Do you guys think Axl's finishing up CD II in New York right now?

ITW 2012

Whenever I read that BOOM all I picture is the cover of Chinese D. 2 with the How Are You Grenade. (Look at that picture. There is one thing the bike cover of Chinese D. has in common with the Grenade cover. On each is an arrow. One is the road sign. The other is made from what appears to be blood droplets forming an arrow. Both are directing us right)

Anyway, I agree with what you're saying. I will be a happy guy on the day I can hear tracks like Seven, The General, Oklahoma, and Thyme.

This wouldn't surprise me either----but then again neither would another extended wait.

For me, the justification that this could be true, and we could see the followup album drop pretty quick comes down to two things:

1.Axl didn't spend 15 years working on just the tracks we have now---that's for damn sure. If I had to bet, I would bet that there are quite a few songs including some of the best he's ever done in quite advanced stages of completion (based on the chats, and information that has trickled to us over the years I think this is a no brainer)---{side note 2- now just b/c Axl has a bunch of great songs in advanced stages of completion, doesn't mean a damn thing, cuz he could decide he wants to move in an entirely different direction or what ever.......only thing that's for sure is nothing's for sure}

2.We all know Axl does things on his time table, when he's ready, and that recent article lending speculation to the fact that Axl's working on the follow up to CD, and has something to prove, while the writer was definitely coming off sensationalistic and coattail riding in some respects-----it also sounds plausible---from the standpoint that Axl no doubt wants to be the best, and is known for extending a "grand gesture" or two at times (Secret gigs, 2 album release of the illusions, live discussion with the fans, etc etc etc etc all grand & unexpected).....given the amount of buzz and positive press, etc etc perhaps his ultimate plan is to ride that wave and gain momentum then drop the followup and BOOM

GNR's back @ number 1.

Pure speculation & conjecture?-----YES. Plausible & Possible?----YES! Likely?----Not so much.

But I wouldn't count it outside the realm of possibility either. :D

Whenever I read that BOOM all I picture is the cover of Chinese D. 2 with the How Are You Grenade. (Look at that picture. There is one thing the bike cover of Chinese D. has in common with the Grenade cover. On each is an arrow. One is the road sign. The other is made from what appears to be blood droplets forming an arrow. Both are directing us right)

Anyway, I agree with what you're saying. I will be a happy guy on the day I can hear tracks like Seven, The General, Oklahoma, and Thyme.

Edited by Stipemanblue

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think that things are going to move forward. This is the best we've seen of Axl and the band since the new band began. This seems to be a really solid lineup that gets along, and has great chemistry. Axl looks badass, is in great shape, and his voice is in my opinion, the best it's ever been, and likely to get even better. There is an energy to this whole thing that is new and fresh.

There is momentum. I think they will tour and after wards, jump into promotion. A second album will come, absolutely, but they have to tour off CD first.

I just have really good feelings about this whole thing. Best I've ever felt since new GNR began. I all the dots connected, and now, they are able to move forward. Axl must have settled a lot of business and personal issues, plus the weight of the CD release is gone, and I think for the first time they can move forward.

This wouldn't surprise me either----but then again neither would another extended wait.

For me, the justification that this could be true, and we could see the followup album drop pretty quick comes down to two things:

1.Axl didn't spend 15 years working on just the tracks we have now---that's for damn sure. If I had to bet, I would bet that there are quite a few songs including some of the best he's ever done in quite advanced stages of completion (based on the chats, and information that has trickled to us over the years I think this is a no brainer)---{side note 2- now just b/c Axl has a bunch of great songs in advanced stages of completion, doesn't mean a damn thing, cuz he could decide he wants to move in an entirely different direction or what ever.......only thing that's for sure is nothing's for sure}

2.We all know Axl does things on his time table, when he's ready, and that recent article lending speculation to the fact that Axl's working on the follow up to CD, and has something to prove, while the writer was definitely coming off sensationalistic and coattail riding in some respects-----it also sounds plausible---from the standpoint that Axl no doubt wants to be the best, and is known for extending a "grand gesture" or two at times (Secret gigs, 2 album release of the illusions, live discussion with the fans, etc etc etc etc all grand & unexpected).....given the amount of buzz and positive press, etc etc perhaps his ultimate plan is to ride that wave and gain momentum then drop the followup and BOOM

GNR's back @ number 1.

Pure speculation & conjecture?-----YES. Plausible & Possible?----YES! Likely?----Not so much.

There were songs left off of "Chinese Democracy", so whatever's left added with a few new songs, we'll probably get something in the next couple of years.

I've brought up John Fogerty of CCR before, because he spent years not recording for the same reasons we hadn't heard from GNR for 15 years. Fogerty went from the mid 70s to the mid 80s focused more on dealing with lawsuits from his record company and former bandmates, came out with 2 albums back to back, then dealt with more lawsuits, which wound up derailing him for another decade. By the end of the 90s, he started resurfacing with new music and touring more and more frequently. He refuses to do anything with the other guys from CCR, except accepting an award at the Rock Hall. They played together once in the mid 80s, at a high school reunion, because they all went to school together, but outside of that, there will continue to be a Creedence Revisited tour and a Fogerty tour. It's more likely for GNR to get back together than CCR ever will.

