Film Thread

ssiscool

Zodiac looks absolutely amazing on blu-ray. One of the best qualities I've seen, I believe, in my opinion.

I'm trying to save my money right now (which is hard when you're addicted to buying shit like blu-rays, etc), but I think I'm going to pick up the new edition of Memento (never seen it, but I'm sure I'll like it) when it comes out this week. Also debating on grabbing the new reissue of Rain Main, also, on blu-ray.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanilla Sky. Goofy and just plain irritating. Tom Cruise is almost as bad as Kevin Spacey. For a guy who is pretty much certified nuts, he sure does a poor job acting it. I hate those psychological dramas just ties the story together with *un-predictable and straight absurd*. The message and plot was a yawn. Sound tracks and penelope was hot as shit, and I like Kurt Russel.

you didn't like vanilla sky? tom cruise was on point in that movie IMO, great plot and story.

the original is based off

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0125659/

came out in 97, completely spanish though. penelope plays the same part.

meh, some people like it some don't. :shrugs:

i loved vanilla sky, it had me thinking about life for the following few weeks...guess that means its good?

yeah bro that's kinda the point :D I experienced the same. If you actually comprehend the movie it's amazing.

love the soundtrack too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eL18_CE3_Q

I watched the remake of I Spit On Your Grave yesterday. What a thoroughly nasty film.

In a good way? I've got that one on my laptop.

From what I've heard, it's extremely gruesome.

Not gruesome so much just a bit icky. I think the whole rape thing makes it a bit morally dubious but it was an alright watch. :shrugs:

very intense movie! I saw the original before I saw the remake, and the original had a few iffy parts... but the remake, wow.

the rape scenes were pretty brutal to watch, but the revenge scenes were done so well!!! very disturbing on both ends!
Edited by Forsaken

Watched (500) Days Of Summer earlier, thought it was quite good.

That's nice. I thought only girls would like this movie. I loved it as well. Those two are simply adorable. :heart:

From what I recall the girl seemed like an annoying heartbreaking biatch...but yeah the movie was good.

That's nice. I thought only girls would like this movie. I loved it as well. Those two are simply adorable. :heart:

From what I recall the girl seemed like an annoying heartbreaking biatch...but yeah the movie was good.

Watching it today after what I had heard, I expected her to be much much worse.

Despite her breaking his heart, she didn't love him so its understandable she would end it.

Despite her breaking his heart, she didn't love him so its understandable she would end it.

I guess, but the way she went about it and the way she acted in general seemed bitchish...but he probably ended up with Minka Kelly, so it's all good.

I guess, but the way she went about it and the way she acted in general seemed bitchish...but he probably ended up with Minka Kelly, so it's all good.

I agree. She was fuckin cold man. I watched it for the like the 4th time last night and found myself yelling at the TV.

Did anyone else see Blue Valentine? That movie will stick with you

Guest Len B'stard

tumblr_l2qa4aweCT1qzx4bjo1_500.gif

Been watching Buster Keaton clips all day. The man was a genius. Easily my favourite actor from the silent era. His stunts were simply superb.

Buster Keatons absolutely sublime, Steamboat Bill jnr is like the greatest movie ever!

I never knew there was an I Spit On Your Grave remake. That movie never made no sense to me...some girl gets buttfucked in the woods, is let alone, then for some odd reason goes back to get buttfucked some more and then goes and kills the people that fucked her. Only saw it once so perhaps my memory is kinda sketchy. I remember some guy getting stabbed in the cock in a bathtub in it.

This might have been said before but the opening scene/chapter of Inglourious Bastards is one of the most finely crafted moments of recent cinema.

I always end up needing a glass of milk watching that scene

I'm watching Gone, Baby Gone for the 10th time. This and "The Town", god bless Ben Affleck

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Saw Never Let Me Go Tonight. I nearly cried in the cinema. What a load of bloody crap. Seriously just crap from start to finish. The only thing I kind of liked from it was Carey Mulligan :wub: Luckily I didn't have to pay to see it, I would have been pretty annoyed if I shelled out almost a tenner to see that tripe.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Oscars this Sunday, any predictions? I am going for True Grit.

Best Picture ( should win): Black Swan, The Social Network. I wouldn't object too strenuously if The Fighter or True Grit or 127 Hours or Winter's Bone etc took it. Anything but The King's Sprech.

Will win - The Fucking King's Fucking Speech