Toronto sold out!

Orsys

How good were the tickets, and how many were you trying to get? If most have sold, they may be calling it a sold out show for the hype, even if some seats here and there are still available. It's not uncommon for a band to do that. Another possibility is that Ticketmaster is releasing extra blocks of tickets, which often happens in the days leading up to the show. Regardless, if this is true it's good news for sure!

No surprise, I've heard of shows being sold out and then suddenly another block of tickets goes up for sale. I'm not sure if it's the band, management or venue staff but they'll suddenly decide that a section they hadn't planned on opening should now be opened up because of the demand. Funny how that works with supply and demand... kind of BS though when they can control the supply of tickets to keep the price high and then if they sell out they open up a couple more blocks of seats. Price fixing anyone?

Don't get me wrong, I think GN'R is worth every penny I spent on my Calgary trip, not to mention the 10 hours I spent driving to get there. :)

but, but, i thought axl only played to 3/4 empty arenas?!?!

BBA im confused. helppp!

Don't you worry Mr. Moon. Even if it is sold out, we'll hear that it was an extremely bored and disappointed sold out crowd...

thats what happened in 06 so lord knows its going to happen this time around.

youre all wasting your time. stop being homos and go to the muse board.

Edited by Jackie Moon

but, but, i thought axl only played to 3/4 empty arenas?!?!

BBA im confused. helppp!

Don't you worry Mr. Moon. Even if it is sold out, we'll hear that it was an extremely bored and disappointed sold out crowd...

thats what happened in 06 so lord knows its going to happen this time around.

youre all waisting your time. stop being homos and go to the muse board.

+ 1

Sold Out usually means... You cannot get more then 2 seats together in many cases. Has anyone tried to order say 4 tickets on TM in the last day? If not. try and see if they have any. Like someone else said. It could also be really close to a sell out and thay are building hype to sell the remaining. There are no bad seats or obstructed views at ACC. It is a great concert venue. Great acoustics. Like I said a few weeks ago. Toronto fans will get whatever tix are left, last minute. Especially with all of the positivity.

Hasn't this always been the way ticketmaster does things? Over the past few years almost all the tickets I've bought were in the last few days leading up to a "sold out" show. The eagles, u2 and nin are 3 that come to mind that were "sold out" within a matter of minutes but I ended up in the first 5 rows for each of these shows. It seems as if ticketmaster holds all the best seats for the last minute. Why? Don't know, but it always seems to happen!

Has anyone tried to order say 4 tickets on TM in the last day?

They must have held a shit load of tickets back, because for fun I just tried searching and I was able to get 8 in a row in lower level section 107, which seem like they would be great seats. I was also able to get 8 in a row for both the second and third tier pricing levels.

Long story short there are obviously still alot of tickets to be had to be able to get that many in a row at all sections, so if you were on the fence it is not too late to get good seats with as many people as you would like to go with.

Has anyone tried to order say 4 tickets on TM in the last day?

They must have held a shit load of tickets back, because for fun I just tried searching and I was able to get 8 in a row in lower level section 107, which seem like they would be great seats. I was also able to get 8 in a row for both the second and third tier pricing levels.

Long story short there are obviously still alot of tickets to be had to be able to get that many in a row at all sections, so if you were on the fence it is not too late to get good seats with as many people as you would like to go with.

Totally unrelated Naupis, but, I have to say: I'm very happy to see you turn over a new leaf for GN'R. I remember your posts used to be overly negative for awhile (with good reason many times), but now it seems as if you've adjusted or hell just plain ol' like the new band.

Good shit.

It wouldn't surprise me, if Toronto, is SOLD-OUT, (Again!!!) one bit!!! rock3

This will be my 3rd time, seeing New GNR in Toronto and each and everytime I've seen them, it's been the best concert that I've seen from any other band, for that given year. :thumbsup:

I've been to a fair amount of concerts in my life but, there's never been nothing like going to a GNR show. The overall atmosphere and mood is just surreal.

Certain people and The Media in general, can and do say things about Axl but, there's no denying that Axl knows how to entertain people and put on one helluva' kick-ass show!!! rock2

The dude's a living legend.

I laughed my ass off at Axl, when he asked the Toronto audience in 2006, if he was boring them and was wondering why everyone was falling asleep. :confused:

This will be my 3rd time, seeing New GNR in Toronto and each and everytime I've seen them, it's been the best concert that I've seen from any other band, for that given year. :thumbsup:

I've been to a fair amount of concerts in my life but, there's never been nothing like going to a GNR show. The overall atmosphere and mood is just surreal.

Certain people and The Media in general, can and do say things about Axl but, there's no denying that Axl knows how to entertain people and put on one helluva' kick-ass show!!! rock2

I laughed my ass off at Axl, when he asked the Toronto audience in 2006, if he was boring them and was wondering why everyone was falling asleep. :confused:

Yea, Toronto is a big hub for GnR, a sell out show wouldn't surprise me. I think Montreal will sell out too, London should do good too.

Hasn't this always been the way ticketmaster does things? Over the past few years almost all the tickets I've bought were in the last few days leading up to a "sold out" show. The eagles, u2 and nin are 3 that come to mind that were "sold out" within a matter of minutes but I ended up in the first 5 rows for each of these shows. It seems as if ticketmaster holds all the best seats for the last minute. Why? Don't know, but it always seems to happen!

so ticket scalpers don't buy em' all up

Remember 02' (jersey phase) when he put all on the toronto team jerseys at once for paradise city LMAO!!! Or when he told the story about Columbus. He said everyone was rioting when they got there "Was I late?" LOL

this SHOULD affect the setlist. Hopefully they understand that this crowd has seen GnR before, and we want to hear the new stuff.

Give me There Was A Time, and I'll be more than satisfied! Really can't wait for this show. :)

Edited by sofine11