Brian May

Demon Wolf

Not only is he a great person and a class act, he's also a brilliant guitarist and singer who in my opinion doesn't get enough recognition. He has released two brilliant solo albums, Back In The Light 1992 and Another World 1998.

(2001) Teasin' Around -

(1998) Business -

(1992) Resurrection -

(2005) Lost Horizon (live) -

(2005) Hammer To Fall (live) -

Any Brian May fans out there? :xmasssanta:

Edited by Demon Wolf

I think Queen are underrated. They had so many better songs than their hits, and they are rarely mentioned in the same breath as Zeppelin, Stones and The Beatles even though they in my opinion were superior to all of them both in terms of music and showmanship.

Brian May is an amazing guitarist and I enjoy his singing. I wouldn't call him underrated though, he's often mentioned among as a top guitarist. His solo albums are okey, but they're a bit too same-y and most of the songs aren't particularly memorable.

Brian May is an amazing guitarist and I enjoy his singing. I wouldn't call him underrated though, he's often mentioned among as a top guitarist. His solo albums are okey, but they're a bit too same-y and most of the songs aren't particularly memorable.

With his solo albums, I find there's two-three tracks on both that are outstanding, and the others are a bit hit and miss.

His live version of All The Way From Memphis (included on Another World) is absolutely great though.

With his solo albums, I find there's two-three tracks on both that are outstanding, and the others are a bit hit and miss.

Yeah there's a few good tracks on both, but there's way too much filler for me to listen to any of them regularly.

I think Queen are underrated. They had so many better songs than their hits, and they are rarely mentioned in the same breath as Zeppelin, Stones and The Beatles even though they in my opinion were superior to all of them both in terms of music and showmanship.

I can agree with the showmanship part but as far as the music comes I don't think there's any way I could say that Queen are equal to Zep, the Stones or The Beatles. Especially not The Beatles or the Stones. As far as I'm concerned, Queen only had two or three overall great albums, and the rest were mixes of really good stuff and quite poor stuff. The Beatles had a far more even catalogue and while the Stones have their fair share of sub-par quality stuff, they have far more great albums than Queen. Just my opinion.

Yeah there's a few good tracks on both, but there's way too much filler for me to listen to any of them regularly.

I can agree with the showmanship part but as far as the music comes I don't think there's any way I could say that Queen are equal to Zep, the Stones or The Beatles. Especially not The Beatles or the Stones. As far as I'm concerned, Queen only had two or three overall great albums, and the rest were mixes of really good stuff and quite poor stuff. The Beatles had a far more even catalogue and while the Stones have their fair share of sub-par quality stuff, they have far more great albums than Queen. Just my opinion.

I agree with you, but I'd say the same about Zeppelin also. I-IV have many good songs, and some crap, but are awesome albums, but Zeppelin's best are Houses of the Holy & Physical Graffiti. You explained the rest well though.

I love Brian May, he's one of my favorite guitarists. He's a very versatile player, and his skill is incedibly underrated, but the best aspect of his playing is his tone. It's perfect. You can listen to anything he plays and instantly recognize it's him, solely based on his tone, and there's not many people I can say that about. He also has a great voice, the version of Love Of My Life on the Q+PR live album is really emotional, and honestly, better than any Freddie version I can think of.

I love Brian May, he's one of my favorite guitarists. He's a very versatile player, and his skill is incedibly underrated, but the best aspect of his playing is his tone. It's perfect. You can listen to anything he plays and instantly recognize it's him, solely based on his tone, and there's not many people I can say that about. He also has a great voice, the version of Love Of My Life on the Q+PR live album is really emotional, and honestly, better than any Freddie version I can think of.

There is no guitarist with better tone than Brian May. Love Of My Life was a highlight when I saw Q+PR live at Wembley in november 2008, he sings it beautifully.

He hit a bum note in the middle of it though, paused and looked on his guitar, shook his head, and continued. :rofl-lol: