The Rolling Stones

Randy Lahey

Moonlight Mile is possibly my favourite song of all time.

It gives me chills.

And even though Mick Taylor's era was perhaps there best musically, Ronnie Wood is the only one for the Stones.

duff21

I'd still rather have Taylor's playing. Ronnie's a cool guy but he could always go back to The Faces.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still rather have Taylor's playing. Ronnie's a cool guy but he could always go back to The Faces.

YES!

Bring back little Mick!

And reunite the Faces so Rod Stewart can finally sing some decent music again :P But they'd have to find a new bassist since Ronnie Lane has passed away R.I.P.

Those Stones videos reminded me of how much Steven Tyler has copied Mick Jagger.

I don't think Tyler copied Mick Jagger. Anyways Get Off My Cloud is an epic song! Possibly my favorite Stones song! :shades:

Watch this video. Tyler stole his whole wardrobe and stage moves from Mick.

Don't get me wrong though, I still like the 70's Steven Tyler.

What's funny is Jagger got his moves from watching Voodoo dancers on bad matinee B-movies from the late 50s.

I thought he stole his moves from Tina Turner and James Brown.

Exactly.

"It's nice to have a chick, now and then." Jagger at Altamount as Tina warms up the acid drunk crowd.

Stones and Beatles equally for me...

I prefer Rock bands to pop bands.

The Beatles is probably the best band of all time.

How do you figure?

The Beatles were great for how long? Maybe five years at the most.

The greatest band of alltime is U2. They have been the "biggest band in the world" or at least a close second, for over 20 years.

Whoah, whoah ,whoah.

U2 - best band of all time?

Hell No.

The Beatles were more earth shattering in their career than U2 ever were. U2 have been commercial but in terms of innovation they are nowhere close.

Achtung Baby maybe a classic album but there early albums were a bit weak. I have never really truly loved any U2 album but I keep buying them. I think a lot of people are doing this. They are safe rock show, the music is safe...I think GNR are better than U2. The Sex Pistols are better than U2.

The Stones have to be up there because they are a little underated but when people look back they have to reassess some of the lost albums.

Zeppelin - they got to have it. Seen how many bands cover Zepp? Hardly any cos it can't be done.

This is a job for SuperAxl.

Take down Nobody's Fault But Mine.

All the Beatles albums are amazing, whereas some bands like U2 1 or 2 are good.

This is a job for SuperAxl.

Take down Nobody's Fault But Mine.

Wasted, I think you and I are in total agreement that Nobody's Fault But Mine is begging for the cover treatment.

It has that later day progressive Zeppelin feel that Axl seems to be reaching for in the new material. Not only that, but the very title and subject matter "nobody's fault but mine" would throw a sardonic spin with Axl singing it.

The Blues is so derivative of All of My Love.

I've noticed that a lot of great covers come from not so great recordings of great songs. Like Mama Kin is a bit weak on the Aerosmith album. Raw Power is well known not that great on Iggy's album. No more Mr. Nice Guy is a bit weak.

It's a great song but it's not a song Zepp are known for like Kasmir.

It really fits GNR and obviously it somehow would cool for Axl to sing this one. It's perfect.

I know I'm right. I have no musical ability, never sung a note in my life and I'm telling the greatest front of all time what to sing.

I love my life!!!

Also,

Evil Walks by AC/DC

Also, that song by Talking Heads, Once in a Lifetime - this would so amazing live.

I'd like to take this chance to mention 19.12.1989 - Atlantic City.

One of my favorite concerts, with stellar performances of Sympathy, JJF, Satisfaction (probably the best live versions of these three) and a bunch of other greats, amazing setlist and everybody at their best .

Also, it's got that famous performance with Axl and Izzy on Salt Of The Earth.

Not as great visually as stuff from their later tours, but a great show nonetheless.

It's on the net in pro-shot, very good quality, so if you have the chance to get it, do so. You won't regret it.

Read a GREAT review of Shine A Light today.. Can't wait for another great film by the best band ever. :)

Oh cool!

I'm hoping to see it somewhere this weekend.

Preferrably in IMAX at some point...I have two IMAX theatres within driving distance,would love to see it in that format.

(this is the Stones second foray into the IMAX format).

I saw the first Stones foray into IMax cinema at the Sound and Light Museum in Bradford which is like the set of Terminator 2 with shops that only sell shell-suits and the only restaurants are Curry houses.

Oh, what I'd give for perserverance.

U2 3D and this Stones movie. Rock moves on to the year 3000.