Just saw Body of Lies

Hearing If the World in the movie helped ease me into CD. I had forgotten about GNR. Coming of age in the era of alternative, I always sort of dismissed GNR. I got into music around 92/93. I didn't follow the CD saga, hand't heard any of the leaks. Fargo Rock City started changing my perception of Axl. I was intriqued by Klosterman's CD review. I watched BOL, heard ITW, thought it sounded interesting, modern. My youthful image bias had waned so I thought I'll give this thing a shot. I didn't care for the movie, but it was a factor in steering me toward the light (or maybe the darkness?).

How many pages did you go back to necropost?

• Like 1

Saw this in the theater, loved the movie and was surprised by that end credits song. I did find it an odd choice, IRS imo would have suited the movie better.

The best end titles track they did was Interview with the vampire's "Sympathy for the Devil", there was even a philosophy behind it, as during a q&a session I attended with composer Elliot Goldenthal he said that his own music is like a trip through musical history and it made sense to lead up to a contemporary band.

Saw this movie in the theater for the actual movie and had completely forgotten about the song. Then the song starts playing and I'm thinking "Is this Axl? Oh yeah, this is that movie he's doing the song for. Well, sounds shit, time to bail". Shows how interested I was, really. Because I was that cool long before everyone else started to realize the same thing on here.

I was waiting the whole movie to hear the song. When it came on nobody noticed. I was blocking the line trying to listen. Then it finished and I got bundled out by security.

I think it punctuated the end of the movie well. That's what was cool about it, no full leak and it worked how Scott used it.

I was waiting the whole movie to hear the song. When it came on nobody noticed. I was blocking the line trying to listen. Then it finished and I got bundled out by security.

I think it punctuated the end of the movie well. That's what was cool about it, no full leak and it worked how Scott used it.

That's awesome. I really liked the movie. Crow was such a cunt. Leo is a movie star, and he delivered. Kinda reminded me of that other movie he did blood diamond?

Anyway, in my head, I'm picturing you fighting with like 4 security guys all packing mace and threatening you with it and you're trying to tell them "but you don't understand, DON'T TOUCH ME! ROUND 1! ROUND ONE MOTHERFUCKERS!"