Sorry and Crucify the Dead

Megan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like both songs

as for that whole axl vs slash battle - as much as I'd like to see them bury the hatchet - I doubt that will ever happen

personally i think Axl needs to grow up a little and let go of the past but it doesnt seem like that will happen as well

Both are really great songs, Sorry clinches it for me though, I love how it treads this very fine line between ballad and rocker yet it still maintains this very powerful intensity,. Crucify has some really nice moments, the vocals and melody leading into the solo and the solo itself are great but at the same time itdoesn't really try to be anything more than it can be, it sticks to its foundation which is a shame because there were clearly a lot of avenues that song could have gone down. Instead it sticks to a straight line policy, if that makes any sense. That's the one thing that bugs me about Slash at times, he doesn't seem to be willing to go too far enough out of his comfort zone which I think is a shame. Promise is still the best song he has done since leaving Guns though.

Crucify The Dead would have been good in the early 90's ..now it seems musically irrelevant. Whereas, Sorry still feels new, although it draws from alot of classic rock influences. Slash' entire album is okay, but seems to lack direction for me, maybe it's cause there isn't just one lead singer...never been a big fan of these types of Albums.

Crucify The Dead would have been good in the early 90's ..now it seems musically irrelevant. Whereas, Sorry still feels new, although it draws from alot of classic rock influences. Slash' entire album is okay, but seems to lack direction for me, maybe it's cause there isn't just one lead singer...never been a big fan of these types of Albums.

I think Ozzy's post-Sabbath stuff has had a 90s feel even before the 90s. Crucify sounds like a song that would be on Ozmossis, which is my favourite Ozzy album. 'Sorry' is a 70s song. It's nothing new. The thing with a lot of young GNR fans (I was once like you) is they listen predominantly to GNR and GNR-member related music. You think because Axl adds some synths to a hard rock sound, it's new and modern? A band called The Tea Party started doing that in 1994. They were/are an amazing band that basically picked up where Zeppelin left off with Kashmir, and threw in some electronica. They also have really good rockers.

CD didn't impress me at all, because everything on that album sounds like 70s, 80s and 90s music with protools plugins. It was terribly produced. There are audible track cuts, badly mixed overdubs... it was a disaster. I have over 10,000 albums in my collection, and I think I have to say, CD was probably one of the worst mastering disasters. (Probably not Axl's fault)

Slash's CD, has a cohesive sound, despite the changing singers. I wasn't a fan of the production on VR's albums, but Slash's is great I find. At least it speaks to my ears. I've never really said it on these boards before because I'm supposed to be a huge Slash fan, but Snakepit wasn't really my thing aside from two or three songs of 5 o'clock and VR was semi-exciting, but I literally cannot stop listening to the new cd. It's brilliant and has concretely proven to me that Slash doesn't need Axl.

Guest Sweet Tooth

I can't compare Sorry with Crucify the dead, one is awesome and has Axl singing the other is an average song and Ozzy sings like shit

I was starting to think I was the only one who didn't like Crucify the Dead.

Thirded, many other better songs on Slash's album.

It's brilliant and has concretely proven to me that Slash doesn't need Axl.

Completely agree.

I wish after hearing CD that I could've said the same thing about Axl, but I can't.

Don't worry... many Gn'R fans are satisfied with how Chinese Democracy turned out and without the leaks before the release, I think many more would be.

p.s.

I agree that Slash's album is great.

both songs are great, but sorry is a bit more epic so id have to go with that, but if Slash was to play over Sorry, oh man....be kinda ironic tho...

If Slash played on that song it wouldn't sound anything like the one we have at the moment. I doubt Slash would have gone for it if Axl pitched an early demo to him, too far out of his comfort zone.

both songs are great, but sorry is a bit more epic so id have to go with that, but if Slash was to play over Sorry, oh man....be kinda ironic tho...

If Slash played on that song it wouldn't sound anything like the one we have at the moment. I doubt Slash would have gone for it if Axl pitched an early demo to him, too far out of his comfort zone.

What do you know? You probably going through puberty when Oh My God Came out.

How is that relevant at all? :rolleyes:

Sorry blows. I can't believe how anyone can listen to it. It is absolute trash.

Puberty? OMG has been out for about 10 years correct? He hadn't hit puberty yet, that was the middle of his teletubby stage.

Was really hoping Ozzy would deliver and this track exceeds expectations from awesome lyrics, to vocals to music/solo.

Killer track and another that would do well as single on Rock Charts(but not as well as Promise)....

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Sorry blows. I can't believe how anyone can listen to it. It is absolute trash.

I was 9 years old so no I wasn't, don't see how that makes my opinion any less valid. I don't agree with you on the quality of Sorry as a song, it has nothing to do with age, it's just a clash of viewpoints. Funny that considering this is a fourm that revolves around music, one of the most subjective mediums on the planet.

Puberty? OMG has been out for about 10 years correct? He hadn't hit puberty yet, that was the middle of his teletubby stage.

I was more of Thomas the Tank Engine kind of guy.

thomas-the-tank-engine.jpg

:wub:

Edited by plonker88