Metallica Death Magnetic

JD GNR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm downloading just to give it a listen. there will probably be proper mp3 @ 320 torrents within the week. I already preordered the cd anyway.

Bet that french record store is in some shit now. Why in the world would Universal allow the cd's to be shipped out so early?

i'm downloading just to give it a listen. there will probably be proper mp3 @ 320 torrents within the week. I already preordered the cd anyway.

Bet that french record store is in some shit now. Why in the world would Universal allow the cd's to be shipped out so early?

They always do it, to make sure everyone has them for release day, I know a local store owner here will give me what I want early if he has it

Gunsguy

I think in the future, if i was one of the decision makers @ Universal I'd pay a little extra to just express ship em out a few days prior to release, no more than a week.

Scratch that, if I was one of the decision makers, I'd recommend making albums available as legal downloads (that you pay for!) the same day cd's are shipped out to retailers and/or media.

I think in the future, if i was one of the decision makers @ Universal I'd pay a little extra to just express ship em out a few days prior to release, no more than a week.

Scratch that, if I was one of the decision makers, I'd recommend making albums available as legal downloads (that you pay for!) the same day cd's are shipped out to retailers and/or media.

dude relax if its as good as people are saying(havent heard it yet) then it will sell, they know it, I know it and you should know that too.

Good albums sell

Gunsguy

I was pretty much just talking about how the industry should go about trying to counter leaks. I agree, good music will sell, but just not as well as it used to. I don't see ANY albums selling 10 million copies in a year these days, do you?

Just got done listening to That Was Just Your Life, and Metallica is back, atleast on that song.

Edited by tat2d1

I am very excited about this album.

On something completely off topic, Gunsguy, I thought you left. Good to have you back.

This album is killer cant wait to get the cd and hear it the way it is supposed to be

this is Metallica

off topic I think you are refering to a thread from 2 years ago someone bumped, I have been back for a long time m8t! nice to see you!

Gunsguy

This album is the textbook definition of how you make a throwback sounding album your fans and the rock community have been craving while still keeping things fresh and current.

The reviews I have read so far have truly been outstanding, which speaks volumes considering how perpared the media and some fans were to write this album off. They put themselves out on the limb when they built expectations sky high by talking about making an album designed to sound like those that are the Holy Grail of Metallica albums, and it appears they pulled it off.

The group around this board that love to mock what they call the "Mulletheads" who wish GNR sounded a little more like GNR sometimes should take note of the reaction this album is getting compared to Metallica's previous attempts at reinventing their sound as the current GNR incarnation has tried to do.

A modern sounding Appetite inspired album with Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy in the vein of what Metallica tried to do would be welcomed as the second coming, as Death Magnetic shows there is a market for a modern retro rock sound like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0M0ru2p3Lg

The Unfogriven III. It will only be up for a few hours the guy who posted it said. Kirk is totally the man.

:sleeper:

They should have left this song alone since the Blck album. Ungorgive2 was more than enough.

this one sucks.

The group around this board that love to mock what they call the "Mulletheads" who wish GNR sounded a little more like GNR sometimes should take note of the reaction this album is getting compared to Metallica's previous attempts at reinventing their sound as the current GNR incarnation has tried to do.

A modern sounding Appetite inspired album with Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy in the vein of what Metallica tried to do would be welcomed as the second coming, as Death Magnetic shows there is a market for a modern retro rock sound like that.

just an uninspired crap they have done 20 years ago. Every one knows this is just an attempt of pleasing the Mullets after the shit they got from St.Hanger record.