Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Even though a reunion could help millions in need right? I guess that is selfish of us.

I GUESS THESE KIND OF RESPONSES ARE EXACTLY WHAT AXL WAS TALKING ABOUT WITH THE HAITI/REUNION TWIT. Gues he knew that son's of bitches would try to link a fundraiser to a unconfirmed reunion and put the blame on Axl for something like that not happening.

totally right.

From Fernando at htgth:

Axl's twit's was not directed at anyone in particular; we were just advised that there were talks in a GNR reunion in order to raise money for the cause, which we kindly responded to such.

People will try to find connection, when there are none to be found. Every now and then, we get the rumor in it's growing stage and I am just glad we can kill it, before it spreads.

Like a... cancer?

:rofl-lol:

Even though Slash might have suggested anything related to the damn reunion Axl might have stayed silent this time because this is a different situation. He might have just sent his prays to Haiti when he did not try to organize anything like that whereever Slash did.

Sorry for the poor grammar

Axl didn't mention slash on his tweet so why do some people assume it was addressed to him?

On a side note, pretty low n' selfish usin' the devastation in Haiti 2 start (false) reunion rumors. R hearts n' prayers go out to the Haitian people.

He could have been talking about another person, the record company, whoever. The fact he has tweeted that after slash posted about Haiti does not mean he was replying to him

If I where Slash, I would take out a full page ad in Variety or some other newspaper, asking Axl to reunite for a concert to help the victims of Haiti.

LOL

It would put Axl in the craziest of positions. He most certainly would face public scorn and criticism if he said no.

Would be a douchebag thing for Slash to do.....but hey it would give us something to talk about on the forum for like 2 years.....LOL.

If I where Slash, I would take out a full page ad in Variety or some other newspaper, asking Axl to reunite for a concert to help the victims of Haiti.

LOL

It would put Axl in the craziest of positions. He most certainly would face public scorn and criticism if he said no.

Would be a douchebag thing for Slash to do.....but hey it would give us something to talk about on the forum for like 2 years.....LOL.

True if Axl said no, we would complain on how Axl's a dick. If he said yes, we would complain on bad he sounded, how he didnt raise enough money, or he was too fat.

Edmonton! At the Rexall. None of this "left at the hotel" sheott!! 2 concerned w/gettin' 2 the gig yday 2 tweet. Ready 2 wreak havoc!!

where did you read that?

EDIT! never mind. my RSS feed just updates slowly >.<

Edited by henfjel

I can almost see Axl - after his people forgot him at the hotel - in a more crazy and disturbed version of Macaulay Culkin's "Home Alone"!

Cursing like crazy... trying to talk to Beta...cursing fuckin' fernando...cursing the taxi driver....later on apologizing to the taxi driver etc :D!!

LOL

Dude, what are you talking about? According to contactmusic.com, Axl has already insisted that he won't do a Haiti reunion concert despite the fact that it would raise tons of money for a worthwhile cause. Talk about "pretty low n selfish".

ROSE DISMISSES GUNS N' ROSES REUNION FOR HAITI

AXL ROSE has ruled out any chance of an original GUNS N' ROSES reunion, insisting even the Haiti earthquake wouldn't prompt him to stage a one-off charity get together.

The rocker fired off a Twitter.com post to ex-bandmate Slash last week (ends15Jan10) after the guitarist suggested a big-name concert should be arranged to help the relief effort in Haiti.

Thinking his ex-bandmate was suggesting Guns N' Rose should reform for the event, Rose took to Twitter.com and posted, "Pretty low n' selfish usin' the devastation in Haiti 2 start (false) reunion rumors. R hearts n' prayers go out to the Haitian people."

But, further study of Slash's original message revealed he wasn't suggesting a reunion. He wrote, "looking into organizing a big fund raiser concert for Haiti."

The latest Twitter.com controversy between the two former pals comes as the latest incarnation of Guns N' Roses embarks on its first Canadian tour in nearly 20 years. Shows began in Winnipeg, Manitoba on Wednesday (13Jan10).

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/rose-dismisses-guns-n-roses-reunion-for-haiti_1128946

LOL

Dude, what are you talking about? According to contactmusic.com, Axl has already insisted that he won't do a Haiti reunion concert despite the fact that it would raise tons of money for a worthwhile cause. Talk about "pretty low n selfish".

AXL ROSE has ruled out any chance of an original GUNS N' ROSES reunion, insisting even the Haiti earthquake wouldn't prompt him to stage a one-off charity get together.

The rocker fired off a Twitter.com post to ex-bandmate Slash last week (ends15Jan10) after the guitarist suggested a big-name concert should be arranged to help the relief effort in Haiti.

Thinking his ex-bandmate was suggesting Guns N' Rose should reform for the event, Rose took to Twitter.com and posted, "Pretty low n' selfish usin' the devastation in Haiti 2 start (false) reunion rumors. R hearts n' prayers go out to the Haitian people."

