Soundgarden have reunited

LCG

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was a poser looking for relevancy when he recorded a shit r&b parody with timbaland.

singing awesome songs with the band that helped create them is gonna make a lot of people happy. especially for all the soundgarden fans who didn't get to see 'em back in the day. i saw chris open for linkin park and it was cool and all, but a true soundgarden show with Thayil, Cameron and Shepherd would be so much more legit and coolness.

**rolls eyes**

maybe it was cause timbaland is one the top 5 producers of the decade? Or maybe even because people always say, that cornell has a "soulful" R/B voice......In fact, you can't read any Cornell/Soundgarden review without the reviewer pointing that out.

c'mon.

That didn't prevent it from being a soulless, boring, and cliched record. Cornell could've chosen any producer to make an R&B album with, but he picked the one that would be guaranteed to make him the most money and get him the most attention. I wasn't against him trying R&B, because there's been some great things done in the genre, but Scream was a characterless train wreck.

And Dead Flower, I'm concerned about their legacy. If Cornell gets up there and doesn't perform to his 1984-1997 standards, people are going to leave disappointed, and they're gonna see the reunion for what it's looking to be. I love Soundgarden as much as the next guy, but I'd be much happier if they didn't reunite at all than for the wrong reasons. Trust me, I want them to prove me wrong, but I just have a gut feeling that they won't.

he was a poser looking for relevancy when he recorded a shit r&b parody with timbaland.

singing awesome songs with the band that helped create them is gonna make a lot of people happy. especially for all the soundgarden fans who didn't get to see 'em back in the day. i saw chris open for linkin park and it was cool and all, but a true soundgarden show with Thayil, Cameron and Shepherd would be so much more legit and coolness.

agreed, I was starting to really dislike Chris Cornell. His first solo album wasn't bad but the second just... wasn't something I ever thought he had in him, and to see him actually go all the way and release an album like that really put me off.

I'm glad I have a chance to see Soundgarden live though, for a long time I never thought that would happen and thats why this is great news

This is some of the best news I've heard period. Now is the right time for this. Cornell's voice has really improved. It's gotten better and better slowly over the last 9 years, and I hope it continues to improve more. I have seen moments on youtube where he is actually singing the material just like he did in the old days. One clip where he does the Say Hello To Heaven high vocals at the end perfectly without going into a scream, so he can still do it.

A new album from them would be incredible.

Cornell's first two solo albums to me are brilliant, but far from easily digestible. The last one didn't do a lot for me, but there were some nice moments.

This is some of the best news I've heard period. Now is the right time for this. Cornell's voice has really improved. It's gotten better and better slowly over the last 9 years, and I hope it continues to improve more. I have seen moments on youtube where he is actually singing the material just like he did in the old days. One clip where he does the Say Hello To Heaven high vocals at the end perfectly without going into a scream, so he can still do it.

A new album from them would be incredible.

Cornell's first two solo albums to me are brilliant, but far from easily digestible. The last one didn't do a lot for me, but there were some nice moments.

Cornell did a concert with his new band live on msn a few months before this poppy shit cd came out, for the most part all he sang were soundgarden tunes and hes sounded awsome. he can still sing very much like he use to.

agreed, I was starting to really dislike Chris Cornell. His first solo album wasn't bad but the second just... wasn't something I ever thought he had in him, and to see him actually go all the way and release an album like that really put me off.

I'm glad I have a chance to see Soundgarden live though, for a long time I never thought that would happen and thats why this is great news

Dude, his first solo album was amazing, the 2nd not so, the 3rd meh.

and now I'm aware of Euphoria Morning

that one any good? haha

and now I'm aware of Euphoria Morning

that one any good? haha

Takes a few listens to, not a happy album either but the songwriting is very good, possibly his best album vocally, maybe beaten by Temple of the Dog. It's very different, lots of acoustics, different instruments and styles. Love it.

I put together their setlist for when they come to Perth. Someone pass it on to Chris plz.

Searching With My Good Eye Closed

Outshined

Rusty Cage

Spoonman

Burden In My Hand

Pretty Noose

Mailman

Superunknown

Fell On Black Days

Blow Up The Outside World

Let Me Drown

Fresh Tendrils

Tighter & Tighter

Room A Thousand Years Wide

Drawing Flies

Limo Wreck

Slaves And Bulldozers

Black Hole Sun

..encore..

Like Suicide

Jesus Christ Pose

• 5 weeks later...

I put together their setlist for when they come to Perth. Someone pass it on to Chris plz.

get on the snake

loud love

Outshined

Rusty Cage

Spoonman

Burden In My Hand

Pretty Noose

Mailman

Superunknown

Fell On Black Days

Blow Up The Outside World

Let Me Drown

the day i tried to live

Tighter & Tighter

Room A Thousand Years Wide

Drawing Flies

Limo Wreck

Slaves And Bulldozers

big dumb sex

Black Hole Sun

..encore..

hands all over

reach down

Jesus Christ Pose

fixed cause you didn't touch loud love, despite the new get on the snake vid.

• 2 months later...