ER Helps You Through the 'Chinese Democracy' Wait...

Estranged Reality

does anyone want to recommend some good indie? anything thats actually good, not just popular. i don't know any, and i want to check some out and see if i like any. a couple songs on the new scott weiland album have this lofty indie feel and i want to see if i like other stuff. yeah the weiland album leaked.

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes. You'll love it if you're into beautiful vocal harmonies âla The Beach Boys and Mamas & the Papas.

I saw Fleet Foxes two days ago. They were great :D A friend had a spare ticket, so I bought it off him.

I need to check their music out though, because I knew pretty much nothing about them before I went, apart from the fact they're from Seattle and one of the record labels they're signed up to is Sub Pop.

Aw, you lucky bastard! What songs did they play?

Here's a list of most of the songs that were played - Mykonos, Your Protector, Sun It Rises, Blue Ridge Mountains, Ragged Wood, White Winter Hymnal, English House, He Doesn’t Know Why, Drops In The River.

I got these song titles from a site reviewing the show, because I haven't yet listened to their album or EPs, so as of yet I only know a couple of song titles. I only listened to one song before the show, and that was on my friend's iPod, whilst waiting at the bus stop to get to the show. I'll be sure to listen to their discography very soon though! I'll have to borrow the music from him, and later buy it.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been into Chris Cornell's Euphoria Morning...it's far removed from Soundgarden, but it's quite good. Any CC fans need to hear it. Blows away the current crap he's doing by FAR.

i saw him live when carry on was coming out and he played a few songs off of euphoria morning. euphoria has some good songs, but as a whole the album isn't great, just good. carry on could have been better with better production (vocals are way too loud, drums are too quiet) and better musicianship. the guitarist sucked. some of the songs are just overall poor, but most is at the same level as euphoria. scream is going to be a terrible album, besides the hidden track (forget the title), which is like a slow rock ballad. that song sounds very cool though.

ER, are Frightened Rabbit worth checking out? What about Red House Painters?

Frightened Rabbit I haven't heard too much of, but Red House Painters are pretty amazing. You have to be in kind of a lonely mood to really appreciate it, though.

I forgot to post an album here yesterday... I'll have to play catch up.

No mention of Kasabian's eponymous debut? Oh, E_R - my uterus was ripe and now it's wheezy.

I saw 'em live at the BDO last year (or was it the year before... I forget). Anyway, I rock.

I saw them open for Oasis a while back and it was pretty good, but I thought they broke up or something? What happened there?

Edited by Ant

I'm currently stuck on listening to Black Ice. :tongue2:

Personally I have no problem waiting for two weeks.

I don't wanna hear leaks,don't wanna see booklets...nothing.

It's a great idea though...and Lust For Life was an excellent choice!

Which reminds me...an old friend recently sent me photos from my first Iggy gig in '82.

I should throw them on here some time.

(ffrank would be happy!) :lol:

Which reminds me...an old friend recently sent me photos from my first Iggy gig in '82.

You actually bought that album? It's dreadful other than the first single.

Special edition with extended booklet.

I'm diggin it...but I'll admit it's a few songs too long.

Special edition with extended booklet.

I'm diggin it...but I'll admit it's a few songs too long.

I downloaded it but I didn't like it, other than Rock N' Roll Train. A good chorus is what makes or breaks an AC/DC song since the guitar parts are all recycled or refried anyway, and I didn't find the other songs to have very strong choruses. I didn't mind Anything Goes though. It reminded me of John Fogerty.

I'm choked that I wasn't able to get tickets for the Van show but that's life. I'm going to Metallica and NIN the next week so I can't be too mad. Truth be told, I wanted the AC/DC ticket stub more than I wanted to see AC/DC.

Speaking of McCartney...

The Fireman - Electric Arguments (November 7)

1836757.jpg

Comments: The Fireman is an electronica/ambient experiment begun by Paul McCartney and Youth a few years ago. I haven't heard their other two albums (I believe they started out in 1996), but Electric Arguments is one of the best of the year and also one of the most surprising. "Nothing Too Much Just Out Of Sight" is probably the best thing McCartney's done in years - it's nice to hear him properly screaming again. This is exciting stuff - and obscure enough that it allows McCartney to work a bit outside of his comfort zone, which honestly sees him firing on every level. Pretty cool stuff. Didn't Youth work on Chinese Democracy as a producer for a while?

Sample: Nothing Too Much Just Out of Sight

Edited by Estranged Reality

Please do :)

Not great pics....taken by really drunk people with lousy cameras.

I was second row centre.

iggy2ji8.jpg

iggy1ko7.jpg

iggy5pp0.jpg

iggy3xe8.jpg

...there's more,but they pretty much look like these.

Edited by zint61

Please do :)

Not great pics....taken by really drunk people with lousy cameras.

I was second row centre.

iggy2ji8.jpg

iggy1ko7.jpg

iggy5pp0.jpg

iggy3xe8.jpg

...there's more,but they pretty much look like these.

Pretty sweet! Thanks for posting those.

Speaking of McCartney...

The Fireman - Electric Arguments (November 7)

1836757.jpg

Comments: The Fireman is an electronica/ambient experiment begun by Paul McCartney and Youth a few years ago. I haven't heard their other two albums (I believe they started out in 1996), but Electric Arguments is one of the best of the year and also one of the most surprising. "Nothing Too Much Just Out Of Sight" is probably the best thing McCartney's done in years - it's nice to hear him properly screaming again. This is exciting stuff - and obscure enough that it allows McCartney to work a bit outside of his comfort zone, which honestly sees him firing on every level. Pretty cool stuff. Didn't Youth work on Chinese Democracy as a producer for a while?

Sample: Nothing Too Much Just Out of Sight

I'm kinda skeptical to electronica. Worth checking out for someone who only listens to electronica to a certain degree?