TO END ALL GUITAR DEBATE

springclean

Who's your favourite guitarist in CD-era Guns?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Ron overall. He's an amazing player and he always goes above and beyond for fans. Even though he didn't contribute to the writing of Chinese Democracy, the parts he did definitely added to the songs rather than took away, to me anyways.

In terms of technical talent, I still think it's Ron. Buckethead is in a league of his own as a guitarist and has created some really beautiful, melodic music (Electric Tears comes to mind, as well as Colma) as well as some pure shred, but I think Bumblefoot can "out shred" him, if that makes sense. Not that playing fast is everything, of course. Ron is able to cover all the parts in Guns (Buckethead and Slash), and when you watch those guitar clinic videos where he just wings a song by playing multiple parts and the vocal melody at the same time, it's quite unbelievable. He's extremely good at that kind of stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I put Buckethead and DJ Ashba. Buckethead for his CD recordings and specially for nuKOHD and DJ for being the best thing that has ever happened to nuGnR.

How is he the best thing to ever happen to nuGNR when we haven't heard a GNR song by him? Are you basing it off his sixx am or Motley Crue work?