• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it has Zac Efron in it

I'm not into pretty boys. :shrugs:

How about pretty men? :kiss:

Thats you out on both counts

My bad actually I thought you were Markyboy with that sig and avatar.

The above statement exists for Marky though!

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

But it has Zac Efron in it

I'm not into pretty boys. :shrugs:

How about pretty men? :kiss:

Thats you out on both counts

My bad actually I thought you were Markyboy with that sig and avatar.

The above statement exists for Marky though!

:lol:

What About Bob=Win

just saw the new harry potter.

just liek the book boring, predictable, and nothing happens (i know ONE thing happens, it just doesnt feel too important).

this is comign form someone who loved the books, well except the 6th, i hated it and never read 7th

Sam Raimi is directing the upcoming live action World of Warcraft movie.

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – July 22, 2009 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Sam Raimi has signed on to direct the eagerly-anticipated major motion picture based on Blizzard Entertainment’s award-winning Warcraft® universe. Raimi has, in the course of his career, clearly demonstrated a genius for developing and adapting existing fictional universes for mainstream audiences while staying true to the spirit of the original content.

Raimi directed the Spider-Man trilogy, which has broken box-office records around the world and garnered five Academy Award® nominations. Known for his imaginative filmmaking style, richly drawn characters and offbeat humor, Raimi wrote and directed the cult classic, The Evil Dead and produced 30 Days Of Night. He most recently wrote and directed the supernatural thriller, Drag Me To Hell.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," said Raimi. "I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen."

Charles Roven’s producing talents were recently seen with last summer’s blockbuster The Dark Knight, which grossed in excess of $1 billion, was nominated for eight Academy Awards® and won two. His body of work also includes the widely acclaimed Batman Begins and the sci-fi classic 12 Monkeys. Roven, with Atlas producing partner Alex Gartner, will be producing with Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni, Raimi and Raimi’s producing partner Joshua Donen. Raimi’s partner, Robert Tapert, will be an Executive Producer and Blizzard Entertainment’s Senior Vice President of Creative Development, Chris Metzen, a Co-Producer.

"Partnering with Sam Raimi exemplifies Legendary's mandate of marrying the highest quality intellectual property to world-class filmmakers" said Legendary’s Tull. "Sam's passion for 'Warcraft' is undeniable and we know that he will create an incredible film worthy of Blizzard's phenomenal franchise. We look forward to collaborating with our partners at Warner Bros. and continuing our successful relationship with Chuck in bringing this rich new world to the screen."

"Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have a shared vision for this film and we searched at length to find the very best director to bring that vision to life," said Paul Sams, chief operating officer of Blizzard Entertainment. "From our first conversation with Sam, we could tell he was the perfect choice. Sam knows how to simultaneously satisfy the enthusiasts and the mainstream audience that might be experiencing that content for the first time. We're looking forward to working with him to achieve that here."

Watched 3 films today.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- Its my favorite of the books and so was a little disappointed but the adaptations they made didnt affect the plot.

Terminator Salvation- Was alright but it didnt really seem to have a purpose. Seemed very nothingy especially at the end after you think they have struck a blow Connor is all "Skynet is still really strong".

The Watchmen Directors Cut- 3 hours of not very good rather then 2 hours 40 of not very good. Just so much annoyed me. The ending and how it is changed from the book. The epic fail of the sex scene as it was weird with the music. The handling of Rorshach in prison and finally how they started by showing how the comedian died rather then starting with him dead.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

The Watchmen Directors Cut- 3 hours of not very good rather then 2 hours 40 of not very good. Just so much annoyed me. The ending and how it is changed from the book. The epic fail of the sex scene as it was weird with the music. The handling of Rorshach in prison and finally how they started by showing how the comedian died rather then starting with him dead.

No, no, no, no. Our first disagreement.

Regardless of them changing a few things around, I thought it was a great adaptation of such a graphic novel. I thought they did fine with Rorschach in in prison. The only thing I wish they would have done different there would be to

have had him escape without his costume and then have to go back to where he lived to get the extra one hidden under the floorboards.

I don't see what was wrong with the sex scene. :unsure:

And showing the Comedian die from the start, in my opinion, was really no different than from showing him being fought and killed while the detectives were in his apartment like in the book.

I've seen the movie three times so far and enjoyed it each time. I saw it in the theaters, when the VHS rip came out online, and when the Director's Cut showed up online a few weeks ago.