OFFICIAL "The AWESOME" OSAKA Japan 12/16 Show Thread!

djtripp20

Axl is so off-time on that CD audio thing. No way they'd release that on DVD.

well that surely sounds like shit :drevil:

Ouch, I thought you were haters but Axl really is off time, wow it's painful to hear... Damn they can't release an Osaka dvd then, they must play the same setlists without mistaking in Tokyo :xmasssanta:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl had got the timing back by then. IF! they did a DVD could they isolate Axl's vocal track from the sound board and change when it begins? Or they could just drop Chinese Democracy and start off with Jungle.

im sure this show will drop at some point, someone does indeed have the entire show in audio format, it will hopefully be released in the future if no other good recordings appear.

Lets see what tokyo brings, a similar set? this gig will 'lose' its value and the likelyhood of a release is much higher.

Axl had got the timing back by then. IF! they did a DVD could they isolate Axl's vocal track from the sound board and change when it begins? Or they could just drop Chinese Democracy and start off with Jungle.

If they release it on DVD they can overdub the vocals for the 1st lines of CD of course.

It is only one verse and half of a chorus, no big deal! Maybe in-ear problem!

That can be fixed for a DVD...

another clip, axl getting a little angry with fans :rofl-lol:

I`ve been to that show. I know it is just a cover band, but that was as close to the real thing as you can get. 2k GNR starved Slovenian fans a 3 + hours long show, one of the fake Gnr members getting so hammered that he colapsed in the middle of the set, fake Axl cap fall into the audience and he actually threathened to leave if he doesn`t get it back...

another clip, axl getting a little angry with fans :rofl-lol:

I`ve been to that show. I know it is just a cover band, but that was as close to the real thing as you can get. 2k GNR starved Slovenian fans a 3 + hours long show, one of the fake Gnr members getting so hammered that he colapsed in the middle of the set, fake Axl cap fall into the audience and he actually threathened to leave if he doesn`t get it back...

"Get that guy outta here! Are you listening to me Mr Security Man? Hand me my cap! Well, thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home!!!!" :rofl-lol:

Imo something went wrong when the guy that recorded this show transfered the audio to his computer.

Most CD-songs seems to be a lot better live. That's really good. I want to know when they come to Sweden now.

Instämmer! =P 2006 was great but this lineup and setlist is KILLER!

A visst är de så =). Missade 2006 så nu får dom ta o komma hit!

Can't wait until we get some better qualtiy videos!

Btw, join "Chinese Democracy World Tour" on facebook, easy to keep you updated :)

thx i will =)

We should be glad if they even come to scandinavia! Fast det räcker med europa för mig så åker jag! :)

Imo something went wrong when the guy that recorded this show transfered the audio to his computer.

But we can hear the backing track in the background so surely that's not the case, I'm going for a delay in Axl's earpiece.

But we can hear the backing track in the background so surely that's not the case, I'm going for a delay in Axl's earpiece.

Or the soundguy use delay on Axls vocals but fucks it up so all we hear is the soundeffect and not his actual vocals. The first few seconds he can't hear Axl so instead of boost the main volume he's gaining the soundeffect which is delay. Axl is unaware if because these effects are not used in his earpiece, and just keeps singing like he always do. So if the right vocals were there they are probably not lost permanent. It was just gone in the audience mix for a moment. :)

EDIT* Haven't checked any proshots from CD so then it's easy so see if Axl actually sing in sync.

Edited by shootingstar

If they release it on DVD they can overdub the vocals for the 1st lines of CD of course.

It is only one verse and half of a chorus, no big deal! Maybe in-ear problem!

That can be fixed for a DVD...

You are both right. If it's a timing thing and not putting the delay effect out over the main vocal, a simple repasting of the vocal to the right time parts could be done. If it was the delay effect thing, they may record the pre-effect vocals as well as the post-processsed ones.

It's easy to record everything at the board for these shows, so if they want to make a DVD, then this stuff wouldn't be an obstacle. And they could certainly just have Axl re-sing that first part (been done before!)

I do think the hopes and wshes about a DVD is premature, though....

Damn Axl is off time on the Chinese Democracy audio. Can clearly hear the backing track, which is in time.

Can we stop with the backing track stuff? It's the band singing background vocals. It's been a number of years, I think we know what they sound like by now. The only song with pre-recorded vocals is "Scraped" which has an effect which would be impossible to recreate live.

Damn Axl is off time on the Chinese Democracy audio. Can clearly hear the backing track, which is in time.

Can we stop with the backing track stuff? It's the band singing background vocals. It's been a number of years, I think we know what they sound like by now. The only song with pre-recorded vocals is "Scraped" which has an effect which would be impossible to recreate live.

If my theory is correct the "backing vocals" may well be Axls actual main vocals. So if there are no backing track and there IS an Axl singing, that could very well be Axls "real" vocals. That and the fact that I find it hard to believe that Axl can srew it up like that. He may sing wrong lyrics or so or start some vers to early time to time but this is not like that. His vocals are too constant, and not randomly wrong.

EDIT* Listened to it gaian. His vocals are really low the first line "no it don't really matter, gonna leave it to myself", BUT with the right timing. AND it's NOT a backing track, cause his sstyle of singing is clearly live. Then the soundguy hear that the vocals are way to low and realise that he haven't put up the volume which have been turned down before Axl hit the stage, or haven't gained gained the volume enough. In a stressful situation he gain the soundeffect intead, and correct that second misstake after the first verse. We'll see the video. If Axls lips are synced then my theory could very well be close the truth. If not, I'll stay corrected.

Edited by shootingstar

We should be glad if they even come to scandinavia! Fast det räcker med europa för mig så åker jag! :)

Yea, that's enough for me too. Problemet är väl bara att jag får aldrig med nån kompis längre än sthlm eller göteborg. Inte nog inbitna fans..:( Skulle gärna hänga på ifall ett gäng skulle åka :)

Edited by haxxelrose

Yea, that's enough for me too. Problemet är väl bara att jag får aldrig med nån kompis längre än sthlm eller göteborg. Inte nog inbitna fans..:( Skulle gärna hänga på ifall ett gäng skulle åka :)

Var bor du? Bor sj i umeå så de blir en bit för mig hur som helst!

Sorry, but are we supposed to post vids of the last Osaka show or 15+ years old vids? :question:

You don't understand. Those old videos prove that as proficiant as bumblefoot may be, he will never have the feel that slash has. Therefore, he is not enough a legend to play them.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

true that.