Make your own supergroup.

CryptElf

I don't give a fuck if this has been done before. Pick 5 musicians that fit the rules that you'd like in a group.

RULES.

No just listening bands that exist or existed.

Dead musicians are fair game. Format below:

Band Name*

Vocalist:

Guitars:

Bass:

Drums:

Additional instrument:

Additional instrument:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vocals: Axl Rose

Axl's vocals can be very harsh and overpowering at times, but when I think of a rock 'n' roll vocalist, I think of Axl. He has a spectacular set of pipes, with just the right amount of sleaze.

Lead Guitar: John Frusciante

Just as Bumblefoot referenced The Edge, as playing the perfect note for each one of his songs... I feel that way towards John. Like the Red Hot Chili Peppers or not... Call them too commercial, whatever, John's guitar's just pound you with emotion.

Rhythm Guitar: Keith Richards

I'm not even going by his look or anything. He's the most functional/ dysfunctional guitar player I've heard. He's insane, but he has written some of the greatest riffs ever. He knows his job. He doesn't try and show off. He lets his chords, and the structure tell the story.

Bass: Duff McKagan... I tried to make sure that no two members of the same band were on here, but I can't really help it.

Drums: John Bonhan or Jean Paul Gaster... DOA, you choose.

fuck ya'll, im making 2 because they will be different genres:

the metal supergroup:

Vocals: Dani Filth

Lead: Paul Allender

Rhythm: Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein [i know he's punk, fuck all, he plays fast/heavy enough to be metal]

Bass: Robin Eaglestone

Drums: Joey Jordison

the rock supergroup:

Vocals/Rhythm: Lizzy DeVine

Lead: DJ Ashba

Bass: Duff McKagan

Drums: Shannon Larkin

Lead Vocals : Chris Robinson (The Black Crowes)

Lead Guitar : Slash (Guns N' Roses)

Rythmn Guitar / Backing Vocals : Noel Gallagher (Oasis)

Bass : Mani (The Stone Roses)

Drums : John Fred Young (Black Stone Cherry)

Keyboards / Backing Vocals : Serge Pizzorno (Kasabian)

Songwriters - Noel Gallagher, Serge Pizzorno, Chris Robinson mostly.

Edited by Snake Eyes

I basically copied your list and edited^

Lead Vocals : Chris Robinson (The Black Crowes)

Lead Guitar : Noel Gallagher (Oasis)

Rythmn Guitar / Backing Vocals : Serge Pizzorno(Kasabian)

Bass : Mani (The Stone Roses)

Drums : Reni(The Stone Roses)

Keyboards: Gem Archer (Oasis)

I like how almost everyone so far has had Slash in their supergroup... and I'm not going to be any different!

Vocalist: Brett Scallions (ex-Fuel)

Lead Guitar: Slash (Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver)

Rhythm Guitar/Backing Vocals: James Hetfield (Metallica)

Bass: Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue)

Drums: Lars Ulrich (Metallica)

Keyboards: Dizzy Reed (Guns N' Roses)

Vocals: John Lennon

Lead Guitar: Slash

Bass Guitar: James Jamerson

Drums: Mitch Mitchell

I seriously challenge anyone to beat this.

That'd be an awful band...styles are too disparate. I can imagine Lennon and Richards getting along together to some degree as musicians, precarious to say the least though. Slash is just utterly out of place there and so is Mitch Mitchell. Slash leans a bit more to the metal style of things and neither Lennon nor Richards are/were particularly fond of all of that. Mitch Mitchell needs someone to bounce off which he wouldn't have there...he's actually of a higher pedigree in terms of muscianmanship with the rest of em, it'd be like putting Ginger Baker in The Ramones (bit of an exaggeration).

I find this question near enough impossible to answer for the simple reason that you can guesstimate how given musicians will gel together by their styles and so forth but you can't like...really nail it and really know how they'd bounce off each other? But then having said that, sometimes musicians who are like...in a totally different direction come together on common ground in a weird way. I mean Charlie Watts is a jazz drummer, typically speaking, on paper, it shouldn't work y'know, him in the stones...but it does, it works perfectly. Same with Topper Headon from The Clash, he was more into soul music and all of that stuff. So i dunno, how can you really ever figure this kinda shit out?

Sorry, all a bit of fun i know, didn't mean to turn it into a huge psychological profiling thing :lol:

Vocals: John Lennon

Lead Guitar: Slash

Bass Guitar: James Jamerson

Drums: Mitch Mitchell

I seriously challenge anyone to beat this.

That'd be an awful band...styles are too disparate. I can imagine Lennon and Richards getting along together to some degree as musicians, precarious to say the least though. Slash is just utterly out of place there and so is Mitch Mitchell. Slash leans a bit more to the metal style of things and neither Lennon nor Richards are/were particularly fond of all of that. Mitch Mitchell needs someone to bounce off which he wouldn't have there...he's actually of a higher pedigree in terms of muscianmanship with the rest of em, it'd be like putting Ginger Baker in The Ramones (bit of an exaggeration).

I find this question near enough impossible to answer for the simple reason that you can guesstimate how given musicians will gel together by their styles and so forth but you can't like...really nail it and really know how they'd bounce off each other? But then having said that, sometimes musicians who are like...in a totally different direction come together on common ground in a weird way. I mean Charlie Watts is a jazz drummer, typically speaking, on paper, it shouldn't work y'know, him in the stones...but it does, it works perfectly. Same with Topper Headon from The Clash, he was more into soul music and all of that stuff. So i dunno, how can you really ever figure this kinda shit out?

Sorry, all a bit of fun i know, didn't mean to turn it into a huge psychological profiling thing :lol:

Why do you ruin fun.

Sorry :lol: i'll shush, i promise :D

Vocals: Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses)

Lead Guitar: George Lynch (Dokken, Lynch Mob)

Rhythm Guitar: Izzy Stradlin (Guns N' Roses, solo)

Bass: David Ellefson (Megadeth)

Drums: Vinny Appice (Black Sabbath, Dio, Heaven And Hell)

I didn't want to include two guys from Guns N' Roses, but Izzy is best at what he does and Axl is my favorite vocalist that fits the style of the others pretty well.

Also, my guys seem very 80's, but whatever, they're all practially virtuosos at their respective instruments.

Sorry, had to do 2....

28 Gays Later

Vocals: Bon Scott (AC/DC)

Lead Guitar: Slash (Guns N'Roses, VR)

Rhythm Guitar: James Hetfield (Metallica)

Bass: Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)

Drums: Tommy Lee (Motley Crue)

DeathMonkFish

Vocals: Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)

Lead Guitar: Dimebag Darrell (Pantera)

Rhythm Guitar: Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society)

Bass: Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue)

Drums: Alex Van Halen (well erm Van Halen)

Guest Sweet Tooth

Mine would be...

The Axl Rose Project

Vocals: Maynard James Keenan

Lead Guitar: Buckethead

Second Lead Guitar: Dimebag Darrell

Rhythm Guitar: Zakk Wylde

Bass Guitar: Les Claypool

Drums: Danny Carey