Winnipeg Show: Official Thread

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He answered this on the forums. If I remember correctly, he doesn't like Illusions because of the drumming and the guitars.

Well then he would change them when he played them live wouldn't he?

The November Rain drums are toned down a bit, for example.

Anyways there's 4 songs from UYI, so it's not totally ignored. I'm sure we'd pick different songs, but that's not our choice.

Live And Let Die

You Could Be Mine

November Rain

Knockin On Heavens Door

This is the CD tour and the majority of the songs are from that quite rightly.

Gn'Rs best album is AFD, so you would imagine the most "back catelogue" stuff they would do is their best songs right?! So to me the setlist makes sense.

Breakdown:

CD - 10

AFD - 8

UYI - 4

Lies - 1

Personally I'd take out ta get me and replace it with Don't Cry or You're Crazy (lies version).

LP

sorry to see people are throwing things. i hope that doesnt keep up.

they should tie a rope from frank to axl, so he cant run and jump into the crowd. just enough so he gets out to the end of the ramp and snaps back. maybe a telephone cord like they used to use on kids before everybody got so sensitive.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

NR has the full intro, like on the album, unlike 2006.

REALLY? FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!! I was just bitching about that yesterday on a Brazilian forum :xmassrudolph:

Axls dog died yesterday! fuck man, that sucks! he dedicates the last part of knockin to his dog!

(Arctic husky dog, his name was mojo... he told the story about how he died then made the dedication)

that really sucks....

How did he die? :(

RIP Mojo.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Will somebody make a "RIP Mojo" thread? Wouldn't really surprise me on this forum.

Anyways, it's always sad when your animal dies. My thoughts to Axl on that.

I don't get it....

You pay a hundred buck for a ticket and you waste it by throwing stuff at people's face ?

I can't stand The Gossip but I sure wouldn't pay for a ticket just to throw shit a Beth Ditto...Even with a free ticket I wouldn't do it, out of respect for those who like her.

But yeah, RIP mojo. Sucks to lose a dog. They are like family members.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, I agree. You have to have something wrong in your head to throw things when you are at a concert. I may not like anyone but Axl very much in this band, but they are still worth respect enough not to throw something on them.

Yeah, I agree. You have to have something wrong in your head to throw things when you are at a concert. I may not like anyone but Axl very much in this band, but they are still worth respect enough not to throw something on them.

I'd never throw anything, personally, but when you consistently advertise yourself as "The Most Dangerous Band in the World" and your latest TV commercial stresses the fact, you can't complain when the crowd gets rowdy. It's rock n' roll. Shit happens.

But yeah, I agree that it's a pretty dumb thing to do.

It's weird how all the reviews (even the positive ones) mention that Axl disappears off stage during the instrumental solos, as if it's anything new...he's been doing this since the Illusion tour. I know he didn't do it for every single song back then like he does now, but I'm not sure why people are only picking up on this now considering it's been this way at least since 2002... :question:

It's weird how all the reviews (even the positive ones) mention that Axl disappears off stage during the instrumental solos, as if it's anything new...he's been doing this since the Illusion tour. I know he didn't do it for every single song back then like he does now, but I'm not sure why people are only picking up on this now considering it's been this way at least since 2002... :question:

Yeah...

I mean, the man needs to pee, have a drink of water... "costume change". Haha

People make a big deal out of everything.