AC/DC - Black Ice - New album in OCT 08 -

Teroz

So Black Ice is the name of the game and it will be out in October. The first single is Runaway train and it's out in august. So what are you guys expecting? AC/DC will deliver, IMO theres no doubt about that we'll have to see how good it will be.

There isnt a more honest band in the world. And Malcolm said that they will not relase anything if it's not up to par. He also said that it's gotta be perfect, so... It's gonna be goooooooood!

The line-up is the same, but there was a lot discussion about Phills status earlier on.

So Black Ice is the name of the game and it will be out in October. The first single is Runaway train and it's out in august. So what are you guys expecting? AC/DC will deliver, IMO theres no doubt about that we'll have to see how good it will be.

There isnt a more honest band in the world. And Malcolm said that they will not relase anything if it's not up to par. He also said that it's gotta be perfect, so... It's gonna be goooooooood!

The line-up is the same, but there was a lot discussion about Phills status earlier on.

So where the fuck did Fly On The Wall, Blow Up Your Video, and Ballbreaker come from? :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm pretty excited. I hope it's in the same vein as Stiff Upper Lip, the bluesy thing really worked well for AC/DC.

I don't get why people say AC/DC's stuff all sounds the same. Brian Johnson's AC/DC stuff sounds the same, Bon Scott's had loads of different things going on.

Probably because, surprisingly, people don't know AC/DC had two singers. :monkey:

And since the majority of AC/DC's albums and songs have Brian Johnson on vocals, all of those sound a lot a like. And Brian Johnson-AC/DC is the one people are most familiar with.

I don't get why people say AC/DC's stuff all sounds the same. Brian Johnson's AC/DC stuff sounds the same, Bon Scott's had loads of different things going on.

Angus even said the albums sound the same. At least I think it was Angus.

Myself, I'd appreciate a bit more variety. I really like a bunch of their songs, but I tire of AC/DC quite easily.

Angus even said the albums sound the same. At least I think it was Angus.

Myself, I'd appreciate a bit more variety. I really like a bunch of their songs, but I tire of AC/DC quite easily.

I can't listen to them for too long at a time, and I have to be in the mood for it. They're kind of like the "sweets" of music for me--they taste good, but eat too much and you get queasy.

Edited by AxlsAngel

Guest knerken
Before becoming aquainted with Gn'R, I used to listen to AC/DC for probably around 12 hours a day, sometimes more.

Hence the nick I presume.

Can't say I look so much forward to this album as I would have done two years ago, but still. Could be fun. And a tour.

Edited by knerken

I'm just ready for the tour. Wonder when that'll start.

Nov-Dec this year is the plan at the moment and rumours suggest that US leg is the first in line, but I'm sure that we'll get more info soon.

Anyway - Malcolm wasn't talking about the past when he said that "they will not release anything if it isnt up to par".. He was talking about this album and I trust him. Stiff upper lip is one of my favs with the whole Blues wibe, so if this could actually top that album it would be really great.

Alot of AC/DCs material sounds the same, but thats the point. They do what they love, they sound how they like. And I love the fact that they have NEVER sold out: no hair metal, no make-up, no greatest hits albums... Even when their popularity went down in the 80ties, they just did what they knew and didnt try to follow the market and boy oh boy it has paid off.

Every straight man oughta love AC/DC, or if they don't you can question the straight part...