Sorry and Crucify the Dead

Megan

I loved Sorry the first time I heard it.. but nowadays I hardly listen to it.

I didn't like Crucify The Dead when I heard it.. and I still don't like it :rofl-lol:

I guess that means Axl wins this one :) And I really liked his vocals on Sorry.

Edited by Lethalis

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both songs are great, but sorry is a bit more epic so id have to go with that, but if Slash was to play over Sorry, oh man....be kinda ironic tho...

If Slash played on that song it wouldn't sound anything like the one we have at the moment. I doubt Slash would have gone for it if Axl pitched an early demo to him, too far out of his comfort zone.

What do you know? You probably going through puberty when Oh My God Came out.

Sorry blows. I can't believe how anyone can listen to it. It is absolute trash.

I was 9 years old so no I wasn't, don't see how that makes my opinion any less valid. I don't agree with you on the quality of Sorry as a song, it has nothing to do with age, it's just a clash of viewpoints. Funny that considering this is a fourm that revolves around music, one of the most subjective mediums on the planet.

Puberty? OMG has been out for about 10 years correct? He hadn't hit puberty yet, that was the middle of his teletubby stage.

I was more of Thomas the Tank Engine kind of guy.

thomas-the-tank-engine.jpg

:wub:

Too funny!!

i like both songs, no that i don't enjoy Sorry, but me thinks Crucify eats the shit out fo sorry hands down, more energy, more guitar acton, some harmony changes, and better guitar solo and even if it's not the same, Ozzy's voice can never ever be duplicated

Edited by dario27

Sorry is a terrible song...The chours is the only thing that is listenable on that song.

Crucify, is not bad....I like how Ozzy says what every fan and Slash has thought about Axl.

Both aren't the greatest, But I Like how Obvious Crucify is directed towards Axl

I vote for Crucify.

I can't compare Sorry with Crucify the dead, one is awesome and has Axl singing the other is an average song and Ozzy sings like shit

I was starting to think I was the only one who didn't like Crucify the Dead.

As I said to you before, I didn`t like either!

Sorry blows. I can't believe how anyone can listen to it. It is absolute trash.

Sorry is awesome. It's one of my favorite songs!

I can't compare Sorry with Crucify the dead, one is awesome and has Axl singing the other is an average song and Ozzy sings like shit

haha.

i thought slash's album was really good, Slash and Axl both have a pretty broad scope in terms of the styles of music they like to write, I think Slash used to be more straight-up hard rock, but he's shown a lot of development in that area in the past couple of years, in that sense, his album is a great statement, the motivations behind this change in musical direction could be anything..., I think Slash has become more open to experimentation with different styles, songs like promise, gotten and beautiful dangerous clearly portray that, it could also be that he tried doing more mainstream songs to appeal to the current audience, but anyhow I still think promise and gotten are great songs and I've always liked chris cornell

his earlier albums with snakepit etc. used to be very linear and monotonous, i mean almost every single track had the same sound on the snakepit records, but this record was very cool to listen to

in regards to trying to compare crucify and sorry, I don't know, I think this comparison will be more about the men behind the songs that the songs themselves, because the songs in essence are musically pretty different, apart from both being kind of aggressive ballads, I like Ozzy's singing and the song is good, but for my ears nothing can beat Axl's voice and the way he delivers his lyrics, so I would say I like sorry better

for me slash's album proved that he still has the touch to write good music, I had lost faith in his ability to write good material on his own after listening to VR records and the snakepit records, so musically I think slash is great, but I still haven't figured out what I think about him as a persona, very hard to say anything for sure

Pretty funny how in Sorry, Axl's lyrics are "You talk too much, You say I do , difference is nobody cares about you " rofl-lol.gifrofl-lol.gifrofl-lol.gif

...And then in Crucify The Dead it has "You always have too much to say"... :D

I could never understand that part of the lyrics because, Slash is the one who's liked more by the public. He's the one in guitar hero, always the one getting praise (even if it's all bullshit), so when Axl says "nobody cares about you", it seems kind of stupid.

Maybe that part wasn't about Slash?

Pretty funny how in Sorry, Axl's lyrics are "You talk too much, You say I do , difference is nobody cares about you " rofl-lol.gifrofl-lol.gifrofl-lol.gif

I could never understand that part of the lyrics because, Slash is the one who's liked more by the public. He's the one in guitar hero, always the one getting praise (even if it's all bullshit), so when Axl says "nobody cares about you", it seems kind of stupid.

that part is probably about the little-minded people in the Gn'R fan audiences who believe everything that's said in the press and talk shit about stuff they don't know about, so I think that Axl's telling them that don't bother, you can talk as much as you want, but nobody really cares about you, could apply to the cowardly critics on the internet or smth. to that effect, at least that's my take on that aspect of the song

Sorry isn't about Slash.

It so obviously is though. Just like CTD so clearly about Axl.. They'll just never admit it when asked as they don't wanna admit writing songs about other grown men(each other). Of course, CTD written from Ozzy's POV of how things went down, so slightly different...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I like the Breaking All The Rules vibe of Crucify, I like it overall but it's nothing mind blowing, the lyrics make me chuckle a bit, it just makes the whole scenario seem so far fetched.

Sorry is like Floyd meets Alice in Chains, it's a pretty great track.

Sorry is actually a great track musically, but Axl ruins it with his "I'm a 12-year-old having a temper tantrum, let me list all the reasons why I hate you" lyrics and unlistenable vocal delivery.

Therefore, Crucify the Dead wins.