Axl Rose slams Azoff

superdave

The court doc spells out the entire story behind the last few years, explaining every broken promise. It's all here.

I think Rose & company may have a hard time proving that it was Azoff's intention to force a reunion by ruining the band all along, but there are many points in there that have a lot of merit.

I guess that explains everything, then. rock1

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless, Azoff may have come in with a personal agenda instead of a willingness and desire to work with his client and serve his interests.

Axl must be dumber than a box of rocks then if he didn't know Azoff came in with an agenda.

If people on this message board were able to see it clear as day from the day it was announced he was on board, how in the world could Axl not see it if he had a half a brain?

Oh man...

And Azoff using Axl's childhood name is such a bitch move.

I would love to see a video of Axl running into this guy on the street, hope one day I see it :)

A 48 year old guy (Axl) beating up a senior citizen (Azoff)? Yeah that would be just what GNR needs to get back in the spotlight :rolleyes: Or land Axl in jail, one of the two.

You people must have no idea how powerful Azoff is. You can yell "OMFG GO AXL-AZOFF IS TEH_SUXORZ!!!111 all you want but Azoff (unlike Axl) has unlimited resources to devote to legal matters. I don't see this ending well for Axl/GNR and I hope I am wrong but who knows how long another album/US tour will take now.

On the plus side, Doc McGhee got KISS their Wal-Mart deal, maybe he can work out something similar for the next Guns album.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Sad to hear the Canada tour was a huge bust.

They lost 700,000

Yeah, I believe this was the result of the last time they toured Canada a lot of people were disapointed. I did not catch them at that time but everyone I know who did, were not excited to see them again and I think that forged their opinion of the current band. Even after the recent show people were looking at me strange when I told them how great they were.

Yeah Axl is always the Victim..poor Axl He never has control over anything...I feel bad for him...

NOT!!!

Once again Axl blaming everyone else for poor CD and ticket sales.

Really? Guess you can't be bothered reading the document. It would appear that Azoff did not do his job

Sad to hear the Canada tour was a huge bust.

They lost 700,000

Where did you hear this??

It's in the entire legal documents I posted on the previous page.

Goes through the entrie case fact by fact.

Fascinating read

http://images.eonline.com/static/news/pdf/axlrose.pdf

My bad, I had it on my desktop already... should have known...

Yeah Axl is always the Victim..poor Axl He never has control over anything...I feel bad for him...

NOT!!!

Once again Axl blaming everyone else for poor CD and ticket sales.

Really? Guess you can't be bothered reading the document. It would appear that Azoff did not do his job

Yeah I skimmed through it. Oh sorry i didn't know Axl's accusations are considered as fact.. Guess we'll find out

Not that I care...really..

I am sure Azoff will have no problem pointing out in court (were it to make it there) that it was Axl's refusal (not his) to promote the album that sabotaged it. When the artist himself won't do interviews or any type of promotion, it makes it hard to then turn around and say it was management's fault the album failed.

I'm reading through the counter-suit right now...I wonder why they included the "Rose is one of rock's all-time greatest front-men" part, along with the whole section about GN'R being one of the greatest bands "of all times." I don't know how these things work, but I can't imagine detailing stuff like that can do you any favours...? Randy Quaid (Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation) was sued recently along with his wife and they showed up to court with his Golden Globe and mentioned that he was an actor, and apparently the judge sent them to jail because of the "disrespect" he considered that to be toward the court. :lol: Maybe they always do that in the legal papers though.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I'm reading through the counter-suit right now...I wonder why they included the "Rose is one of rock's all-time greatest front-men" part, along with the whole section about GN'R being one of the greatest bands "of all times." I don't know how these things work, but I can't imagine detailing stuff like that can do you any favours...? Randy Quaid (Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation) was sued recently along with his wife and they showed up to court with his Golden Globe and mentioned that he was an actor, and apparently the judge sent them to jail because of the "disrespect" he considered that to be toward the court. :lol: Maybe they always do that in the legal papers though.

Yes it is very common at least the ones I have seen involving artists, it is to explain to they court who they are.

Merck and Azoff should get together and share war stories.

Anyway, I look forward to law god Kickingthehabit looking through these legal documents.

This part was interesting:

In the course of negotiations, Azoff advised Rose that he has copyright infringement,

fraud and other claims against Activision for the unauthorized and unlawful use of the song "Sweet

Child of Mine" in the promotion of Activision's best-selling video game Guitar Hero 3.

Activision made millions of dollars on the game. None of that money was shared with Rose. Azoff promised

Rose that he would take care of pursuing those claims against Activision by filing a lawsuit or

striking a deal with the company.

Merck and Azoff should get together and share war stories.

Anyway, I look forward to law god Kickingthehabit looking through these legal documents.

This part was interesting:

In the course of negotiations, Azoff advised Rose that he has copyright infringement,

fraud and other claims against Activision for the unauthorized and unlawful use of the song "Sweet

Child of Mine" in the promotion of Activision's best-selling video game Guitar Hero 3.

Activision made millions of dollars on the game. None of that money was shared with Rose. Azoff promised

Rose that he would take care of pursuing those claims against Activision by filing a lawsuit or

striking a deal with the company.

Most interesting is they made a mistake in a legal document. There was a cover of Sweet Child of Mine in Guitar Hero 2. It was Welcome to the Jungle in Guitar Hero 3.

maybe if chinese democracy had been more popular, he wouldn't have pushed so hard for a reunion. he's managing a business after all. i'm sure if chinese democracy had made money on the level that the old band did, it would be easy to keep the gnr behemoth afloat. but as the business manager for the gnr brand, he's got to make money. since the rebranding and reboot of guns n' roses wasn't as successful as they'd probably hoped, he tried to make decisions that would compensate for that. from a certain perspective, his actions could be seen as responsible.

of course, from axl's personal and artistic perspective, i can see how it'd feel very different. shame. just another in a long list of very smart, successful and talented people who have tried to work with axl but found it impossible.

the...straws....clutch.....them ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

28. Prior to the release of Chinese Democracy, Azoff negotiated a deal with the record

company Universal/Geffen Records and retailer Best Buy to release the album exclusively at Best

Buy stores. He earned a substantial commission for negotiating this deal. After receiving the

commission, he did little or nothing to oversee and manage the promotion and marketing of the

album. Cross-Defendants and Universal/Geffen Records failed to organize any meaningful

promotional events, press conferences, marketing campaigns, television and radio appearances,

advertisements, or tour announcements. Azoff collected his commission and let the record sit on the

shelves.

29. Rose had final approval of the artwork before the release of Chinese Democracy.

However, Cross-Defendants and the record company authorized the album's release without

obtaining Rose's final approval. Even the credits on the album were incorrect. Additionally, Cross-

Defendants along with the record company authorized the streaming of Chinese Democracy without

Rose's consent and leaked its content on the internet. This damaged album sales

wow

Guns N' Roses is one of the most popular and famous rock bands of all times. The

band has sold more than 100 million records, had numerous Top 10 hits, sold out arenas and

stadiums worldwide, won numerous awards and accolades, and by all accounts redefined rock

music. Guns N' Roses reached iconic status and inspired music artists everywhere. Rose, one of the

band's founders and original members, is the legendary lead vocalist and songwriter. He is one of

rock's all-time greatest front-men.

from the legal doc.