LCG

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it a year..

Why you gotta be like that? :no:

Just a hunch.

Not wishing the reunion anything bad.It's just not striking me as 100% sincere.

It has a bit of an STP cash-grab vibe about it.

I dunno...we'll see.

I give it a year..

Why you gotta be like that? :no:

Just a hunch.

Not wishing the reunion anything bad.It's just not striking me as 100% sincere.

It has a bit of an STP cash-grab vibe about it.

I dunno...we'll see.

Don't hate on the Kim Thayil Needs the Money Tour!!

Seriously though, I never had a chance to see them back in the day so I am looking forward to this. Anyone have any info on the supposed box set to be released??

Edited by Mastodonny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw the setlist and I have to say I woulda been a tad disappointed. Not a lot of Superunkown or Down on the Upside. No Jesus Christ Pose? Im sorry but and I the only one who wasnt huge on the pre Badmotorfinger era? I just dont think they were as focused in those days, and thats what a good chunk of the set list at the latest reunion show was

Chris was doing Jesus Christ Pose the last couple of solo tours. For some reason he struggled more with the Soundgarden songs when he was in Audioslave, but when he did the solo shows, he sounded better. Not going to base anything on one warmup show, it could get better or worse.

Edited by dalsh327

Guest Len B'stard

Never listened to this band cept for that one song black hole sun...quite liked it too, dunno why i never...ventured into listening to em.

he was a poser looking for relevancy when he recorded a shit r&b parody with timbaland.

singing awesome songs with the band that helped create them is gonna make a lot of people happy. especially for all the soundgarden fans who didn't get to see 'em back in the day. i saw chris open for linkin park and it was cool and all, but a true soundgarden show with Thayil, Cameron and Shepherd would be so much more legit and coolness.

**rolls eyes**

maybe it was cause timbaland is one the top 5 producers of the decade? Or maybe even because people always say, that cornell has a "soulful" R/B voice......In fact, you can't read any Cornell/Soundgarden review without the reviewer pointing that out.

c'mon.

That might be ,but there was something that just didnt fit ....

One day i was in my friends car and that song came on the radio ..and someone told me it was him and i was like "really ? what the hell ". The whole song just sounded so wrong for him, but it was so weird that i decided to go check out some more and well the feeling didnt change . It felt to me like he was a fish out of the water there .

Timbanland said at the time that it was the best work in his career, but i respectfully disagree :P . Some of the songs on that cd were pretty boring to me like "scream" , or "take me alive" .

Edited by love&hates

• 7 months later...