The Misfits on "Chinese Democracy"

yourolympichero

http://www2.islandpacket.com/theguide/misfits1205

So as a part of one iconic band, what does Only think of the much-discussed exploits of Guns N’ Roses, a band that has covered Misfits songs in the past? Guns N’ Roses this month released “Chinese Democracy” after years of anticipation.

“I don’t buy the hype. I could give a (blank),” he said, adding that any band that takes that long to put out an album is just out for money. The Misfits’ 1983 album, “Earth A.D.,” for example, was recorded in about six hours, Only said. “I’m out there playing and taking it to the kids every day,” he said. “We’re out there beating the streets and making it real.”

Edited by yourolympichero

This is not the Misfits. Even the scab singer is gone. Now it is Jerry Only and a whole lotta scabs.

Exactly... Danzig was the Misfits. Keep beating the streets Only.

If Only wasn't "out for the money" as well, he would have called this band something else.

Edited by Rock in PA

Axl is out for the money!?

Pot kettle black.

Jerry Only is a talentless schmuck, he'd be nothing without Danzig and it's a terrible insult to the band's legacy that the Misfits skull is now as viable and meaningful as the Nike swoosh.

I can't believe he's still flogging this dead horse after Graves left and has taken over vocal duties HIMSELF!? Complete madness. I guess appearing on WCW didn't quench his attention seeking, moneygrabbing, talentless son of a bitch self.

Axl is out for the money!?

Pot kettle black.

Jerry Only is a talentless schmuck, he'd be nothing without Danzig and it's a terrible insult to the band's legacy that the Misfits skull is now as viable and meaningful as the Nike swoosh.

I can't believe he's still flogging this dead horse after Graves left and has taken over vocal duties HIMSELF!? Complete madness. I guess appearing on WCW didn't quench his attention seeking, moneygrabbing, talentless son of a bitch self.

you nailed it there-

plus i love how he acts like his opinion would even matter to anyone

i would be more interested in what the bass player from danger danger thinks about chinese democracy

since he is only a little more socially relevant than modern day jerry only...

no offense to any danger danger fans out there

any band that takes that long to put out an album is just out for money.

Ok, now this just doesn't make sense. If Axl were out for money why would he spend all those years in the studio which cost a shitload of money? If he were really out for money the album wouldn't have taken nearly as long to make and he'd have had it finished by 2000 to get the bonus Geffen offered him.

He'd also have reunited with the Appetite lineup because there's likely a lot more money to be had playing with them rather than whoever is in the band this week. When people say Axl isn't motivated by money I think that's really true. Look at all the great financial opportunities Axl has passed up. On one hand you have Gene Simmons who is an asshole but can make money on anything. Then on the other you have Axl who can be a real jackass and happens to dodge so many great business deals.

At least Only tours consistantly. And actually talks to fans. And gives a shit enough to promote his stuff.

So yeah. I guess that makes him a bigger asshole then Axl. Riiiiiggghttt :rolleyes:

Actually it does, because he is also known for making threats to raise the ticket prices where he refuses to play if they don't do as he says. He cancelled the entire Sweden tour for this reason. So yes, he is a bigger asshole and doesnt not have the right to be touring under the Misfits-name.

First off, why would you ask someone pioneered hardcore in the early '80s about something so complex? I'm not saying all punks are dipshits or anything, but it's not his scene and it seems obvious Only wouldn't give a shit. Plus, he loses all credibility for trying to carry on the Misifts without Glenn Danzig. Jerry Only currently resides in the "asshole punks who now only care about money" file along with East Bay Ray, Klaus Flouride and Springa. Let a good thing die when it should!