Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

Really sad news about Michael, he was a talent from on high. #fb

41 minutes ago from txt

:( Slash was just mentioned on Fox news for working with him.

Yeah, the former head of Jackson's company (if I remember right) mentioned Slash referring to the wide range of people Michael worked with.

Give In To Me was a kickass song. Michael knew how to pick guitarists for his rock songs that's for sure.

Amen

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a screening of a movie that I scored recently, fucking trippy. 1st time seeing it. #fb about 15 hours ago from txt
The movie I scored is: "This is not a movie." It sounds awesome & the movie is great. #fb about 1 hour ago from txt
"This is not a movie" will be finished in 3 weeks or so. It is being shopped for distribution now. about 1 hour ago from txt
I scored "This is not a movie" while I was working on material for my solo record. #fbabout 1 hour ago from txt

Not much information on imdb about the film yet.

Slash composing score for This Is Not A Movie

"It's very cutting edge, trippy," says Slash

Joe Bosso, Thu 4 Sep 2008, 8:46 pm BST

Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash is getting his Ennio Morricone on and is composing the score for the Mexican film This Is Not A Movie, the second production written and directed by Olallo Rubio.

An English-language film, This Is Not A Movie is 100 percent independently financed with Mexican funds. After having filmed several scenes in Estudios Churubusco, Mexico City, production recently moved to Las Vegas.

"It's very cutting-edge, very artistic, and a little bit trippy," said Slash of the film. "It's dark, and jagged and a bit surreal, in and out of reality, you know?"

The writer and director, Olallo Rubio, stated about the movie, "The idea was to create a very eclectic psychedelic score with sounds generated by acoustic and electric guitars. I was looking for a guitarist with the ability to create very emotional music, but at the same time, the freedom to use any type of effects to explore different sounds. Slash was interested in the project, and so far he has composed the music for six segments, we're very excited with his work."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/sla...-a-movie-172163

Thanks for the article.

We've got a great set for Norway, but we're not playing any songs from my new cd. #fb about 6 hours ago from txt

:mellow:

And a new blog update:

Quart Festival Press Release

On June 30th, 2009, legendary rocker Slash, will take the stage in Kristiansand Norway, backed by an unforgettable lineup of performers, sure to make this year's Quart Festival a once in a lifetime, historic rock event.

For the opening night of the festival, Slash has invited friends and fellow rockers Ozzy Osbourne, acclaimed rock drummer Jason Bonham, John 5, Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood and Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas, among others, to join him on stage to perform some of music's greatest rock n roll hits: Sweet Child o' Mine, Crazy train and BlackDog, just to name a few. Never again will you be able to see this lineup of people perform such an epic and momentous show.

This is also one of the only shows Slash will be performing this summer, as he has specifically taken time off of recording his new solo album to do Quart Festival. Dont miss the chance to see an outstanding show, one night only, at The 2009 Quart Festival.

Edited by Deniz

Slash doing Black Dog sounds kick ass to me. I can't wait to hear this set he's doing!

Agreed!!! With Jason Bonham with him he might do several Led Zep songs. I am bummed about the fact he says he will not do any of the songs off of his solo album. I guess I cannot blame him about not wanting to go public with any of them until the album is out though. I hope we get some good youtube of Slash I miss him. Living in Florida-Norway is out of my price range.

Edited by sleeper

I'm going to Kristiansand tomorrow to see them. Can't wait, I'm sure the show will be great! I can admit I had a dream about hear maybe one song from his solo album, but if he says they don't will....... :P Ah, I'm so excitet about which songs they're gonna play. Black Dog will be awesome!!

Maybe I can try get some videos I can post on youtube.. :)

I'm going to Kristiansand tomorrow to see them. Can't wait, I'm sure the show will be great! I can admit I had a dream about hear maybe one song from his solo album, but if he says they don't will....... :P Ah, I'm so excitet about which songs they're gonna play. Black Dog will be awesome!!

Have a great time. You are so lucky.

Have a great time. You are so lucky.

Thanks! Finally one good reason to live in Norway.

Yea.. He's performed SCOM with Fergie before though.. But it will be really really awesome Slash playing this again.

I actually expect it to musically sound much better than the versions he has played with Fergie. Slash has always sounded ace as he plays it like only he can, but this time it will be his own band that he can have rehearse it a bunch of times as he wants it done as well as having everyone's instruments tuned as he would like to get a better sound. In his appearances with Fergie it has always been done real quick in the middle of one of her sets, but I suspect now a little more thought and care will be put into it. I may be wrong though, who knows.

Yea.. He's performed SCOM with Fergie before though.. But it will be really really awesome Slash playing this again.

I actually expect it to musically sound much better than the versions he has played with Fergie. Slash has always sounded ace as he plays it like only he can, but this time it will be his own band that he can have rehearse it a bunch of times as he wants it done as well as having everyone's instruments tuned as he would like to get a better sound. In his appearances with Fergie it has always been done real quick in the middle of one of her sets, but I suspect now a little more thought and care will be put into it. I may be wrong though, who knows.

Really I pretty much agree with you there, I think you're right! Even more reason to look forward to this day.

Shit, what a KILLER set list:

OZZY OSBOURNE Performs With SLASH At Norway's QUART Festival; Video Available - June 30, 2009

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash was joined by the following "special guests" earlier tonight (Tuesday, June 30) during his headlining appearance at this year's edition of the Quart festival in Kristiansand, Norway:

Ron Wood (THE ROLLING STONES)

Ozzy Osbourne (BLACK SABBATH)

Fergie (a.k.a. Stacy Ann Ferguson of BLACK EYED PEAS)

Slash's band consisted of the following musicians:

Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN) - Drums

Chris Chaney (JANE'S ADDICTION) - Bass

John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON) - Guitar

Franky Perez (SCARS ON BROADWAY) - Guitar

Teddy Andreadis (GUNS N' ROSES, ALICE COOPER) - Piano/Harmonica

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Immigrant Song

02. Highway to Hell

03. Hair of the Dog

04. Fall to Pieces

05. Black or White

06. Slither

07. Nightrain

08. Honky Tonk Women

09. Knockin' on Heaven's Door

10. Sweet Child O' Mine

11. Barracuda

12. It's Only Rock N' Roll

13. Black Dog

14. War Pigs

15. I Don't Know

16. Crazy Train

17. Paranoid

18. Whole Lotta Love

19. Paradise City

Fan-filmed video footage of the "Paranoid" performance (featuring Ozzy Osbourne on vocals) can be viewed below.

Slash previously played with Ozzy at the 77th Royal Variety Performance in November 2005 in Cardiff. They performed a version of THE BEATLES classic "In My Life", with family photographs projected onto the background of the stage.

Slash left GUNS N' ROSES in the mid-'90s, forming SLASH'S SNAKEPIT before later assembling VELVET REVOLVER with several other ex-members of GUNS N' ROSES and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland.

VELVET REVOLVER is currently searching for a replacement for Weiland, who was dismissed in April 2008.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=122864