Nickelback annoyance

Marky

I saw Nickelback support Bon Jovi at Milton Keynes in 2006, it was supposed to be the first gig at the new Wembley, but the builders still had their fingers up their arses at their moment. They're a great live band, very good at interaction with the crowd.

But they are such a bunch of sell outs :angry:

Edited by markyboy101

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And apart from that...every time I turn the radio on all I hear are bands that sound like Nickleback.

It's like every fucking label tripped over each other trying to sign sound-alike bands.

Exactly! I avoid certain stations I used to now just because they overplay those types of bands

And apart from that...every time I turn the radio on all I hear are bands that sound like Nickleback.

It's like every fucking label tripped over each other trying to sign sound-alike bands.

Now that's a Nickleback annoyance!

Well, that happened in most decades of popular music, with the sound a-like band signing. But yes...as decades past those sounds a-likes just got worse and worse. It's utterly dreadful listening to the radio, hearing songs that you can't tell apart and hearing them over and over again all day.

According to a report, Nickelback will reportedly work with legendary producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange on the band's sixth studio album. Lange is best known for producing the classic AC/DC albums Highway to Hell and Back in Black, as well as Def Leppard's landmark efforts Pyromania and Hysteria. In recent years he has produced albums by country superstar and wife Shania Twain. The extremely reclusive Lange made the news in May when it was announced that he and Twain were separating after 15 years of marriage.

Lange also produced For Those About to Rock, We Salute You for AC/DC, as well as High 'n' Dry and Adrenalize for Def Leppard.

He has also produced Bryan Adams, the Cars, Foreigner and many others.

There's no word on when Nickelback plans to begin recording or release its next CD. The new album will follow up 2005's All The Right Reasons, which has sold nearly seven million copies in the U.S.

Rumors have surfaced recently that the Canadian quartet have been attempting to renegotiate their contract with Warner Music Group, with one report suggesting that the band may sign a lucrative new deal with Live Nation.

Lange is best known for producing the classic AC/DC albums Highway to Hell and Back in Black, as well as Def Leppard's landmark efforts Pyromania and Hysteria.

Lange also produced For Those About to Rock, We Salute You for AC/DC, as well as High 'n' Dry and Adrenalize for Def Leppard.

He has also produced Bryan Adams, the Cars, Foreigner and many others.

I didn't think he did Adrenalize, you're probally right, I was thinking Def Leppard themselves produced it.

As for Bryan Adams, Mutt produced his Reckless album and made Bryan a superstar at the time.

Ironically, I read AC/DC actually recorded their new CD, Black Ice at Bryan Adam's

recording studio...go figure.....There will probally be songs on it that will definitely "Cut Like A Knife".

Now I like Nickelback, they've the ability to write a good tune now and then, Its a shame that the ones that are better than your 'How You Remind Me', 'Rockstar', and 'Photgraph' never get as popular. Im talking about songs like 'Feeling way too damn good', 'Too bad', 'Shouldve Listened'.

But this is not my point.

My point is that, some 2 or 3 years ago, Nickelback released their latest album and the 1st single 'Photograph'. Then they released a couple other singles and 'Rockstar'. That was just a radio single and to be honest, noone really cared for it. Then some smart alec decided to do a video and re-release, and every n00b out there is giving it '0h teh new n1ckelbak song is gr8!! ima get th noo album!!!'.

ITS NOT A NEW SONG OR ALBUM!

The album was remarketed as 'the brand new album from Nickelback'

Now theyve rereleased 'Photograph' and everyone seems to think that its an amazing song with nothing before like it!

:rolleyes:

Do these people not have memories?

I used to like Nickelback but have finally realised that theyre becoming sellouts.

Did you really say that Too Bad is a good song? It might be the worst rock song of the year.

Breathe - that's a GOOD song. Back when Nickleback were actually a real rock band.

How You Remind Me was a really catchy rock song.

My problem with Nickleback is that each album will have 1-2 catchy songs, but ONE - they have the worst lyrics in rock music, hands down. And two, 75% of their songs sound exactly the same. Their next album will ahve three songs that sounds exactly like whatever the three most popular songs were on their last album.

How You Remind Me was the worst thing that happened to this band. Because it vaulted them from a cool rock band, to a band that now has to produce "hits."

Same thing happened to Def Leppard. They went from being a kick-ass rock band to a band desporate to produce hits. Conversely, they went from being one of the top rock bands in the world, to being a band that toured with Bryan Adams.

As for Bryan Adams, Mutt produced his Reckless album and made Bryan a superstar at the time.

Ironically, I read AC/DC actually recorded their new CD, Black Ice at Bryan Adam's

recording studio...go figure.....There will probally be songs on it that will definitely "Cut Like A Knife".

nah,he produced Waking up the Neighbours,no wonder that CD is the best album Def Leppard made in the 90's :D

Now I like Nickelback, they've the ability to write a good tune now and then, Its a shame that the ones that are better than your 'How You Remind Me', 'Rockstar', and 'Photgraph' never get as popular. Im talking about songs like 'Feeling way too damn good', 'Too bad', 'Shouldve Listened'.

But this is not my point.

My point is that, some 2 or 3 years ago, Nickelback released their latest album and the 1st single 'Photograph'. Then they released a couple other singles and 'Rockstar'. That was just a radio single and to be honest, noone really cared for it. Then some smart alec decided to do a video and re-release, and every n00b out there is giving it '0h teh new n1ckelbak song is gr8!! ima get th noo album!!!'.

ITS NOT A NEW SONG OR ALBUM!

The album was remarketed as 'the brand new album from Nickelback'

Now theyve rereleased 'Photograph' and everyone seems to think that its an amazing song with nothing before like it!

:rolleyes:

Do these people not have memories?

I used to like Nickelback but have finally realised that theyre becoming sellouts.

I kind of liked "Too Bad" in 2001, but I really could never stand them since. I heard their lead singer is a cocky asshole too.

Fuck 'em, they'll never get into the RR Hall of Fame anyway.

Maybe if their musical chops even began to approach the level of success they've achieved, or their stratospheric egos, I would be a lot less bitter :).

It's doubly worse here in Vancouver; the radio DJs fucking salivate to get on their dicks whenever they come here because they're Canadian and record albums in town. Nickelback and VR played shows within days of eachother and they had DJs saying they'd never been rocked harder than at the Nickelback show -- I don't think they even mentioned VR. Never been rocked harder than at a fucking Nickelback show -- what a ridiculous state of affairs for rock as a genre.

What's the name of their lead guitarist anyway?

Edited by Ant

Maybe if their musical chops even began to approach the level of success they've achieved, or their stratospheric egos, I would be a lot less bitter :).

It's doubly worse here in Vancouver; the radio DJs fucking salivate to get on their dicks whenever they come here because they're Canadian and record albums in town. Nickelback and VR played shows within days of eachother and they had DJs saying they'd never been rocked harder than at the Nickelback show -- I don't think they even mentioned VR. Never been rocked harder than at a fucking Nickelback show -- what a ridiculous state of affairs for rock as a genre.

What's the name of their lead guitarist anyway?

Ryan Peake