Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did i mention i watched Star Trek and Terminator Salvation, i really enjoyed Yelchin's portrayal of Reese and i didn't like his accent in Star Trek. If Nimoy featured why didn't Shatner? I enjoyed both films.

Because in Spocks time Kirk is dead therefore no Shatner

Shatner requested a cameo on numerous occasions but it was considered counter productive.

Did i mention i watched Star Trek and Terminator Salvation, i really enjoyed Yelchin's portrayal of Reese and i didn't like his accent in Star Trek. If Nimoy featured why didn't Shatner? I enjoyed both films.

Because in Spocks time Kirk is dead therefore no Shatner

Shatner requested a cameo on numerous occasions but it was considered counter productive.

I heard that he demanded a bigger part and wasn't going to settle for anything else. They could have found a way around the whole dead thing. It's Star Trek ffs. I thought that was an excellent film though.

The Hangover was stupendous. A friend of mine said they are thinking about making a sequel. Not sure how that'd work.

I thought Night at the Museum 2 was atrocious.

I've started this thing where I'm going to watch famous movie series, weekly or whatever. I just finished up the Die Hard movies, and I'm going to start on the Bourne movies next week. I wanna get the Rambo ones in there, too.

Any recommendations of great series would be appreciated. They'd have to be appropriate (at least as appropriate as the Die Hard and Bourne movies are), as I watch them with my little brother, sister, and brother-in-law. Thanks.

Rambo is definitely a good choice. Rambo II is one of my all time favorite movies.

Other series to watch (I'd imagine you've seen some of them, but I'll list them anyway...)

Terminator

Star Wars ( IV-VI only, the new shit is terrible)

Evil Dead I/II/Army of Darkness

Child's Play (the first one and bride of chucky are fantastic, the rest are ok down to absolute shit)

Hellraiser (I and II are amazing, III is pretty cool, the rest go down hill)

Nightmare On Elm Street (all are cool but I, III and Wes Craven's New Nightmare are amazing)

Austin Powers

The Scream Trilogy

Pirates trilogy

some of those might not be so appropriate for kids but they are all good.

Child's Play 2 is still pretty good.

Has a good atmosphere in that giant house.

Oh, and if you're interested in purchasing the Child's Play films you'll have to buy the first one separate The Killer Collection only has 2-4 due to MGM owning the first.

Oh, and if you're interested in purchasing the Child's Play films you'll have to buy the first one separate The Killer Collection only has 2-4 due to MGM owning the first.

the second one is pretty good. 3 and 5 are terrible though.

And yah, I hate that about the box set. Damn franchise hoppinf film companies. It's the same reason we will never get a hellraiser box with all 8 films.

Star Wars ( IV-VI only, the new shit is terrible)

im actually worknig my way thru the star wars series right now (I-VI, im currently 1/2 way thru V). i didnt like the new ones when i first saw them , but in the context of the whole saga, i enjoyed them quite a bit. watching them one by one as they came out was awful, but watching them all in a row (then the originals) gives it more flow and makes it more enjoyable.

now its time to go video tape myself using a broomstick to simulate a double ended light sabre in battle.

dont make fun of me, ive got TBD. (arrested development?).

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

If I'd rank the Star Wars-films it would be like this:

1. Episode III

2. Episode VI

3. Episode IV

4. Episode I

5. Episode V

6. Episode II

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

What's your favourite-scene from the Star Wars?

My favourite is when Yoda enters the room with the Emperor in the end of III and make a slow motion with his arm and the guards is smashed into the wall. Ice cold.

A New Hope is the best, followed (very closely) by Empire Strikes Back.

Return of the Jedi is okay, but there's some Disney-esque shit to it that I really don't like.

Revenge of the Sith is by far the best of the new films, but still several pegs down from the original trilogy.

Episodes 1 and 2 are not worth talking about. Fucking garbage.

Edited by mandead

What's your favourite-scene from the Star Wars?

My favourite is when Yoda enters the room with the Emperor in the end of III and make a slow motion with his arm and the guards is smashed into the wall. Ice cold.

Mine is in 3 when the guards are about to turn on Yoda, then he does the backflip and slices their heads off.

the second one is pretty good. 3 and 5 are terrible though.

And yah, I hate that about the box set. Damn franchise hoppinf film companies. It's the same reason we will never get a hellraiser box with all 8 films.

Same with Re-Animator.

Anchor Bay should just buy the rights and release a proper Pandora's Box.