Just saw Body of Lies

wow that guy is an idiot! SR and if the world are not singles! they are just teasers for the real singles that we, hopefully havn't even heard yet.

people like to dream. :rolleyes:

you're getting your hopes real high and thats not good for you.

Well sorry to disappoint YOU. But Madagascar, Better, CD, The Blues, Better are all better then these 2 songs and that's without hearing the rest of the album. These 2 songs are nice little experimental songs, GNR had tons of experimental songs on the Illusions.

Shackler's Revenge is rather mediocre IMO. I actually liked it less the more I listened to it, which is the opposite of all the other tracks. It's a good listen since it's short and all, but it's hardly something I'd list as a lead single, so hopefully its inclusion in the game was a one-off.

If the World, on the other hand, is fantastic. But a lot of people won't like it for many reasons, not least of all because it's one of the most "unusual" new tracks in comparison to their typical style.

If The World is the song that people who don't like Guns N' Roses will like.

Actually it's the exact opposite

I doubt that.

No one that I know likes the song. They all say Axl's voice sounds terrible.

Well the version we have isn't all that great, its a VERY raw recording, but decent quality.

I just saw he movie, verbose as most Scott movies are are, but i was good. I would have liked the song to kick in a bit earlier, but it was cool to hear it in stereo.

I am bit flummoxed as to why there is no mention of this on the site. I am beginning to think he just doesnt give a shit, or just an enigma.

I doubt that.

Well perhaps you don't know the right people.

I thought the movie was really, really awesome. Really smart and tense. Loved Leo and Russell Crowe. It was great hearing the song, the quality was amazing, but it was a pretty bad cut n'paste job, jumping from chorus to one line from verse then to chorus again. I did love how it actually started toward the end of the movie and was the background music for the last scene. That was awesome. my cell phone was accidentally turned on :shocked:

Edited by TiedHands

I doubt that.

No it's everyone on the internet that doesn't read this board too

I doubt that.

I agree with his friends.. his voice is too high pitch.. it will annoy the majority of people. I don't know why he is singing like that.. if he sings in a lower normal pitch voice, it would be enjoyed by everyone because the song is good, but the voice can be annoying.. there's NO WAY i would play this song in my car with my windows down.. heh

I doubt that.

Yeh it made me cringe a little in the cinema cause it was so damn loud.

I doubt that.

Yeh it made me cringe a little in the cinema cause it was so damn loud.

+1

You guys are too funny lol. It's a Led Zeppelin vibe, vocally.

Like really have you guys listened to many GNR songs? How many songs does AXL just RIP the high pitched flaseto vocals in some songs and just belted it. Especially on the Illusions albums, there are songs he sings you just have to step back and go wow.

Edited by Rios

I've spoken to a few people outside of the forum, now, and none of them liked the song. :shrugs:

I dunno... I still think it's really good.

I think the opening vocals are what kills it. It is the helium voice that seems to kills the song, once you get past it and he gets to the rasp it is great. I just cant imagine being in the studio and Axl saying "yeah, thats good" but I guess he does.

I've spoken to a few people outside of the forum, now, and none of them liked the song. :shrugs:

Did these people hear the studio version?

STOP JUDGING DEMOS PEOPLE, PLEASE.

Um, I'm talking about people who've seen the film. :tongue2:

A few people were indifferent, a few people outright disliked it. Nobody I've spoken to yet personally has actually liked it. Of course, a few people didn't even really notice it because they weren't GN'R fans and didn't care. Kinda like how you wouldn't necessarily notice a song at the end of a movie unless it's a group/artist you're familiar with.

I played some of the demos for some people, and If The World is the one that they liked most. I guess everyone is a bit different. Better and Madagascar are a couple of my favorites, and I really dig If The World. Other GN'R fans love Catcher In The Rye and song # 2, which are two of my least favorite.