been along time indeed!

You look at the bar bands that surrounded GNR back in the day... two Ratts..Two La. Guns...ect..ect.. one member holding onto the name kind of shit and it become an incredible joke. Embarassing to a degree. A nostalgia act that illustrates desperation. What is distinctly different is that GNR are "legendary" they are amoung the elite. I've seen them twice in the new form and they are amazing but....still....just a shadow of the movement that they were in the hearts and minds of a generation.

No one is going to forget the old band. No one is going to rewrite history. The classic line up I believe will be in more of a demand in the near future. All the money is there. New bands are not selling out stadiums. New bands are lucky to fill 15,000 seats. Gen X like the baby boomers before them will drive the demand for the acts they idolized. I've read it and seen it.. most of the millenials don't want to see "dad" up thier doing thier cockwalks and Axl and Co are no exception. Motley Crue's crowd showed that statistic... yes some new but most of them.... Gen Xer's.

I think its time to go about the business of Guns and Roses and start getting back to the Jungle. Unless this new( does anybody realize that some of these people we term New have actually been in the band longer than the originals?) sets the world on fire with something that surpasses the old guys I fear that the mighty GnR may be playing in Oklahoma with Bang Tango at the Hairfest.

You stated on you topic description"Axl should take notice" What about the other guys taht made up gnr?

True all the other guys should if they are savy to being up there again with the legends. Does money matter to these guys still??? dunno. Axl at this point has the steering wheel and the keys to the GNR car. His is first and last from what we understand. I say give it a few more years to ferment and you'll see a larger degree of the 90's set demanding some action. Its about DEMAND and right now the music scene ... does anybody not see there is a demand for something...Better?

Axl needs to become capable of what many other musicians have done/are doing, and that's release new music. After that if he wants to reunited with his former band mates, write a book, snort crack off a hooker's ass, he can. But if he goes without releasing CD while people still care (though not as many do now as did before) he'll just go down in the history books as a pathetic overhyped musician. I'd hate for that to happen but given what's going on now...