So, if there's no legal issues that Axl's entangled with, there will be more music to come... and I wouldn't be surprised if he decides not to do an album, but just put the songs out online for downloading. If the internet existed back in '90, how many copies would "Civil War" have sold?

GNR's back @ number 1.

There were songs left off of "Chinese Democracy", so whatever's left added with a few new songs, we'll probably get something in the next couple of years.

I've brought up John Fogerty of CCR before, because he spent years not recording for the same reasons we hadn't heard from GNR for 15 years. Fogerty went from the mid 70s to the mid 80s focused more on dealing with lawsuits from his record company and former bandmates, came out with 2 albums back to back, then dealt with more lawsuits, which wound up derailing him for another decade. By the end of the 90s, he started resurfacing with new music and touring more and more frequently. He refuses to do anything with the other guys from CCR, except accepting an award at the Rock Hall. They played together once in the mid 80s, at a high school reunion, because they all went to school together, but outside of that, there will continue to be a Creedence Revisited tour and a Fogerty tour. It's more likely for GNR to get back together than CCR ever will.

So, if there's no legal issues that Axl's entangled with, there will be more music to come... and I wouldn't be surprised if he decides not to do an album, but just put the songs out online for downloading. If the internet existed back in '90, how many copies would "Civil War" have sold?

yeah i wonder sometimes about how many lawsuits axl is involved in, he made it sound like getting chinese democracy released was another big fight against the record company, but i wonder why

GNR should be landing in South America today, so I doubt they're still in NYC.

facebook update 25 minutes ago-

Bumblefoot Leaving for Brazil!! Staying off the computer while on tour - no emails, only Twitter/FB status updates... will be in touch soon!

I would think if they were even remotely close to finishing up a CDII, that there would be additional songs unheard of yet included in the song list during his recent tours. Besides I do not think it would be fair of the band to push additional material unto DJ Ashba so soon after joining the band. He still has to work on and refine his techniques for the large volume of music that has already been released. Lets not put the poor kid on guitar overload.

Itr would make sense for him to be working on the album now. Because of the band in a whole is great and Axl is sounding great right now. It's obviously that Axl didn't just work on the 14 tracks we got on Chinese Democracy for 15 years. He obviously has many more tracks done and finished lyrically and musically. They probably just have to re-record a few tracks with DJ Ashba or maybe write some new songs, which would be cool.

Also, I have a good feeling that, how great the band is doing now, and seeing as though the first album came out in 2008, we could be seeing the album before late this year or next year. They obviouly aren't going to wait another 6 years to release the follow up. It's pretty well known that Axl probably owns Geffen and Universial a few more albums. What doesn't seem reasonable to me is why Axl didn't release it in the late 90's or early 00's, it's just strange that it was 2008 and now all we have to do is wait and hope for the next 2 albums that we are supposed to get. Would be cool to have a brand new album with completely unheard material, excluding the supposed 15 second clip of Checkmate.

I think we will be getting Chinese Democracy 2 before the end of this year. We'll just have to wait and see. Nothing is ever reasonable with Guns N' Roses.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Whatever the outcome, these are exciting times to be a GNR fan!!

I would have to completely agree here. it's a damn good time to be a fan......

With regard to the possibilities surrounding CD II I would bet my last dollar that Axl is indeed planning a follow up to CD..------I think by virtue of all accounts including axl's own that is indisputable.

Question is When will it come out.........Too many factors but consider:

With CD it seems that the proverbial monkey is off his back---He made it thru the lawsuits, the bullshit, the allegations, the legal hassles and betrayals.......and he's still standin'!

Others have speculated that the silence following the release was due to contract/promotion disputes etc-----plausible theory.

Now that the exclusive BBY deal is done, Axl is truly bringing the band back in a big way----buzz builds......and then would be a great time for a follow up. Depends on how long he wants to work CD----but as we know Axl is one crafty mofo-------he know's the drill and HOW to promote and build a buzz and work the media-----he just does NOT GIVE A FUCK........he does it on his terms, his time, consequences be damned. Can be a tough way of doing things----especially in this business climate and in an industry in which the jag off record companies do everything they can to milk every penny out of any act that even smells of a hit and then dropping them cold------but Axl doesn't care.....his Art, his Vision.....

He's truly refrained from selling out like so many others------and I think this next release will be taken deadly serious by the band......with all of their considerable talents put behind it......can't wait til they decide it's time!

Jayce

I've got a feeling we've got freedom coming our way. This band unshackled from the chains of GNR's ghost, not having to deal lyrically with the past just being in the moment jammin about partying in the american bankruptcy era.

I've got a feeling we've got freedom coming our way. This band unshackled from the chains of GNR's ghost, not having to deal lyrically with the past just being in the moment jammin about partying in the american bankruptcy era.

I have a feeling you're right Mr. Sheen.

An end of the world "Fuck It" type album is what I'm hearing in my head. Black Bond starring in If the World Wasn't Enough.

Yep. Axl knows the score. I am pretty confident there will be a late 2012 release for cd 2. If we are incredibly lucky and the stars align correctly, there an outside chance for cd 2 in 2011, the cd3 in 2012.

Whatever the case, if Axl times it right and the popular interpretation of the end of the Mayan calender is accurate-which I personally doubt honestly, I don't see an apocalyptic end, I see an ascension of one segment of the human race to a higher plane and a falling away of the rest-then GN'R WILL provide the soundtrack to Armageddon down here in the Bunker.