OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fab vids so far, axl sounds top shit for the 1st show! spot on vocals most of the time!

Better clip is great.

This i love / shacklers, fuckin dieing to see in good quality! TIL sounds awesome from the clips/shitty audio we have had.

BEST QUALITY VIDEOS SO FAR!

Live and let die (the ending is lost, guy gets caught filming and warned)

Welcome to the Jungle

Sweet Child O' Mine

"December" Rain

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Paradise City

OMFG, there was no Robin to screw the solo. Axl was great too. Finally an excellent performance for this song :thumbsup:

Guest ben9785

Axl's voice is great on "Better"

Hey, in these recent set of uploads, is there any better quality version of "Chinese Democracy"? please.. thanks..

Edited by ben9785

Well, i suppose I should point out that this isn't the setlist for tomorrow.

As we all know, Axl always adds and drops songs going into the second show. I expect the drum bass and my generation may be dropped along with atleast one of the band jams. I think he's gonna add in rhiad, possibly oh my god, and catcher. By the way, no more patience. The only shame in that is that it was one of the best songs they did at rir 3.

I expect either patience will be back or axl will do dust n' bones should izzy arive. It'd be funny for izzy and fortus to trade off riffs during that song.

The band sounds really tight, Axl sounds way better than one would expect for his first show in 3 years, Ashba sounds killer, Ron ripped through the outro solo for November Rain, this band is getting better with anything I hear from them! Fucking tight! Now I need to hear some new songs, especially This I love! Who played the solo on that one?

SWEET CHILD O MINE -- FILMED FROM THE PIT!

RON SOLO -- FILMED FROM THE PIT!

*added to the oringinal post, as well.... AWESOME QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!

As the French would say : tout ça... pour ça ?

All that... for this?!

I know it's cool seeing that Axl can still sing, but if you take a step back and look at what have been the last 15 years you can't help the feeling of an immense waste of time and, most important, you can't help to ask yourself if it was really necessary to fight so hard against the original members... After all, Axl is still mostly playing the material of the original band, even after 15 years...

Well said man

At the end of the day, they are still a cover band because most of the material is from the old band

But it must be said that they are a pretty cool cover band, better than with Fink

I admit that they did a good job

Great cover band, I'll give them that

Yeap. They did great job in LALD, KOHD & My Genaration. That's the three covers they played in that show! B)

You must remind me what parts DJ, Ron, Tommy, Chris, Frank and Richard played on AFD, UYI and all the other classic songs... I forgot.

Yeap. They did great job in LALD, KOHD & My Genaration. That's the three covers they played in that show! B)

You must remind me what parts DJ, Ron, Tommy, Chris, Frank and Richard played on AFD, UYI and all the other classic songs... I forgot.

Nice try but AFD & Illusions are GNR albums so this band.

Alright...I'm getting weary of that bullshit.

Axl Rose, the leader of that band during the AFD and UYI era, should have left GnR, started a new band because everybody else did BECAUSE.... ?

I mean shutting butthurt fans aside...

Well, i suppose I should point out that this isn't the setlist for tomorrow.

As we all know, Axl always adds and drops songs going into the second show. I expect the drum bass and my generation may be dropped along with atleast one of the band jams. I think he's gonna add in rhiad, possibly oh my god, and catcher. By the way, no more patience. The only shame in that is that it was one of the best songs they did at rir 3.

I expect either patience will be back or axl will do dust n' bones should izzy arive. It'd be funny for izzy and fortus to trade off riffs during that song.

This is just a guess but I even think they'll be a show like the 2006 ones with more Appetite material or maybe not. The band played over half of their latest release on their first show in over two years, i'd imagine the song order is changed around. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they could and might play over the next few weeks. I hope that every song from Chinese Democracy gets played live.

Alright...I'm getting weary of that bullshit.

Axl Rose, the leader of that band during the AFD and UYI era, should have left GnR, started a new band because everybody else did BECAUSE.... ?

I mean shutting butthurt fans aside...

Alice Cooper doesn't ring any bells?

Vince was only singer of Alice Cooper band, and then everything left and he not only kept the name but also change his name to Alice Cooper and is still rocking around the world, yeah he also should have left the name and played solo :rolleyes: