OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 2 VERY minor complaints:

1. No Nightrain (I'm sure this will change as it was on the rehearsal setlist)

2. Wish Axl played piano on This I Love

All in all though, I think this is one of the best setlists they've ever done, old or new. Roll on 1/24!!!

Impossible, you just can't play the piano line of this I love while singing it. I don't have much trouble playing it but I have tried singing at the same time and I just can't (while I can quite easily on november rain and songs from other bands).

Again, it was only a minor complaint. I'm an amateur pianist, and I don't know Axl's true capability. For some people, singing and playing is incredibly easy.

Deja vu? Finally, the band are playing more new songs. And what song is the first one to show up on youtube? A classic from AFD. <_<

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to almost impossible to see if Axl still looks like Axl or like Eminem, and if that really was Ron who was playing the solo? I think I made out a red hat ... :huh:

SCOM sounds good!

I'm encouraged by the rehearsals too. Good times. Again.

Now let's just wish they come somewhere 'round our neck of the woods, like UK for you and the rest of Europe (well, make that Germany :D ) for me.

The band really sounded great, now as I'm listening to SCOM once more.

Good setlist! Glad it wasnt another nostalgia trip.

Although I would have much preferred they dropped If the World and IRS, and had Prostitute and Scraped. That combination would have been far stronger live.

la

Agree 100%

I would even have finished with Prostitute, but I guess it wouldn't be GNR without City ending things.

Only 2 VERY minor complaints:

1. No Nightrain (I'm sure this will change as it was on the rehearsal setlist)

2. Wish Axl played piano on This I Love

All in all though, I think this is one of the best setlists they've ever done, old or new. Roll on 1/24!!!

Impossible, you just can't play the piano line of this I love while singing it. I don't have much trouble playing it but I have tried singing at the same time and I just can't (while I can quite easily on november rain and songs from other bands).

Again, it was only a minor complaint. I'm an amateur pianist, and I don't know Axl's true capability. For some people, singing and playing is incredibly easy.

I know, I didn't mean to be rude (sorry if I seemed to be). But This I love has a piano line that follows the voice so it makes it really difficult to play + sing, if you look at November Rain, Axl just plays the chords while he sings, he only plays harder stuff when he's not singing, and This I love has more than just chords. I know that some people can easily play piano and sing at the same time (I do to, but the piano has to be chords, or arpeggios, I can't do complicated stuff on the piano if i sing at the same time because the hardest part is to sing and This I love is a pain in the ass to sing - I can't even sing it properly haha), but I really doubt someone on earth can sing this i love and play piano at the same time, I'd be very curious to see that hehe.

• One of the best set-lists EVER.
  • Axl sounded fantastic.
  • Ashba sounded great, very fluid and much preferred to Robins choppy style and razor sharp tone that caused me ear fatigue.
  • Very happy the band leaned so heavily on new material, seems proper as this is the CD tour.
  • I love the old band and you can't take away from their vibe but the new band is simply playing stuff the old line-up could not physically do from a technical standpoint.
    Love it or hate it, this band is tight as hell and playing some sick shit.
  • If they keep up with this type of set-list and performance this could be a scorch-the-earth type tour and really be the new GNR reborn and at the height of their power, very impressed.

My only disappointment is not having Prostitute in the list but I couldn't complain about this show. I would just like to see Prostitute throw in at some points in the tour.

Overall, wow, just wow! If they keep up this intensity then they are at a new level! Fingers crossed that the rest of the tour is on par with this performance!

*Happy-me-Dance inserted here*

rock4rock3

Edited by mcalldp

wait, no Paradise City? :question:

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr Brownstone

5. If The World

6. Live and Let Die

7. Richard Fortus solo (James Bond Theme)

8. There Was A Time

9. Drumsolo

10. Bass solo

11. My generation with Tommy Stinson on vocals

12. I.R.S.

13. Rocket Queen

14. Dizzy Reed Piano solo

15. Street of Dreams

16. DJ Ashba solo

17. Sweet Child O' Mine

18. Band jam

19. November Rain

20. Ron Thal solo (Pink Panther)

21. You Could Be Mine

22. Shackler's Revenge

23. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Encore:

24. This I Love (Dizzy on the piano)

25. Band Jam

26. Better

27. Paradise City

I'm disappointed that there are no Patience and no Nightrain.

Thanks man, I was worried for a second there! ;)

Surprised that Nighttrain and Outta get me were missing but they played Mr Brownstone, also a bit disappointed they played ITW instead of Prostitute, but still sounds like it was a rockin setlist! :monkey: