Film Thread

ssiscool

Saw Harry Potter last night. *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

I didn't exactly have high expectations for it or anything but, as the majority of other people said; 'What a load of shite'. I can't remember even reading the book - though, it's in my book cupoard, so I must have. The film focuses a lot on the main characters' relationships with other members of the opposite sex. So, Ron gets a girlfriend, Hermione's all jealous/depressed because of this and Harry's portrayed as a bit of a lothario. Obviously, this film is highlighting the fact that they've really grown up and are now adults. Ok, we get that. Not that much information is given away about The Half Blood Prince either - even though that's the name of the film, it doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Draco gets all darker and mysterious in this one and barely talks, he's just seen skulking about in empty rooms and dark corridors, with the occasional conversation with Snape. This film doesn't seem as dark as previous ones. More about them getting laid.

Hopefully the next film will start directly where this one left off, as it finished with a massive cliff hanger - actually, considering the seriousness of what happened towards the end, it ended on a bit of an anti-climax. All in all, I foudn it quite slow-paced and it's definitely not the best Harry Potter film made.

I havent seen it yet but I was under the impression that it was the best one yet bearing in mind it has 98% fresh on rottentomatoes and 100% fresh from critics.

As everything you mentioned in your post that happens in the book aswell. In the book the Half Blood Prince isnt talked about much until the very end and he isnt a huge issue untill near the end. Malfoy is barely seen and that is the point as Harry becomes obsessed with what they do. The argument about the "kids getting laid" is stupid as that happens in the book aswell and that is what people of that age (15/16) do in real life. The book ended on anti-climax aswell.

As I said I havent seen it yet but everyone I have talked to that has and critics alike have really liked it and all of the negative stuff you mentioned was pretty much how it happened in the book. Obviously as a film they will have to leave stuff out which is why I am glad they are doing the last one in two parts.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks quite good but i watched the trailor and it wernt what i expected, looks a bit more serious then jud's other films...not a bad thing though, just have to wait til it comes out (funny people) that is. Sure itl be gooden

Edited by carsonskitz

I got to see Drag Me to Hell for free last night. It was pretty good.

It's a shame it didn't do well at the box office.

Yeah, I liked it a lot. I'll probably watch it again whenever a DVD screener comes out, but God knows when that'll be... You' think it would be out by now.

Yeah, i thought it was pretty good. Scared the shit outta me. Have u seen the Haunting of Conneticutt? Not that scary, but pretty good flick. Somebody start a favorite horror film thread. Anybody?

I want see Funny People. Adam Sandlers last chance as far as I'm concerned.

I have given up on him now.

I'm still in denial. The rest of the cast look they can hold the film up.

Me and this misses used to really look forward to his films, you kind of relied on there being at least two or three scenes that would have you in stitches, recent efforts lack that initial independent feel and humour.

However he still has the funniest scene in a film i have ever seen, in Big Daddy way delivery guy tries to spell hippopotamus, every time i see that im off.

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Not that I like him, but isn't Adam Sandler quiet popular? Hasn't his last films been good in your opinion, or what? Personally, I've never really liked him, but I usually can't stand those mega-comedy-stars, like Jim Carrey etc.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, I know.

Anyways, the last three days, I've watched the the "Dollars Trilogy" or what it's called. They were great.

Yeah, i thought it was pretty good. Scared the shit outta me. Have u seen the Haunting of Conneticutt? Not that scary, but pretty good flick. Somebody start a favorite horror film thread. Anybody?

All this haunting and possessed demon child stuff is just starting to get stale really fast.

Like it wasn't bad enough they did a shot for shot re-make of The Omen(should've done something original) now we've got a splurge of Haunting movies.

Thank god Europe's putting out great films.

I want see Funny People. Adam Sandlers last chance as far as I'm concerned.

I have given up on him now.

I'm still in denial. The rest of the cast look they can hold the film up.

Me and this misses used to really look forward to his films, you kind of relied on there being at least two or three scenes that would have you in stitches, recent efforts lack that initial independent feel and humour.

However he still has the funniest scene in a film i have ever seen, in Big Daddy way delivery guy tries to spell hippopotamus, every time i see that im off.

Yeah, Big Daddy, Bill Madison, and Water Boy were basically his last "real big" movies.

Chuck & Larry had some laughs, but nothing up to Sandler's expectations. Same goes for Bedtime Stores. But that wasn't exactly supposed to be too extremely funny since it's more of a family comedy. I never saw Zohan so I can't say anything about that.

I do have high hopes for his new movie though. I think it'll be good. If Sandler doesn't make it funny, then Seth Rogen will definitely have to have his moments in it.