What are the chances of GNR releasing a live DVD from this tour?

Towelie

tokyo would be worth it as he actually bothered to care what the fans wanted, i mean how can he justify 70 quid a ticket and not play catcher or twat !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm im thinkin maybe slash has a point about him, and axl is my idol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on he put everything he had into the canadian leg of the tour I would like to see Montreal released

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tokyo would be worth it as he actually bothered to care what the fans wanted, i mean how can he justify 70 quid a ticket and not play catcher or twat !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm im thinkin maybe slash has a point about him, and axl is my idol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on he put everything he had into the canadian leg of the tour I would like to see Montreal released

Maybe at the end of this CD tour, he could put out either a 2 CD album or DVD with about 25-30 songs in their best performances. That Better Include Scraped, Catcher In The Rye, Prostitute, There Was A Time and Whole Lotta Rosie B)

Edited by Screamin Demon

I think this would be a great idea. Seeing as there were no music videos for any of the Chinese Democracy tracks, I think this would be a great way of getting people to embrace New Guns. It might help people see them as there own band and stop the incessant "that's not really GNR" comments.

Old Guns have two official live DVDs and if Axl wants people outside of the hardcores to accept New Guns I think he has to give people something visual.

Aside from that, how cool would it be to watch high resolution pro-shot live performances of songs from the new album?? It would also give the fans something to tide us over until the next record....

Another great 'they should conventionally do this'...please stop all these stupid threads, have you not learned that you should set your expectations very low with Axl?

The chances are fucking zero

Edited by GeorgeGlass

I think this would be a great idea. Seeing as there were no music videos for any of the Chinese Democracy tracks, I think this would be a great way of getting people to embrace New Guns. It might help people see them as there own band and stop the incessant "that's not really GNR" comments.

Old Guns have two official live DVDs and if Axl wants people outside of the hardcores to accept New Guns I think he has to give people something visual.

Aside from that, how cool would it be to watch high resolution pro-shot live performances of songs from the new album?? It would also give the fans something to tide us over until the next record....

Another great 'they should conventionally do this'...please stop all these stupid threads, have you not learned that you should set your expectations very low with Axl?

Well in that case then, Axl is undermining his own success.

He's been doing that for 10 years, so why change now? If he had gotten his shit together in the late 90's, we'd be looking at a reformed Guns now over 10 years in existance, longer than the original lineup. But leave it to Axl to blame the lawyers (and Slash) for the entire mess he got himself into. No accountability whatsoever, according to his posts on this forum. I lost a lot of respect for him after reading his 'woe is me' statements and never once saying that he was to blame in part for the breakup.

It's 2010 and Axl's basically starting all over, at the age of 48, with brand new guys - that's why it's no surprise that demand isn't real high. To boot, the 'epic' Chinese Democracy went off like a dud firecracker. He's basically left with a fanbase consisting of the hardcores and mildly curious.

He's been doing that for 10 years, so why change now? If he had gotten his shit together in the late 90's, we'd be looking at a reformed Guns now over 10 years in existance, longer than the original lineup. But leave it to Axl to blame the lawyers (and Slash) for the entire mess he got himself into. No accountability whatsoever, according to his posts on this forum. I lost a lot of respect for him after reading his 'woe is me' statements and never once saying that he was to blame in part for the breakup.

It's 2010 and Axl's basically starting all over, at the age of 48, with brand new guys - that's why it's no surprise that demand isn't real high. To boot, the 'epic' Chinese Democracy went off like a dud firecracker. He's basically left with a fanbase consisting of the hardcores and mildly curious.

Fuck you're right maybe he should have done some shit with MJ, Fergie and Jamie Fox.

how can he justify 70 quid a ticket and not play catcher or twat !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm im thinkin maybe slash has a point about him, and axl is my idol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because he didn't play your two favourites?? He can't play what everybody wants all of the time.

Exactly, I've never been to a concert where I heard every single song I wanted to hear. I was at the Moncton show last week and it was un-fricken-believable!! Axl and the whole band sounded spot on and the whole stage show was amazing!! It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to!!! Sure there were a couple I wouldve liked to hear but we still got almost 3 hours of music which is more than most bands will give you! Say what you want but you definately get your money's worth at a Gn'R show!!!

Just found this on HTGTH:

"I have a friend who owns a shop of cd's/dvd's and he just told me about it and that its from tha last tour.

I guess thats why AXL weard the same clothes during that tour on the same songs.

Hope its true!

A 3 hours dvd sounds good to me"

Fuck you're right maybe he should have done some shit with MJ, Fergie and Jamie Fox.

Don't put MJ in the same category as that skank Fergie and Jamie Fox.

There's no shame in collaborating with a music legend.

It was a sarcastic remark as to what Axl could have done to help his fan base... Personally I'm glad he didn't take that path.

I wouldn't be surprised if he broadcasts the concert on cable or in theaters. If there is a DVD planned, it won't be until the tour is finished.

The one they should finish and release is the UYI tour documentary...

I seriously doubt we'll ever see The Perfect Crime.