Axl Rose slams Azoff

superdave

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is that actual legal doc's, sorry if it's been posted

http://images.eonline.com/static/news/pdf/axlrose.pdf

Jesus, Axl has some seriously aggressive lawyers. Any other law students or lawyers reading through those defences with a minor smirk?

they're probably a lot higher paid, experienced and respected than you'll ever be.

:lol: What's your point? I wasn't criticizing them dude.

Jesus, Axl has some seriously aggressive lawyers. Any other law students or lawyers reading through those defences with a minor smirk?

they're probably a lot higher paid, experienced and respected than you'll ever be.

seemed like you were passing negative judgment on their phrasing/wording, and since you implied you were a student it would have been ridiculous to do so.

seemed like you were passing negative judgment on their phrasing/wording, and since you implied you were a student it would have been ridiculous to do so.

I said they were aggressive - to the point where some of that suit is amusing to read. That's not a criticism - doesn't mean I don't have any though. They have almost 40 affirmative defenses in there, it's nuts. I'd be interested to see the original documents filed against Axl and see how many causes of action Azoff brought against him if anybody knows if they've been released.

I study law in Australia and civil procedure rules are pretty different over here, but some of the language used in that document just wouldn't be admissible in our courts. Regardless of which, I don't feel they do a particularly great job of building a case around Azoff trying to "sabotage" GN'R. Not saying they won't win, but some of what's in there seems to be grasping at straws a bit (just my honest opinion). Going after him on the anti-trust front seems a far more persuasive argument.

And yeah, i'm a student. I've studied this stuff, worked in law firms - I'm not purporting to have more of an idea than Axl's lawyers like you seem to suggest I am - I'm just offering my opinion. Doesn't mean it's right.

So, according to that document, Guns had planned Summer dates, yet because it may have affected timing, in regard to the Van Halen tour, they decided to cancel their own tour...yet the van halen tour never happened!!

Why did they put William Bill Bailey on the document when Axl had his name legally changed to Axl Rose? I really hope Axl wins this one.

Axl actually mentioned this as his first defence:

FIRST AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE

(Improper Named Party)

William Bill Bailey is not a properly named defendant. Pursuant to California Code of Civil Procedure section 308, this action cannot proceed, no claim can be stated and there is no judicial jurisdiction.

He's also alleging in there that Azoff used the name to cause him harm.

41. When Cross-Complainants would not acquiesce to his threats, Azoff filed a baseless lawsuit seeking commissions that he never earned. He named Rose personally in the lawsuit but not by his legal name "W. Axl Rose," but by his adopted name "William Bailey." "William Bailey" does not appear on any of Rose's legal documents. Azoff knew that the name "William Bailey" carries significant emotional damage from Rose's childhood as a result of numerous personal and confidential conversations he had with the singer. Azoff did this out of spite and vindictiveness to cause Rose emotional distress and harm

Why did they put William Bill Bailey on the document when Axl had his name legally changed to Axl Rose? I really hope Axl wins this one.

He did it to be an asshole.

Even though his name is legally changed they still refer to Axl Rose as his stage name. Therefore they are positively identifying the defendant...

If it was a huge issue I'm sure that Azoff's lawyers wouldn't have let that go through.... unless they didn't know that is name was legally changed...

It all makes sense now after reading the legal documents. I really feel bad for Axl. Hopefully the next album will get the promotion it deserves and Axl will be free to do his thing.

Edited by ITW 2012

okay. so everyones looking at azoffs record with reuniting bands.etc

IF anything said from axl is true, than damn the man azoff, thats a damn sneaky attitude, but.. thinking about it, axl being extra cautious as he is....., im suprised he didnt see it comming..

which leads me to also think, that... this is complete bullshit..

chinese democracy was promoted, heavily.. i even saw advertisements on the back of trucks here in sydney!.. they promoted the hell out of it at music stores also, and even internet news sites were buzzing because of this "long awaited album".. axl could have done more on his behalf to promote it, for someone who has apparently got 110% control of the band, i find it hard to believe that someone else is to blame for no video clips, or any self promotion.. so im kinda sitting on the fence here, because of azoffs record also..

Iam also taking axls record into account.. he has a way of blaming others for things when shit goes down, ive seen it many times.. he has never ever taken blame, or responsibility for anything that has gone wrong with gnr.. he's always the first to point fingers.. and never the one to raise his hand when shit hits the fan...

as again, i don't know what or who to believe on this, it's a little too tricky.. im just trying to look at it from another angle and see what else is out there... either azoff's a complete fuckhead who underestimated axl, OR axl just likes to dodge bullets and blame others for anything that goes wrong..

Come on man, you're crazy if you think the album was promoted heavily. Where were the music videos? Interviews etc? Even Axl said he had plans that management fucked up.

I live in London, one of the biggest, busiest cities in the world. The only promotion here was a few TV spots the week before it came out and a couple of posters on the underground - nothing!

Interesting read. The guy really was a piece of shit. Feel really bad for Axl but why wait til now to sue??didnt he see Azoffs reunion agenda from the start??

Dare I say it? Maybe Axl is actually sick of lawsuits and was willing to live and let live until Azoff lodged his.

Does anyone remember when Axl "tweeted" about the Haiti benefit and made a dig against Slash? I forget exactly what he said, but he basically said people (i.e. Slash) were trying to take advantage of a tragedy for their own gain, but Slash hadn't said a single thing about reuniting, and later I think Axl retracted his comments and said he had been given misinformation about what Slash was up to...

I actually heard a while back that Azoff was the one who told him Slash wanted to reunite for the Haiti benefit. At the time I didn't give it much thought but this lawsuit certainly makes it seem realistic, and it would explain the randomness of Axl posting that in his Twitter at the time. It might have been one of Azoff's tactics to try and force a reunion...

Was Azoff still around Axl at the time? This was after the late 2009 tour had kicked off so I'm not sure Azoff told Axl about that reunion stuff.

But it could make a lot of sense.

So once Azoff reallized there would be no reunion he wanted out. Can't say I blame him. One thing that makes me happy though is Jarmo will be on Axl's side, I do believe. This will give Axl strength.

hehe ... yeah .... isn't it a little strange how many people have had issue with Axl over the years? I don't believe in coincidence anymore. :D

So once Azoff reallized there would be no reunion he wanted out. Can't say I blame him. One thing that makes me happy though is Jarmo will be on Axl's side, I do believe. This will give Axl strength.

hehe ... yeah .... isn't it a little strange how many people have had issue with Axl over the years? I don't believe in coincidence anymore. :D

yeah axl's difficult but this guy was a really bad manager.He did absolutely nothing for the band, lied, manipulated and cost Axl millions.