Just saw Body of Lies

Sat through 2 hours of a fairly good movie and hear, get this, only a minute and a half of If The World. It was short but sweet. The song comes at the way end of the movie and it's very cool the way Axl's voice just appears right when the directors name Ridley Scott appears. It was awesome hearing Axl's voice again in public, especially on a new track.

Out of all the leaks, this one had me a little worried. Axl sounds much better on the final mix and the song wraps around his voice a lot better now. I think that's the main issue I had with the leak was it all seemed flat and Axl's voice just seemed drop on top of the music. Now it all blends together much nicer. I don't pretend to be a sound engineer but clearly a lot can be adjusted to drastically change how a song sounds.

I wish the song would have played longer because I didn't get a chance to hear any of the guitar solos or how the "la la la" goes in the final mix. Overall, I think this album is going to be exactly what Axl promised, a GNR album that has something for everyone. I am glad Axl is experimenting with new sounds and this album is going to be so refreshing. It takes a brilliant song writer to have a song like If THe World sitting next to a song like Better....I think when we view this album holistically, it's all going to make sense and be so rewarding.

A final note. Judging the tracks by the leaks is a mistake. I know it's all we got at times, but it's like viewing a painting before it's complete. I just can't wait to hear the final versions of the songs we know (PROSTITUTE IS GONNA ROCK) along with a bunch of brand new songs. I am a fan of If The World...Keep em coming Axl!

Interesting - I actually kinda expected them to cut the solo, as songs often get truncated when they're played over the end credits with other tunes.

Anyway, glad to hear that this end credits version "sounds" great, even if it's incomplete.

Edited by EccoTides

How was the new intro? - It sounded similar, maybe a little more drums.

How many people stayed and listened to it? - Everyone because it starts playing during the movie.

Did you hear anyone comment on it? - I was sitting with a bunch of stuffy new yorkers.

Did it end in any special way or just fade out? It just faded out.

A minute and a half...

How many people stayed and listened to it? - Everyone because it starts playing during the movie.

Did you hear anyone comment on it? - I was sitting with a bunch of stuffy new yorkers.

A minute and a half...

Awesome...this is promising...it actually happened! haha

Now for the cd...

That is also awesome that it starts during the end of the movie, so everyone will probably hear some of it.

Edited by CoBrA2168

How many people stayed and listened to it? - Everyone because it starts playing during the movie. Did you hear anyone comment on it? - I was sitting with a bunch of stuffy new yorkers.

A minute and a half...

That's so cool.

@EstrangedReality:

For the record, Body of Lies isn't getting *bad reviews*, just very few people have seen/reviewed the film yet. (I assume you are going off the Tomato-Meter?)

I've read a lot of reviews that praise the film and well, it's Ridley Scott and (The Departed writer) Bill Monaghan. Can't be bad.

Also Kingdom of Heaven as a theatrical release was crap, however I suggest you see the Directors Cut. It adds 50 minutes to the movie,

which really brings out the original promise and premise of the film. It's like if Chinese Democracy had to only be 5 tracks. It'd be incomplete. Same with KOH.

I can't believe that there's no promotion around this!

I mean, the first GN'R song to be available to a large public and it gets no publicity.

I don't understand the marketing strategy at all, if there's one!

Thanks Kaneda for the review !

Edited by Montrealer

I mean, the first GN'R song to be available to a large public and it gets no publicity.

GNR works in mysterious ways. Questions are the answers that you might need.

My thoughts exactly. Things are just too...weird, right now. I cant believe theres been nothing on Shackler's Revenge since it's release, nothing about If The World, and most importantly, NOTHING about the supposed 11/25 release date that has been mentioned, well, everywhere.

Wheres the promotion?! Hope we hear something, gulp, soon.

Edited by sofine11

If the movie was that Kiera Knightly period drama I don't think I could sit through it, I might pay for the movie then wait til it was almost over to go in a check it out.

I'd want to see Body of Lies anyway. Anything that has a gun metal grey color scheme I have to see it.