Film Thread

ssiscool

Lebowski's good, but damn, it sure is overrated.

i get your point. its sort of almost designed for cult status and because of that you sometimes get the impression that a lot of people have made an effort to "get" it whatever thats supposed to mean..

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeway, Husbands and Wives,

Goodbye, Mr. Chips

fucking class. especially Freeway!!! aint that the most fucked up movie?!?! :D never occured to me that it was a take on little red riding hood. fucking obvious when you think about it. suprised you've seen Mr Chips, cant imagine many on here have. O Toole or Donat? :)

Edited by ffrankwhite

Freeway, Husbands and Wives,

Goodbye, Mr. Chips

fucking class. especially Freeway!!! aint that the most fucked up movie?!?! :D never occured to me that it was a take on little red riding hood. fucking obvious when you think about it. suprised you've seen Mr Chips, cant imagine many on here have.

Yeah, I love Freeway. I don't know how you missed the Red Riding Hood motif, though. Kiefer Sutherland's character is named Wolverton, she's trying to get to her grandma's...FFS, when she heads off she has a basket! :lol:

Does anyone else here have a selection of movies that they watch when coming home from a party or whatever at night? I always watch one of these:

Summer of Sam

Dawn of the Dead

Ghosts of Mars

Resident Evil

Blair Witch Project

Reservoir Dogs

Falling Down

The Royal Tenenbaums

Random Steven Seagal movie

Random Sylvester Stallone movie

Random Jean Claude Van Damme movie

Edited by Lithium

Lebowski's good, but damn, it sure is overrated.

i get your point. its sort of almost designed for cult status and because of that you sometimes get the impression that a lot of people have made an effort to "get" it whatever thats supposed to mean..

I hate to sound like a dick but i saw lebowski when it first came out, before it had this cult status that it has now and i fukin loved it and thought evryone must love this film! So i dont think its overated at all, i do find it wierd that so many people know about it as only a few of my friends had seen it when it first came out.

And nameless girl what did you think of serenity? i didnt really dig it that much, im a huge firefly fan though, was a fukin crime that got axed, fuck fox!

On another note I saw shine a light last night, was fukn amazing, actually felt like you were there at the concert, the stones are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world, jagger has so much stage presence and keith is still the king of cool.

Edited by Midnight Rambler

Serenity, because it was the next logical step after Firefly. :heart:

Nathan Fillion is such an underrated actor. Aside from Serenity and Waitress, has he ever gotten another lead part in a feature?

has was in that horror comedy,Slither,good gory fun :)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Does anyone else here have a selection of movies that they watch when coming home from a party or whatever at night? I always watch one of these:

Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Neverending Story or Ghostbusters.

I hate the Resident Evil movie series. Really hate it.

Bought the Cable Guy and Blue Streak today - Blue Streak is an impulse buy, is it any good?

Meehhh, the Resident Evil movies are really cool when you're drunk, in particular the first one.

Blue Streak - no, not really, I turned it off halfway through.

Well it was a trailer on Kurt Russel's Used Cars.

Maybe it's 'cos I love the games so much, but I can't get into the Resident Evil movies at all, I keep seeing the next one thinking oh maybe they'll get it right, but nope never do. Milla Jovich's character (Project something?) isn't even in the damn games. What's the deal with that?

Bought the Cable Guy and Blue Streak today - Blue Streak is an impulse buy, is it any good?

Meehhh, the Resident Evil movies are really cool when you're drunk, in particular the first one.

Blue Streak was okay, definitely watchable and entertaining, its just fluff comedy, you just kinda gotta take it for what its worth :)

Blue Streak was okay, definitely watchable and entertaining, its just fluff comedy, you just kinda gotta take it for what its worth :)

You can take Plan 9 From Outer Space for what it's worth too, and it' still crap. I'm just so god damn tired of buddy cop films - they were cool as hell when I was like... 9, but now they're just boring and predictable to me.

Edited by Lithium

Blue Streak was okay, definitely watchable and entertaining, its just fluff comedy, you just kinda gotta take it for what its worth

You can take Plan 9 From Outer Space for what it's worth too, and it' still crap. I'm just so god damn tired of buddy cop films - they were cool as hell when I was like... 9, but now they're just boring and predictable to me.

what i generally find is that i go so far out into watching...really artsy abstract stuff that i kind of need dumbass shit like Blue Streak just to learn to breathe again :lol: its definitely a piece of shit and hey, hey, HEY!! Plan 9 is a fucking masterpiece!! :lol: you loved it and you know it too!!

Blue Streak was okay, definitely watchable and entertaining, its just fluff comedy, you just kinda gotta take it for what its worth

what i generally find is that i go so far out into watching...really artsy abstract stuff that i kind of need dumbass shit like Blue Streak just to learn to breathe again :lol: its definitely a piece of shit and hey, hey, HEY!! Plan 9 is a fucking masterpiece!! :lol: you loved it and you know it too!!

Yeah, I get what you're saying, Frank. :lol: Well, I guess Plan 9 falls into the "so bad it's good" category. :lol:

Saw In the Valley of Elah with my dad last night. Pretty decent flick, and I liked the way that the character played by Tommy Lee Jones discovered the reality of society, although I think some of the hints were too obvious.