CRUEFEST DVD

Gordon Comstock

First of all, i fuckin love motley crue, as well as Sixx AM and Buckcherry [the other reasons i got the dvd] but holy fuck! Vince sounds like absolute shit!!!!!! ive never heard a worse performance on a dvd... why even bother releasing this fucking thing!!!

also, the way it was filmed makes the stage look way smaller than it actually was....

who else feels like complaining about this dvd??

ps

actually, maybe not complain... Sixx AM and Buckcherrys performances were pretty good....

Is it just live performances?

Or does it have cool backstage/interview stuff?

They show some backstage stuff before every band hits the stage (It's 2 dvds, Motley's performance on 1 and everthing else on the other).

I think there's a documentary type thing on the 2nd disc as well, but I haven't watched it yet.

The main thing I remember is Motley commenting a few times how they weren't selling any alchohol to the concertgoers at the concert, which I thought was pretty fucked up. Blame Canada(it was shot in Toronto)

They show some backstage stuff before every band hits the stage (It's 2 dvds, Motley's performance on 1 and everthing else on the other).

I think there's a documentary type thing on the 2nd disc as well, but I haven't watched it yet.

The main thing I remember is Motley commenting a few times how they weren't selling any alchohol to the concertgoers at the concert, which I thought was pretty fucked up. Blame Canada(it was shot in Toronto)

Blame Terrence and Phillip.

I gut drunk as fuck when we saw them, good times.

*Is it just me, or does crue fest 2 have the shitiest line up ever? (oher than Motley)

It was a big deal their liquor license got suspended, no one was informed (including the venue) until 11 AM the day of the show. Now, I'm not a drinker at all, but a lot of people just go see Motley Crue and get wasted.

The performance is pretty good, that was my second Motley concert at the time (I saw them 2 more times so far this year, and will see them 2 more this summer) and it was a lot better than in '06. Vince has lost quite a bit of weight and is singing more than he was. True, Toronto wasn't the best night of the tour, but I can't complain, it was still a damn good show.

My biggest problem is the production of the DVD, they fucked with all the lighting as to bring out the reds, whites, and yellows and bury everything else. The camera work is imbalanced, it's like 2 different people edited the video. On one hand, there's lots of long shots of someone, then later in the same song there will be rapid-fire editing that can make you nauseous if watched for too long (a la Iron Maiden's Rock In Rio).

All in all it's a cool DVD to have (It's not everyday a show you go to gets filmed with 15 hi-def cameras!), but it pales in comparison to Carnival Of Sins.

I think Vince's voice is absolutely horrible in it. It came on VH1 Classic a couple of weeks ago and he couldn't keep up, and only sang like half of the lyrics. The only one I think he did okay on was "Home Sweet Home". He also was singing much too high.

And Tommy was as obnoxious as ever at the end...

agreed about the editing and the colors and shit. that was terrible.

about disc 2.... it alone was worth buying. the performances were kickass [except trapt, but i dont really like them anyway] and the documentary type shit is cool, its all this backstage shit, the only thing that... actually fuckin terrified me, haha.... was when vince goes 'time to warm up' - then goes into a room, screams real loud about 4 times, and goes 'alrite, done!'

cruefest was my 2nd time seeing crue as well [also saw them in 06] and i know that a concert is always waaay better when your actually there, but i flimed a couple songs [vancouver is where i saw em, btw] and vince still sounds awesome. waaaay better than toronto. i find it weird that he could do that though, like i know singers have off nights, but he just.... it was barely listenable.

i recommend getting it for the other bands and "all excess pass", if nothing else....

I think people need to accept the fact that Vince is past his glory days. He just can't sing like he did in the 80's anymore, and he shows his age more than any of them except Mick. The new songs sound great live, and he's singing them pretty well. At least he doesn't try to cover up the fact that he's not as good as he once was. They could have edited in some overdub vocal takes, but they left it raw, which I admire. In general, his singing has improved since the reunion.

One positive note I'd like to add about the DVD, I was really surprised by how many shots there were of Mick. There was almost no Mick on the COS DVD, and he's way more prominent on the Crue Fest DVD.

I think people need to accept the fact that Vince is past his glory days. He just can't sing like he did in the 80's anymore, and he shows his age more than any of them except Mick. The new songs sound great live, and he's singing them pretty well. At least he doesn't try to cover up the fact that he's not as good as he once was. They could have edited in some overdub vocal takes, but they left it raw, which I admire. In general, his singing has improved since the reunion.

i think he was pretty awesome on COS... most of the vids ive seen from 05 have been good... i guess toronto was an off night, coz he was awesome in vancouver.... he was great on the reunion tour tho

i think he was pretty awesome on COS... most of the vids ive seen from 05 have been good... i guess toronto was an off night, coz he was awesome in vancouver.... he was great on the reunion tour tho

I dunno, he really sucked when I saw them in '06. I guess he was singing more of the words in '05, but his pitch is better now than it was 4 years ago. This year in Erie was the best I've heard him yet, and he claimed he was sick.

I'll be interested to hear how he can handle some of the Dr. Feelgood songs this Summer, especially Rattlesnake Shake and Without You. I'll be seeing the first and last shows of the tour, so it will also make for a good comparison.

I dunno, he really sucked when I saw them in '06. I guess he was singing more of the words in '05, but his pitch is better now than it was 4 years ago. This year in Erie was the best I've heard him yet, and he claimed he was sick.

I'll be interested to hear how he can handle some of the Dr. Feelgood songs this Summer, especially Rattlesnake Shake and Without You. I'll be seeing the first and last shows of the tour, so it will also make for a good comparison.

have an awesome time, haha!

wondering how he'll hangle songs like time for change or she goes down. there was an interview recently, its on motleys site, with nikki n vince, they couldnt even remember a bunch of the songs.... yikes, haha....

wondering how he'll hangle songs like time for change or she goes down. there was an interview recently, its on motleys site, with nikki n vince, they couldnt even remember a bunch of the songs.... yikes, haha....

Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing them this Summer, I've got pit tickets for the first and last shows of the tour, so it should make for a good comparision.

Are you going to Crue Fest at all?

Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing them this Summer, I've got pit tickets for the first and last shows of the tour, so it should make for a good comparision.

Are you going to Crue Fest at all?

nice. not going to CF this year, as far as i know they havent announced tour dates in canada yet but rumor is they might tour here in the fall.... o well tho, i saw em on CF last year, and w/ aerosmith in 2006...