Sorry and Crucify the Dead

Megan

Sorry is an amazingly emotional and brilliant song. It speaks towards Slash (and others possibly) from a human standpoint. Crucify The Dead is basically from one bandmember to another, it's all about the band, not the personal relationships, or it's simply about how personal relationships ruined the band. Either way, CTD is basically the same shit 'fans' have been throwing at Axl for years.

And to say that Ozzy wrote the lyrics to CTD is complete absurdity. It has been stated by almost every individual that has worked with Ozzy that he does not write any lyrics, simply vocal melodies. Ozzy, like Slash, is a mainstream whore and product. In the 80s, people wrote tracks from Ozzy building him up to be this dark invidivual, now they write for him as a misunderstood family man (reality tv Ozzy). Either way, it's just imagery being sold to 12 year olds.

Considering that the lyrics to CTD are so poorly constructed I could see how this could be Ozzy's very first attempt, however I am tempted to believe that Slash wrote this song same as on Snakepit. Slash probably knows he's out for good, is pissed, but doesn't want to say this is his track in order to not further agitate the already unreparable situation. CTD was supposed to be the first single, but got in the way of Ozzy's new release. Once again, imagery sells, and no doubt Slash wanted a good anti-Axl track for press. He's been living off the GNR name for years. And why would Ozzy go along with this? Both he and other members of his clan have derided the current state of GNR before and he is friends with Slash and his family.

lol

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks CTD sounds similar to Sorry. The open guitar sound very similar, I donk know what, it just does to me. Crucify the Dead is a good song, but I just can't take it seriously because it's more of a song bashing Axl than a regular song. Even though Sorry is about Slash (it is, no matter what Axl say's) I like it better than CTD. Reason is because its a very dark, slow song but has a great guitar solo and lyrics. But it's funny because every itme I listen to Sorry, I think of Slash and the breakup, just like everytime I listen to CTD, I think of Axl and the Breakup. The lyrics really speak for themselves about who their about. Even though Ozzy rote the lryics, I think Slash had a play in them to, no matter how much Slash seems to "appreciate" Axl.

Like I said before, I think Slash is he manipulative snake who praises Axl than bites him in the ass with Crucify the Dead, I don't care If Ozzy wrote the lyrics. The song is about Axl and even when he's calls him "fucking great" and releases a song about Axl with the line "to me your dead", it's kind of head straching to who Slash really is, a truth-teller or a manipulator and a liar.

CTD is a perfect Ozzy song.

Sorry is classic GNR.

Sorry if my fave song on the album but sadly the weak link on the song is its lyrics. The lyrics are really childish. The music is amazing esp BH and Robin, but some of the lyrics are just really meh. The chorus is great, but some of the verses are really lame while others are really good.

The count chocalua "i dont want to do it" part still makes me laugh.

Edited by gnr-dave

CTD is a perfect Ozzy song.

Sorry is classic GNR.

Sorry if my fave song on the album but sadly the weak link on the song is its lyrics. The lyrics are really childish. The music is amazing esp BH and Robin, but some of the lyrics are just really meh. The chorus is great, but some of the verses are really lame while others are really good.

The count chocalua "i dont want to do it" part still makes me laugh.

For GNR fans maybe we read stuff into the lyrics which makes us biased. Maybe a wider audience wouldn't so much, I guess people would just hear the chorus and epic guitarson the radio/tv. It's atmospheric, catchy chorus. It's a bit talk to the hand but that might catch on.

Childish in comparison to Bad Romance?

To me it's more menacing than childish but really no one is listening that closely, so keep it simple.

It would be a great statement for Axl to get on MTV. It has an attitude, it's a sophisticated fuck you.

Calling Slash "a Cancer" did more damage to Axl than it did to Slash.

+1

Axl was out of order. Without Slash, the world would have never know of Axl ;)

Umm yes they would. They didn't even want Slash in the beginning. He was annoying and followed them everywhere until they gave in. It's easier to find guitarists then it is revolutionary, legendary, hall of fame frontmen. So in that regaurd, the world would have known of Axl, and it's easy to say Slash got lucky in landing the GNR guitarist gig.

+1

Umm yes they would. They didn't even want Slash in the beginning. He was annoying and followed them everywhere until they gave in. It's easier to find guitarists then it is revolutionary, legendary, hall of fame frontmen. So in that regaurd, the world would have known of Axl, and it's easy to say Slash got lucky in landing the GNR guitarist gig.

Actually...it wasn't until SCOM that AFD got radio play and saw sales. Seeing as how that's a Slash song......

I'm just saying Axl would have been noticed anyways. He's too magnificant to not be noticed. Slash would have been noticed too, just not as much.

In All fairness to Axlites and Slashites at the time of AFD they needed Each Other

Edited by iftheworld

+1

lolwut.

You make it seem like Slash was stalking them. Axl was the one who wanted Slash in his band in the first place. And if it wasn't for Slash, Axl wouldn't have even gone in the direction of AFD, therefore he probably wouldn't have been noticed.

They needed each other to be successful.

+1

lolwut.

You make it seem like Slash was stalking them. Axl was the one who wanted Slash in his band in the first place. And if it wasn't for Slash, Axl wouldn't have even gone in the direction of AFD, therefore he probably wouldn't have been noticed.

They needed each other to be successful.

No no no. Guns N Roses Documentary on VH1 states Slash wanted to be in GNR and the other guys were like whatever and didn't want him at first. I think it was either Axl or Duff talking about it.

Edited by iftheworld

No no no. Guns N Roses Documentary on VH1 states Slash wanted to be in GNR and the other guys were like whatever and didn't want him at first. I think it was either Axl or Duff talking about it.

At first yes, but when Tracii left Axl specifically wanted Slash in the band. He said so himself.

Yes you are right. What I was stating was he said no several times before that. That's what I meant. Actually they met through a mutual friend not by Duff, sorry about that. Just think what would have happened if Tracii didn't leave.

Edited by iftheworld

Yes you are right. What I was stating was he said no several times before that. That's what I meant. Actually they met through a mutual friend not by Duff, sorry about that. Just think what would have happened if Tracii didn't leave.

If Tracii didn't leave, this board wouldn't be here..

And Axl would be pumping gas in Indiana or driving tractors in Alabama.

Highly doubt that considering Axl left Indiana for LA, THEN met Slash. You Slashites give Slash too much credit. Tracii was just fine in my book.

Highly doubt that considering Axl left Indiana for LA, THEN met Slash. You Slashites give Slash too much credit. Tracii was just fine in my book.

Yeah, and LA Guns will be remembered for......nothing. The Original 5 were at the right place at the right time. No one else but these 5 would have made the magic happen .

I wish Axl would have met Buckethead instead of Slash in the 80's.

how the hell did you get into GNR anyways? if it was because of Chinesse Democracy then what's there to complain about the past?... or do you miss the old days and wish it was all the past?

I wish Axl would have met Buckethead instead of Slash in the 80's.

how the hell did you get into GNR anyways? if it was because of Chinesse Democracy then what's there to complain about the past?... or do you miss the old days and wish it was all the past?

I got into GNR because of Axl Rose.