Letters To The Editor About Guns London (Jan. 25) Show

JungleCat

I didn't see these anywhere but mods please delete if they've already been posted.

----------------------

Lack of Security Disturbing

I was dismayed by the lack of security and crowd control conducted by the John Labatt Centre at the Guns N' Roses concert. Prior to the concert, several females conducted lewd acts. Disrobing of streetware and undergarments, bending over, allowing others to smack their bottoms and breasts, and so on are not and should not be considered acceptable public acts by any stretch of the imagination.

Camera and lighting staff highlighted these females, and displayed them on the big screens. No actions were taken to curtail these actions by JLC staff. There were countless young persons in the audience who witnessed every moment.

What message does it send? What it tells me is I will not take my son to any event at the JLC because I can obviously not trust staff to ensure that community standards are upheld.

Good job, London Free Press and JLC, for alienating a reader and event participant.

Posted By: JA Collings, London

Posted On: January 27, 2010

Editors Note: As published in The London Free Press on Jan. 27, 2010.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guns N' Roses concert no place for children

Regarding the letter Lack of security disturbing (Jan. 27) .

While I understand that the behaviour exhibited the night of the concert was not appropriate for children, I must question why children were brought to such an event in the first place. This is a Guns N' Roses concert, not a Miley Cyrus extravaganza. The moniker for Guns N' Roses is "the most dangerous band in the world."

This is not a PG-rated affair and basic understanding of who the performers were should have indicated that bringing children might not be appropriate.

Furthermore, as a member of the crowd at the show, I can attest to the fact that security was quite stringent. In all three cases where certain women disrobed, security was present to prevent further action.

Posted By: Andrew Downs, Toronto

Posted On: February 1, 2010

Editors Note: As published in The London Free Press on Feb. 1, 2010.

'There's always one' - as we say in the uk!

I was at a Mettalica gig a while ago in Sheffield, had the same thing, bloody idiots moaning about how loud it was, people getting drunk etc.... I had to say what do you expect, this is a heavy metal concert not a fucking rendition of Hamlet.

Non sexual nudity is not a threat to any child. There's just a pair of boobs. Half the world has them and the rest will see them at some point. Get over it.

Not to mention they likely saw them and sucked on them when they were babies. There was a thread about taking kids to concerts in Anything Goes a few months ago, someone should try to dig it up.

I mean, forget the boobs and loud music, what are those kids doing up so late? Even starting on time, the concert would have gone to midnight.

I suppose an "age appropriate" comment on tickets could be appropriate though. Even if only to protect against the drugs! I certainly got second hand stoned at GnR!!

Nice, glad to see my letter to the editor was printed. I'll have to get a copy of that.

Going to a Guns N' Roses concert entails many things; some of those are not meant for children. To blame a venue's arena or the audience itself for not doing due diligence as a parent is not acceptable.

Thanks for letting me know about this, I was wondering the other day if this was going to be printed.

Cheers,

Andrew

Chicks always get their tits out at AC/DC shows, dads and sons never seem to mind haha..

That's bonding IMO

In the 4 times I saw AC/DC between '08 and '09, I didn't see a single titty. Actually, I can only remember seeing any boobs at all at Ozzfest '05, and Cruefest 1 (For obvious reasons)

Chicks always get their tits out at AC/DC shows, dads and sons never seem to mind haha..

That's bonding IMO

In the 4 times I saw AC/DC between '08 and '09, I didn't see a single titty. Actually, I can only remember seeing any boobs at all at Ozzfest '05, and Cruefest 1 (For obvious reasons)

Serious?

Always goes down during the jack, saw them twice, plenty of tits both times

Your crowds sucked

That's bonding IMO

Serious?

Always goes down during the jack, saw them twice, plenty of tits both times

Your crowds sucked

Nope never. Actually, our crowds were alright. The 11/7/08 Toronto show was crazy as fuck, as was Foxborough 7/28/09. Toronto 1/9/09 was so-so, and Buffalo 10/18/09 was pretty dead.

I didn't see these anywhere but mods please delete if they've already been posted.

----------------------

Lack of Security Disturbing

I was dismayed by the lack of security and crowd control conducted by the John Labatt Centre at the Guns N' Roses concert. Prior to the concert, several females conducted lewd acts. Disrobing of streetware and undergarments, bending over, allowing others to smack their bottoms and breasts, and so on are not and should not be considered acceptable public acts by any stretch of the imagination.

Camera and lighting staff highlighted these females, and displayed them on the big screens. No actions were taken to curtail these actions by JLC staff. There were countless young persons in the audience who witnessed every moment.

What message does it send? What it tells me is I will not take my son to any event at the JLC because I can obviously not trust staff to ensure that community standards are upheld.

Good job, London Free Press and JLC, for alienating a reader and event participant.

Posted By: JA Collings, London

Posted On: January 27, 2010

Editors Note: As published in The London Free Press on Jan. 27, 2010.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guns N' Roses concert no place for children

Regarding the letter Lack of security disturbing (Jan. 27) .

While I understand that the behaviour exhibited the night of the concert was not appropriate for children, I must question why children were brought to such an event in the first place. This is a Guns N' Roses concert, not a Miley Cyrus extravaganza. The moniker for Guns N' Roses is "the most dangerous band in the world."

This is not a PG-rated affair and basic understanding of who the performers were should have indicated that bringing children might not be appropriate.

Furthermore, as a member of the crowd at the show, I can attest to the fact that security was quite stringent. In all three cases where certain women disrobed, security was present to prevent further action.

Posted By: Andrew Downs, Toronto

Posted On: February 1, 2010

Editors Note: As published in The London Free Press on Feb. 1, 2010.

Exactly! WTF is a parent doing bringing a child to a late nite rock concert with a bunch of Drunks & a band with lyrics such as " Why don't you Just FUCK OFF!" & "Turn around Bitch I got a Use for YOU?" to name a few. It's like complaining about nudity in an R rated Movie- gimme a fucking break!! :rolleyes:

BTW, I saw boobies , but NO FONDLING! & if there was fondling, why wasn't I notified?? :P

Edited by IRS2008