TO END ALL GUITAR DEBATE

springclean

Who's your favourite guitarist in CD-era Guns?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BH largely cos I really like BBF as a person, but as a guitar player, whilst extremely fast, when he solo's it just sounds like he's doing for the sake of doing it, whereas I think BH has a bit more melody in there. Of course, just my opinion. I also think that because BH recorded CD, and BBF just jammed over existing tracks, it's an unfair poll anyway =p

xXx

DJ Ashba. :thumbsup:

Mostly personal preference because I think they were all great and contributed so much to GNR in their own unique ways. Ashba seems more "GNRish" to me though. He seems to fit better imo. Plus, I think he seems to appeal more to the younger generation GNR fans.

If I am to judge on CD only : then Buckethead, obviously.

If I am to judge on tour : Bumblefoot and Buckethead are on par, even though I'm really impressed by how Ron changed his playing style especially for this tour.

If I am to judge on their solo discography and as guitarists in general : Ron Thal, by far.

I can almost touch some of Bucket's stuff if I work really hard, I'll never be able to play anything by Ron Thal ( I mean average difficulty solos by both guitarists, not rythm guitar ).

I like Bucket's tone better, but Bumblefoot's stuff is way harder and he comes with techiques of his own. His playing is VERY original. It's not just shred. He adds in polyrythmic "patterns", thimble, fretless, all while singing...insanely unplayable stuff.

If I am to judge on CD only : then Buckethead, obviously.

If I am to judge on tour : Bumblefoot and Buckethead are on par, even though I'm really impressed by how Ron changed his playing style especially for this tour.

If I am to judge on their solo discography and as guitarists in general : Ron Thal, by far.

I can almost touch some of Bucket's stuff if I work really hard, I'll never be able to play anything by Ron Thal ( I mean average difficulty solos by both guitarists, not rythm guitar ).

I like Bucket's tone better, but Bumblefoot's stuff is way harder and he comes with techiques of his own. His playing is VERY original. It's not just shred. He adds in polyrythmic "patterns", thimble, fretless, all while singing...insanely unplayable stuff.

Same here, Ron does stuff that was never even thought of. A good amount of people that say Buckethead is the most talented in terms of skill have never heard any of Bumbles solo stuff. I put it this way, Bucket is evolutionary, Bumble is revolutionary.

It's a toss up between Fortus, Bumble and Buckethead.

Exactly what has Fortus done apart from the occasional kick ass solo spot on tour? He can't even be heard on the album.

I base it on his performance live, the guy just oozes rock n roll. He really can steal the spotlight from Axl at times.