Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Oh look about that. People here has seen it outside of Sweden. Didn't know if the Swedish media had just been exaggerated the success outside of Sweden. I don't know, but I've kind of thought it was.

But yeah, Lilja 4-ever is really showing some scary reallity of which most people think is terrible, but don't care to exert themself with to make a difference.

Anyone else seen the trailer for "Teeth" and thought "What!?" :confused: . Pretty unique idea for a horror film I guess, the current tagline i saw was "It's what's inside that counts" although I personally think "You don't eat the pussy, the pussy eats you," Is a better one :P.

I decided to watch that with my boyfriend without realising what it was about, because, you know, horror films usually make for good date nights. Not exactly the best choice there. :lol:

But it's actually quite scary/hilarious, although it sort of fizzles out by the end.

such an evil concept for a movie

will give us guys nightmares :lol:

Just watched Teeth today. It's more stupidly funny than scary and can in no way be taken as a serious horror flick.

Waited and waited and waited to see the girls gams and eventually you do for a brief time. There are more naked guys and shots of penises than female nudity.

At least now I never have to bother watching it again.

Edit: Oh yeah, and all I could think about when watching it was the Pillowpants scene from Clerks.

Edited by SofaKingWhat

I saw Son Of The Mask

Yeesh, they weren't kidding when they said it was awful.

I've seen Dumb and Dumberer which I thought was in alright, all things considered, it wasn't hilarious as the original, but I didn't go in thinking it would be. I went with the same frame of mind when watching Son Of The Mask The first half hour was one of the longest of my life, to the point where I fast forwarded some parts that I knew wouldn't be crucial to the story (if there even was one?). To his fairness though, I thought Jamie Kennedy was really good when he actually put on the mask - which is very rarely - I did like the group rendition of "Cant Take My Eyes Off Of You"(can be seen here

- I mean it's nowhere near as being as good as "Cuban Pete" but I thought it was funny. But other than that a complete stinker of a movie. Here's hoping Ace Ventura 3 learns from Son Of The Mask - but I doubt it will.

Ace Ventura Jnr is going to be bloody awful.

What is it with classic films being brought out of nostalgia world to be ruined?

I thought the writers strike was over but no one seems to be coming up with original ideas.

In fact, can anyone tell me any really good films that have come out that arn't based on a true story, a book, a comic or any other source other than some guy sitting down with with his own ideas and starting a script from scratch?

What do you guys think of Punch Drunk Love?

Is that the Boogie Nite director with Adam Sandler?

I did see it. It was kind of messy, but it was arty, it seemed like a weird combonation. It's like when Will Ferrel did that serious movie.

I would have to watch it again to get the nuances of it, it wasnt easy to digest but maybe be good movie.

What do you guys think of Punch Drunk Love?

Is that the Boogie Nite director with Adam Sandler?

I did see it. It was kind of messy, but it was arty, it seemed like a weird combonation. It's like when Will Ferrel did that serious movie.

I would have to watch it again to get the nuances of it, it wasnt easy to digest but maybe be good movie.

It's worth a second try, the movie itself is very good. It's easily the highlight of Sandler's career, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the balls in it too.

There are some artsy transitions, but the dialogue is still pure PTA. I love everything the guy has done, including the Fiona Apple music videos.

Bought some new films today:

A Bronx Tale

Is that the Robert De Niro directed one? Let us know what that's like, I keep seeing it and thinking of buying it.

It's rather good.

Very Scorsese like in its direction, especially the manic fight scene in the bar scored to fifties music.

Edited by appetite4illusions

Recently re-watched:

Persona

What's Up Doc?

The Beguiled

2 Days in Paris

Worst trailer ever. Trumps even Jane Austen Book Club and the one for Sex and the City. Everyone associated with this should get herpes. Seriously. That's how great the original is and how offensive this pissant remake looks. :fuckyou:

Edited by Angelica

A Bronx Tale

Is that the Robert De Niro directed one? Let us know what that's like, I keep seeing it and thinking of buying it.

its not amazing or anything. definitely a good watch. its one of those movies that...its REALLY good the first couple of times but in places its REALLY corny y'know? its like a coming of age movie set in the whole sort of Goodfellas envoirnment. the ending is pretty fucking corny but then theres nothing ever so wrong with that is there? definitely definitely worth a watch, its definitely entertaining.

The Beguiled

now thats a fuckin movie!!! "i hear yanks have tails" :lol: i could imagine a pervert like you diggin that movie actually :xmasssanta:

A Bronx Tale

its not amazing or anything. definitely a good watch. its one of those movies that...its REALLY good the first couple of times but in places its REALLY corny y'know? its like a coming of age movie set in the whole sort of Goodfellas envoirnment. the ending is pretty fucking corny but then theres nothing ever so wrong with that is there? definitely definitely worth a watch, its definitely entertaining.

The Beguiled

now thats a fuckin movie!!! "i hear yanks have tails" :lol: i could imagine a pervert like you diggin that movie actually :xmasssanta:

It is pretty salacious... :lol:

A Bronx Tale

The Beguiled

It is pretty salacious... :lol:

suits down your boots then doesnt it? :P its actually a great example of how well picked the early Eastwood stuff was and how his body of work isnt...the usual action hero or 70s action hero tripe that im sure people that are sort of heels dug into the whole man with no name persona realise. did you ever see Bird, outta interest? :)

Well, tonight was the local premiere of Sex and the City, and it was said the first 400 visitors would receive free tickets as well as a coupons for a Cosmopolitan in the bar downstairs, and my best friend quite likes the show, so obviously I had to succumb to her pleas to go stand in line together and then go watch the wretched thing. There was even some sort of male stripper group appearing in the theatre just before the movie started rolling, which was a bit of a "What the..?!" moment :lol: , but everyone else got into it, and the atmosphere was pretty good as a result. Anyway, the movie itself was a bit botched, and dragged on far too long by the end, but it had its brainlessly funny moments and Chris Noth, so I didn't suffer too much.

Well, tonight was the local premiere of Sex and the City, and it was said the first 400 visitors would receive free tickets as well as a coupons for a Cosmopolitan in the bar downstairs, and my best friend quite likes the show, so obviously I had to succumb to her pleas to go stand in line together and then go watch the wretched thing. There was even some sort of male stripper group appearing in the theatre just before the movie started rolling, which was a bit of a "What the..?!" moment :lol: , but everyone else got into it, and the atmosphere was pretty good as a result. Anyway, the movie itself was a bit botched, and dragged on far too long by the end, but it had its brainlessly funny moments and Chris Noth, so I didn't suffer too much.

I just got dragged too. :lol: It's pretty fucking horrible, but vaguely compelling. Much like the show. Three of the four lead faces are a hell of a lot easier to take on a television screen, though... :scared:

suits down your boots then doesnt it? its actually a great example of how well picked the early Eastwood stuff was and how his body of work isnt...the usual action hero or 70s action hero tripe that im sure people that are sort of heels dug into the whole man with no name persona realise. did you ever see Bird, outta interest?

Yeah, he's a really gifted director.

Edited by Angelica

I just saw Indy with my girlfriend. Have to say I was not pleased. The film is mediocre at best despite having an all-star crew and writer. Definitely the worst of the bunch. The ending in Last Crusade was brilliant. They should have just left it at 3. If you want to see a great film I implore you to rent Sunset Blvd (1950 Paramount). Billy Wilder was the greatest director of all time.