Suggestions For The Forum

Guest Sweet Tooth

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
A section of banned members, in the members list. In case people wonder what's happened to a certain poster, who's not here anymore, to see whether they are banned or not.

I think thats a good idea. I've seen it on other forums, its a small section where banned members are listed with the reasons why they were banned. It would stop any 'why was so-and-so banned' threads.

There is no need for having a section containing the names of banned members with the reasons why they were banned.

The only reason why a member can get banned would be because the Member repetedly broke Forum rules.

It would simply be a waste of time and energy. We prefer to focus on more positive things.

That'd be interesting, to say the least. :lol:

But y'see, there's the problem there. That idea actually sounds FUN! Therefore the suggestion will get rejected on mygnr.

Ya they wont do it your right!

There is no need for having a section containing the names of banned members with the reasons why they were banned.

The only reason why a member can get banned would be because the Member repetedly broke Forum rules.

It would simply be a waste of time and energy. We prefer to focus on more positive things.

See told ya! lol, we here like to focus on positive things like Guns N' Roses, the band members etc...

jokes

How about a member of the month and year? Members of the month can be voted for within the last 3 days of a month in the poll section.

Candidates could be chosen by mods, and would have to meet certain standards which would be made by Eric or Madison.

The winner could have a special color added to their name (like supporters have their name green) for the next month. (i.e. winning January means you get your color for all of February)

Members of the year could be a little more extravagent since it is of course, the whole year.

Again, high standads made by Eric or Madison would have to be met. Poll for this one could go for a week since it needs more thought than members of the month. Members of the Year would also have a special colored name, along with other features (dont have any ideas on that yet). I think Members of the Year should have a permanant sign under their name that states Member of the Year 2008 or whatever year it is.

Just an idea.

How about a member of the month and year? Members of the month can be voted for within the last 3 days of a month in the poll section.

Candidates could be chosen by mods, and would have to meet certain standards which would be made by Eric or Madison.

The winner could have a special color added to their name (like supporters have their name green) for the next month. (i.e. winning January means you get your color for all of February)

Members of the year could be a little more extravagent since it is of course, the whole year.

Again, high standads made by Eric or Madison would have to be met. Poll for this one could go for a week since it needs more thought than members of the month. Members of the Year would also have a special colored name, along with other features (dont have any ideas on that yet). I think Members of the Year should have a permanant sign under their name that states Member of the Year 2008 or whatever year it is.

Just an idea.

I like that Idea.

Amazon and other sites with forums have it.

Good Idea.

which would be made by Eric or Madison.

Great idea except for that part. Now Eric is cool and all but I don't know how much of the forums he actually reads/contributes to, so I don't know how much knowlege he'd have of members, madisons ok but I think all of the mods should pick candidates.

And then it should come up as an anonymous poll where you can't post who you voted for, you can only vote.

which would be made by Eric or Madison.

Great idea except for that part. Now Eric is cool and all but I don't know how much of the forums he actually reads/contributes to, so I don't know how much knowlege he'd have of members, madisons ok but I think all of the mods should pick candidates.

And then it should come up as an anonymous poll where you can't post who you voted for, you can only vote.

Maybe you read it wrong (or the way I wrote it was weird) but what I meant was Eric and Madison would create the rules as to how a person can be chosen to be a candidate, and then the rest of the mods would pick the members as you stated.

Good point with the anonymous poll, I didnt even think about that. That could cause a lot of trouble that no one wants to deal with.

I hope Eric will do this because I am really into this idea!

Umm... Madison's not just "ok".

Fuck off, loser. She's easily the best moderator throughout the GN'R community.

This whole member of the month/year shit sounds like something that grade school kids would do. You guys want to play a game of cyber 'duck-duck-goose' while you're at it? :sleeper:

Edited by Incognito