Film Thread

ssiscool

I saw the new Terminator.

Worthy of inclusion in the series for sure!

It was well done but the first one is still my fav.

I just finished reading a review on T$ and was coming here to ask about it. The review said that T4 stank; the plot made no sense and the acting was poor. Sound fair?

Well if T$ says it sucks then it must!

Oops. That should be "T4" not "T$"...

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've fallen in love with Dogme 95 ater seeing Festen, which is by far the best Danish film I've seen. Anyone else interested in von Trier and the rest of the gang?

I've always found the whole Dogme thing to be attention seeking despite some of the interesting films it did produce.

I watched Eastern Promises last night. Really enjoyed it. A twist I never saw coming either. The sauna scene must be one of the most visceral things I've seen in a while.

Just re-watched Lilya-4ever. Great film, one of the best Swedish ones I've seen.

Definitely. :heart: Lukas Moodysson is one of the rare directors who manages to tone down the sensationalism and melodrama when portraying young people in abusive situations or young people in lesbian love or whatever possibly controversial topic it is he's translating onto celluloid at the time.

Speaking of devastating films about teens, I watched À ma soeur! and Ondskan recently and adored the frankness in them both.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Speaking of devastating films about teens, I watched Ondskan recently and adored the frankness in them both.

The Swedish film? Or is it from Slovakia?

How come you see so much films from Sweden? Have seen these by Lukas Moodysson, that vampire-film, and some others too I guess.

In Sweden, we literally only watch films from US, UK, Sweden and Denmark. Don't know why, because some other countries must produce good films too.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

is that steve coogan in your sig? i dont know anything about him outside hamlet 2 / night at the museum / curb your enthu. but that looks an awful lot like him. ive heard of his 'alan partrige' charaacter or whatever, is that him?

p.s. we are soul mates. or at least terrible movie soul mates.

Damn right that's Alan Partridge! :wub:24 Hour Party People is also unmissable.

I'm Alan Partridge might be my favourite comedy of all time :heart:

Will you marry me? :wub:

your going to have to fight me first.

Edited by Jackie Moon

How come you see so much films from Sweden? Have seen these by Lukas Moodysson, that vampire-film, and some others too I guess.

In Sweden, we literally only watch films from US, UK, Sweden and Denmark. Don't know why, because some other countries must produce good films too.

Swedish.

I have a few pretentious film studies friends. :tongue2: That, and they always used to show more European, but non-English, and Asian films than English and American ones as "films of the week" on the two national TV channels I've been able to watch while growing up, so I've gotten used to them.

So I've fallen in love with Dogme 95 ater seeing Festen, which is by far the best Danish film I've seen. Anyone else interested in von Trier and the rest of the gang?

As ADPT said, a couple of interesting films have resulted, but the movement itself is absolutely retarded. And Lars Von Trier is the biggest douche in the universe.

Just saw The Happening. Further proof that tree huggers can't do anything right.

It's sheer hilarity though. :lol:

is that steve coogan in your sig? i dont know anything about him outside hamlet 2 / night at the museum / curb your enthu. but that looks an awful lot like him. ive heard of his 'alan partrige' charaacter or whatever, is that him?

p.s. we are soul mates. or at least terrible movie soul mates.

Damn right that's Alan Partridge! :wub:24 Hour Party People is also unmissable.

I'm Alan Partridge might be my favourite comedy of all time :heart:

Will you marry me? :wub:

your going to have to fight me first.

:blink::rofl-lol::kiss:

I saw the new Terminator.

Worthy of inclusion in the series for sure!

It was well done but the first one is still my fav.

I`m looking formard to see this film!!!! I just can`t wait! :heart::heart:

It is possible to watch the film online, but the quality is really awful. So i`m going to the preem on 4th of june.

I liked Sam :wub: He looks so handsome. Haven`t seen him before, but i think he is in subject.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Swedish.

I have a few pretentious film studies friends. :tongue2: That, and they always used to show more European, but non-English, and Asian films than English and American ones as "films of the week" on the two national TV channels I've been able to watch while growing up, so I've gotten used to them.

Ah. Interesting. I wish they would do that here too. As I said, they pretty much only show films from US, UK, Sweden and Denmark. I'm sure there are many great ones from other countries too.

I finally got round to watching Erin Brockovich (yeah, a decade late I know) - I wasn't expecting much as I just assumed it was a trashy Julia Roberts romcom of some sort, but of course it isn't, and both her and Finney are fantastic.

Speaking of him, also saw his remake of The Browning Version - I doubt many have seen it but it's very moving. He puts his all into it.

Caught Fargo for the first time too :) Pretty nifty :)

I don't get the fascination for that movie. I saw it and thought it was just meh. I suppose I missed something, I don't know. I love the Coen brothers though, I've seen all their movies, minus 1 or 2 and loved most of them. Fargo didn't click.

I can't wait to see it. How did the audience react to the worst scenes?

Well, not in any special kind of way. I would guess the audience consisted of 20 people and none of them really reacted abnormal ;) I guess the people at Cannes are just really squeamish :P

Edited by Gods Favourite