But, further study of Slash's original message revealed he wasn't suggesting a reunion. He wrote, "looking into organizing a big fund raiser concert for Haiti."

The latest Twitter.com controversy between the two former pals comes as the latest incarnation of Guns N' Roses embarks on its first Canadian tour in nearly 20 years. Shows began in Winnipeg, Manitoba on Wednesday (13Jan10).

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/rose-dismisses-guns-n-roses-reunion-for-haiti_1128946

Nothing low and selfish about it. He was commenting on the fact that any rumors that a reunion was in the works for Haitian Earthquake relief were false. Nothing low and selfish about setting the record straight on a false rumor. i think that's the very thing that Axl hasn't done in the past that has irked people. Of course he isn't considering it when he has months of touring already planned :rolleyes:

Ali

Unbelieveable. :rolleyes:

Axl's camp claims they were "hearing" reunion calls when there were no such suggestions out there. But by making Axl comment on this "non-existent rumor" - he's in fact created the rumor and managed to paint himself as the bad guy. :no:

As I mentioned earlier - my biggest concern is that Axl is being given misinformation and then being asked to comment on this wrong information. And that's not cool. He needs to hire a professional PR person who will be plugged into everything that's happening in the GNR world and not give him misinformation and bad advice. It makes me sad to see this because I think Axl is a good person with a good heart - but bad advice and poor PR is hurting him and his image.

Nothing low and selfish about it. He was commenting on the fact that any rumors that a reunion was in the works for Haitian Earthquake relief were false. Nothing low and selfish about setting the record straight on a false rumor. i think that's the very thing that Axl hasn't done in the past that has irked people. Of course he isn't considering it when he has months of touring already planned :rolleyes:

Ali

Look, man. I have to get up and go to work on Tuesday. But if someone were to call me up asking - if on that same day - I would play my acoustic guitar with a guy that I didn't particularly care for from college (knowing that it would raise ALOT of money for a charitable cause) I'd be there. No ifs, ands, or buts. I just thought that Axl was of the same caliber to do the same. Guess I was wrong.

Unbelieveable. :rolleyes:

Axl's camp claims they were "hearing" reunion calls when there were no such suggestions out there. But by making Axl comment on this "non-existent rumor" - he's in fact created the rumor and managed to paint himself as the bad guy. :no:

As I mentioned earlier - my biggest concern is that Axl is being given misinformation and then being asked to comment on this wrong information. And that's not cool. He needs to hire a professional PR person who will be plugged into everything that's happening in the GNR world and not give him misinformation and bad advice. It makes me sad to see this because I think Axl is a good person with a good heart - but bad advice and poor PR is hurting him and his image.

Is it bad PR or bad people that he has surrounded himself with? Personally, I think Beta, Fernando, and the rest of the "family" have brainwashed him in to believing that EVERYBODY is out to hurt and misrepresent him. Therefore, only 'they' can provide him with the "truth".

I do agree that it is sad.

Ali

Look, man. I have to get up and go to work on Tuesday. But if someone were to call me up asking - if on that same day - I would play my acoustic guitar with a guy that I didn't particularly care for from college (knowing that it would raise ALOT of money for a charitable cause) I'd be there. No ifs, ands, or buts. I just thought that Axl was of the same caliber to do the same. Guess I was wrong.

Pretty piss-poor analogy, I must say. Piss-poor. I like how you ignore the fact that there is no indication Slash, Izzy or Duff would be onboard with the idea and that Axl is in the middle of a tour. Can't say I'm surprised, though.

Ali

Edmonton! At the Rexall. None of this "left at the hotel" sheott!! 2 concerned w/gettin' 2 the gig yday 2 tweet. Ready 2 wreak havoc!!

-Axl

Sounds like Axl is a fan of The Wire.

Great series! I (as a German) managed to watch all seasons on English (or Bodymorish? :D), though I often needed subtitles for some groups. He sure would fit into a corner's crew. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Schwarzgold

From earsucker.com

Axl Rose effs up another GNR reunion

Axl Rose misinterpreted a Twitter message from Slash, when referring to a benefit concert he [slash] planned to benefit Haiti.

On the 13th, Slash tweeted, Looking into organizing a big fund raiser concert for Haiti. Apparently, in Axl language, he mustve thought that Slash was looking for a way to get the band back together, so he responded with, On a side note, pretty low n selfish usin the devastation in Haiti 2 start (false) reunion rumors. R hearts n prayers go out to the Haitian people.

But do you know how huge that would be if GNR reformed to benefit the Haitians? Side note: Axl needs to learn how to read.

My link

C'mon, Axl. Quit being such a selfish prick. Get the boys up on stage together for this cause. I don't think too many people would be complaining if you were to end your 4th 'Chinese Democracy World Tour' to do this.

Edited by Lethal Weapon

How about Axl weren't mentioning Slash in his twitter either, and we don't know all that goes on behind the curtain, business wise.

Slash's twitter would easily make a whole bunch of dressed up men with ties try to get the "reunion ball" start rolling and contacting Axl.