Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some films I'm really looking forward to:

A Christmas Carol - Jim Carrey, Gary Oldman, Robin Wright Penn, Colin Firth, Bob Hoskins & Michelle Trachtenberg.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Colin Farrell, Lily Cole.

Alice in Wonderland - Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway, Alan Rickman, Stephen Fry, Michael Sheen, Timothy Spall.

Talk about all-star casts!

Edited by markyboy101

After seeing him in TDK, Harry Potter, JFK (And he's the scary clown in Since I Dont Have You), I'm getting into Gary Oldman. Any other films of his that I should see? I know that he's the doing the voice for one of the characters in the new Spyro movie. :lol: I lol'd.

After seeing him in TDK, Harry Potter, JFK (And he's the scary clown in Since I Dont Have You), I'm getting into Gary Oldman. Any other films of his that I should see? I know that he's the doing the voice for one of the characters in the new Spyro movie. :lol: I lol'd.

Gary Oldman is the shit. I saw him in something great recently and have completely forgotten what it was. I am of little use here but I do love Gary Oldman.

The Firm

Meantime

Sid & Nancy

Nil By Mouth (directed by)

Edit:

Hannibal, Leon & True Romance are also wonderful Oldman performances although he's not the star but they are pretty funky movies in and of themselves so they're worth a swing.

Edited by dirtylenny

He also has a small role as Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK. He's great at putting on different accents.

I may be showing my youth here, but in Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix, he's great when he comes in and gives it the 'Get away from my God-son!' then wallops Lucius Malfoy. Dat's bad ass :thumbsup:

He also has a small role as Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK. He's great at putting on different accents.

I may be showing my youth here, but in Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix, he's great when he comes in and gives it the 'Get away from my God-son!' then wallops Lucius Malfoy. Dat's bad ass :thumbsup:

Being the work of Mr Oldman i'm sure its routinely excellent but then also being of the opinion that wrapping my genitalia tightly in garrotte wire is preferable to sitting through a second of any Harry Potter movie i shall have to take you on your word.

On topic:

Recently watched:

Layer Cake

Goodbye Charlie Bright

Carry On Matron

I don't really get the HP hate train. Yeah, the first few books/films, but numbers 4 or 5 onwards could really go for most audiences.

I'm weird like that, i have this thing in me that...makes me violently sick and wretch and freak out at the mention of all that sword and sorcery bullshit, i dunno why. I'm like that with a lot of Sci Fi too. I guess I, by and large, like...i dunno, social realism? Does that sound pretentious, it does, doesn't it? No but, you know what i mean, its at least gotta be people doing people shit. I dunno, i'm not really sure i can put it into words. I liked Terminator, Total Recall, Preadator etc as a kid so i'm not totally adverse to it but...like, OK, Aliens, what the fuck is that about? Star Trek, Star Wars, i literally can't sit through, its so fucking boring to me that i can't follow the storyline.

I like certain movies that romanticise reality, like Westerns, Romantic flicks stuff like that so i dunno what it is about all that lazers and tazers, goblins and leprechauns shit that just makes my end shrivel. I dunno, whoosnever, whatsnever, thats what i say :huh:

Being the work of Mr Oldman i'm sure its routinely excellent but then also being of the opinion that wrapping my genitalia tightly in garrotte wire is preferable to sitting through a second of any Harry Potter movie i shall have to take you on your word.

On topic:

Recently watched:

Layer Cake

Goodbye Charlie Bright

Carry On Matron

how did you find goodbye charlie bright, the end scene with live forever played in the background the best bit for me

I don't really get the HP hate train. Yeah, the first few books/films, but numbers 4 or 5 onwards could really go for most audiences.

I'm weird like that, i have this thing in me that...makes me violently sick and wretch and freak out at the mention of all that sword and sorcery bullshit, i dunno why. I'm like that with a lot of Sci Fi too. I guess I, by and large, like...i dunno, social realism? Does that sound pretentious, it does, doesn't it? No but, you know what i mean, its at least gotta be people doing people shit. I dunno, i'm not really sure i can put it into words. I liked Terminator, Total Recall, Preadator etc as a kid so i'm not totally adverse to it but...like, OK, Aliens, what the fuck is that about? Star Trek, Star Wars, i literally can't sit through, its so fucking boring to me that i can't follow the storyline.

I like certain movies that romanticise reality, like Westerns, Romantic flicks stuff like that so i dunno what it is about all that lazers and tazers, goblins and leprechauns shit that just makes my end shrivel. I dunno, whoosnever, whatsnever, thats what i say :huh:

Yeah I know what you mean. HP is literally, the ONLY set of films like that that I'm into. LOTR, Matrix, Star Trek, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Transformers, I just do not like. Even if you don't like the films, I'd seriously recommend reading the HP series, just for the great plot twists, imagery, and for all of book 7.

On topic:

Recently watched:

Layer Cake

Goodbye Charlie Bright

Carry On Matron

how did you find goodbye charlie bright, the end scene with live forever played in the background the best bit for me

I thought it was really really REALLY seriously good :):) Thanks for the rec man, it was fucking cool. It was kinda filmed different, I really like the scenes that play out in the projects that they live in especially, the director really worked well within that space. My only problem is the morality of these movies but thats the same with these kindsa movies inside out and hey, maybe its a good thing. IT HAD FUCKING PHIL DANIELS IN IT!!!!!!!!!! I love that guy!

The best for me was "fuck off, midget!" :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean. HP is literally, the ONLY set of films like that that I'm into. LOTR, Matrix, Star Trek, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Transformers, I just do not like. Even if you don't like the films, I'd seriously recommend reading the HP series, just for the great plot twists, imagery, and for all of book 7.

Never say never cuz i've said never and looked a fuckin moron for it a few years down the trough but at this moment in my life it'd take a lot man, like a fucking Texas Ranger with a 12 guage to make me sit through one of those. But who knows man, maybe.

Edited by dirtylenny

Wait, are you lumping the Alien franchise in with the Star Wars/Trek? :angry: