Just saw Body of Lies

Body of lies is not released til the 21st of nov in the uk, pain in the ass!

im guessing the song fades out after the 1st verse then kaneda? would make sense as thats the sort of axl voice that everyone recognises instantly.

When a bootleg hits the net, you should know that bootleggers never include end credits. So downloading the film just to hear the song will be pointless. You'll have to wait for an R5 or DVDRip - or, you know, pay to go see it. :rolleyes:

The thought of bootlegging it never came to mind. Ridley Scott is pretty good, and Crowe and Cappuccino are good too. I am sure it will be worth the 10 bucks.

Could Body Of Lies lead to the 1st GN'R video in ages - If The World using scenes from the movie like they did from T2? Makes me wonder. That would be fucking awesome. Remember - this is speculation, not a rumor people. :shrugs:

Edited by Madman2267

When a bootleg hits the net, you should know that bootleggers never include end credits. So downloading the film just to hear the song will be pointless. You'll have to wait for an R5 or DVDRip - or, you know, pay to go see it. :rolleyes:

The thought of bootlegging it never came to mind. Ridley Scott is pretty good, and Crowe and Cappuccino are good too. I am sure it will be worth the 10 bucks.

I was referring to the people who had been posting links to (supposed) bootleg torrents (which were fake anyway). Their posts were all deleted after I wrote that.

90 sec clip of a new GNR song at the end of a movie, little promotion that is in fact GNR. Wow, when do the riots begin? It's not even on the fucking soundtrack.

Personally, I'm not happy with the promotion of Shackler's and ITW. They seem have been put on to these mediums in too low key of a way.

Hopefully when Chinese Democracy drops, the mainstream has a fair shot at knowing about it.

Edited by useyourintrusions

90 clip of a new GNR song at the end of a movie, little promotion that is in fact GNR. Wow, when do the riots begin?

Personally, I'm not happy with the promotion of Shackler's and ITW. They seem have been put on to these mediums in too low key of a way.

Hopefully when Chinese Democracy drops, the mainstream has a fair shot at knowing about it.

It is sort of odd that Axl hasn't even mentioned If The World and Body Of Lies on his site. I feel like Don King on steroids right now. I'm going to explode if GNR doesn't start promoting If The World, soon.

Edited by Randy Lahey

90 clip of a new GNR song at the end of a movie, little promotion that is in fact GNR. Wow, when do the riots begin?

It is sort of odd that Axl hasbn't even mentioned If The World and Body Of Lies on his site. I feel like Don King on steroids right now. I'm going to explode if GNR doesn't start promoting If The World, soon.

I hear ya man. I guess we assumed when CD was finally coming out, it would be the biggest thing in music. Two singles off the album out now in the mainstream, and you don't hardly hear anything about it.

Not what I would have imagined. I would think putting these singles on Itunes would have been a good move, I guess not.

I've always assumed that when stuff finally started to come out, they would really step it up with promotion, but so far, they've done nothing. I know it's a bit too early for everything to sink in, until the album comes out, but it's not looking like they're gonna promote it too hard. Hopefully Best Buy will really pick up the slack and push it into overdrive...

I've always assumed that when stuff finally started to come out, they would really step it up with promotion, but so far, they've done nothing. I know it's a bit too early for everything to sink in, until the album comes out, but it's not looking like they're gonna promote it too hard. Hopefully Best Buy will really pick up the slack and push it into overdrive...

Yeah, but the stuff really hasn't come out yet. Like you said, it's a bit too early to make that assessment. Wait for the album to be officially slated for release and then judge the promotion or lack thereof. "If The World" is partially played in the film and isn't on the soundtrack of the film. It's really a true release of the finished version of the song.

Ali

It is sort of odd that Axl hasbn't even mentioned If The World and Body Of Lies on his site. I feel like Don King on steroids right now. I'm going to explode if GNR doesn't start promoting If The World, soon.

GNR's marketing strategy is a big ? to me. And I'm seriously beginning to doubt If The World is THAT hungry for CD/GNR. I hope they will blow everyone away, but signs since SR and ITW don't look that good. They really need a hit single, a BIG hit single.

GNR's marketing strategy is a big ? to me. And I'm seriously beginning to doubt If The World is THAT hungry for CD/GNR. I hope they will blow everyone away, but signs since SR and ITW don't look that good. They really need a hit single, a BIG hit single.

your absolutely right, but I don't think they have one. I know everyone is kinda hoping that they have one huge gun somehwere that is going to be a top 10 hit single, but I don't think they do, they would have used it by now, and I think that's one of the main reasons CD got delayed so many times, the record company has been waiting for at least one awesome single, and they aren't getting it (NO, SR. ITW, Better, TWAT, CD, The Blues, and IRS aren't even close)

your absolutely right, but I don't think they have one. I know everyone is kinda hoping that they have one huge gun somehwere that is going to be a top 10 hit single, but I don't think they do, they would have used it by now, and I think that's one of the main reasons CD got delayed so many times, the record company has been waiting for at least one awesome single, and they aren't getting it (NO, SR. ITW, Better, TWAT, CD, The Blues, and IRS aren't even close)

They have one. It's called No Love Remains.

Why don't they officially RELEASE BETTER!???

This IS annoying. And why don't they use the Dr. Pepper to their benefit. Put that sh!t on the boxes or cans, ppl that drink it won't care what's on it...

I dont get it. These old Managers are supposed to be pros in the game..A pro at this point would use every means necessary to get the sh!t out there, especially ones that approached THEM like Dr. Pepper.

And as old as they are, they do know how important communicating with their fans are...and how important the internet is...i.e. a website update?

Absolutely pathetic so far, promotion wise.

They have one. It's called No Love Remains.

I hope its true but how do you know? and where is it?

when does the new version of 'If The World" leak ???

How can it leak if it is on an official medium such as a film?

Anyway, people are complaining about the lack of promotion for SR and ITW, how do you promote a song being used on a film? Its not on the soundtrack so why would you want to promote it? The songs ARE promotion! SR is just a throw away song being used to drum up some interest in GNR, ITW is being used for the same thing, you wouldn't make a commercial, then make another commercial to advertise your first commercial would you?

I was referring to the people who had been posting links to (supposed) bootleg torrents (which were fake anyway). Their posts were all deleted after I wrote that.

oh, coo.

on topic, it is kinda wierd how this stuff is coming but noone is talking about it.