Axl Rose slams Azoff

superdave

He made several comments during the Japan tour about how management wanted to just make money off the fans, and the band, again, before the lawsuit was made by Azoff.

Management wanting to make money off the fans and the band!?! What next!? :rofl-lol:

Well I think that's where the reunion thing comes in. Azoff wanted a reunion to cash in on Guns.

As others have said, ANY manager who takes Axl on is going to have their eye on that prize cause that's where the money is and that's kind of the point.

But Axl made it clear countless times he doesen't want a reunion, why force it if you know it will make him unhappy?

the needs of the many...

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl would have released CD in 2002 but half the industry doesn't want it to happen, the other half wanted it to happen and fail so they could get a reunion. All trails of the psychic internet detective lead back to a reunion.

Whatever.

Axl, Beta, and the rest "Team Axl", aren't stupid. They knew excatly, who this guy was, his track record, and what he was about before they hired him. I believe that Azoff, probaly got close to getting Axl to agree to a reunion, but then something must have happen.

Weird though - If everything that Axl says is true - why didn't he sue six months ago? Why wait until he's sued?

Also, I hate to say it, but it seems like its going to get a point where noone (worth a grain of salt) in the music industry will work with axl. you look at how managers he's been through, his bad blood with the label, promoters etc. - If he's not careful, he's going to blackball himself........

...if he hasn't already.

He made several comments during the Japan tour about how management wanted to just make money off the fans, and the band, again, before the lawsuit was made by Azoff.

Management wanting to make money off the fans and the band!?! What next!? :rofl-lol:

Well I think that's where the reunion thing comes in. Azoff wanted a reunion to cash in on Guns.

As others have said, ANY manager who takes Axl on is going to have their eye on that prize cause that's where the money is and that's kind of the point.

But Axl made it clear countless times he doesen't want a reunion, why force it if you know it will make him unhappy?

Agreed, but that isn't even the most important point. One that several people seem to be missing. It is irrelevant whether or not it is the most profitable option, one of a reunion. The manager works for the client. If the client says "no, that isn't what I want", the manager has to respect that because they work for and are paid by the client. It's about respecting your role in the manager-client relationship.

Ali

You act as if Axl, didn't know what Azoff was about before he hired him.

Like he and the rest of "Team Axl" are clueless, or something.

Is that what you are saying...

Whatever.

Axl, Beta, and the rest "Team Axl", aren't stupid. They knew excatly, who this guy was, his track record, and what he was about before they hired him. I believe that Azoff, probaly got close to getting Axl to agree to a reunion, but then something must have happen.

Weird though - If everything that Axl says is true - why didn't he sue six months ago? Why wait until he's sued?

Also, I hate to say it, but it seems like its going to get a point where noone (worth a grain of salt) in the music industry will work with axl. you look at how managers he's been through, his bad blood with the label, promoters etc. - If he's not careful, he's going to blackball himself........

...if he hasn't already.

Probably because Azoff is attempting to sue him? That's more evidence for a case. Just going to a judge with a case full of things that sound like conspiracy theories wouldn't be enough.

Or Axl may have just realized what Azoff has been trying to do when he filed the lawsuit.

Azoff finds the whole thing funny. Except the part where he's waiting for Axl to pay him. It's not like he needs the money, it's what is in the contract. Axl can delay it and fight it, but he's better off getting this off his plate and moving on from it.

Azoff considers himself a miracle worker for getting VH with Dave back together and for getting the Eagles to reunite. However, he was also behind getting Mike Anthony and Don Felder out of their respective bands because they owned a piece including merchandising.

I think Azoff's focus in 2008 was on GNR but in 2009, he was put in charge of Ticketmaster, but cut back who he personally managed to just the Eagles. I think when Axl realized this, he became furious. But I'm sure Azoff was telling him to make the rounds to promote CD and it just went into this pissing contest.

However, Azoff did incur the wrath of Springsteen and his manager, who is a powerful player in the music biz.

One of his fans is an attorney general, and it had to do with fans buying tickets, which were being routed to a third party ticket broker, and gouged the fans as a result. It wound up on the Federal Trade Commission's radar and he put an apology as well as a refund out to people who felt they were screwed over. But he did say he was doing this in good faith, don't take advantage of the system. Like he was doing ticketbuyers the favor! He is a short obnoxious guy that people either love or hate.

I'm sure if McGhee is now managing him, he'll take care of it.

Axl is going to have a hard time making the case that the same manager who secured a $13 million dollar deal from Best Buy for was somehow setting him up to fail. That was seen in many circles as a modern miracle given how poorly the album did for them ultimately.

I think he bugged Axl so much that he said "maybe" to shut Azoff up. I doubt the word "yes" ever came out Axl's mouth on that one.

He knows in the back of his head that a tour would make GNR a lot of money, but he also knows that's a year of his life he'll never get back. I think if there was a reason worth doing a one time show because it was a cause he felt that strongly about, he'd do it. Not just for the money.

To the fans, it would be great seeing them on stage, but it would be a half-assed effort. He has guys he actually likes and gets along with, but he has the final say. If the former Gunners are there, that dynamic changes instantly. There's also the fact that they'd have to learn the new songs.

Even if he owns the rights to everything, doesn't matter. Nothing stops any of them from sabotaging the show. He'd have to relinquish the control he has going on as a bandleader.

I believe that Azoff, probaly got close to getting Axl to agree to a reunion

You believe that??...wow

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Azoff is my new idol. ^_^

For what? A childish personal attack?

(for the record, Axl's attack on madison was equally childish, but a lot funnier)

No. For trying to get an reunion going.

Plus that his reply was awesome.

If the former Gunners are there, that dynamic changes instantly. There's also the fact that they'd have to learn the new songs.

Do you really think that Old GNR would perform CD songs...??

As an example: DLR has never performed a Van Hagar song and never will. Say what you will about Van Hagar, but they had just as many hits as old VH...

Interesting edition to the sega:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/25/business/25ticket.html?pagewanted=2&ref=business

Mr. Azoff is also known for bending the truth when it suits his purposes or those of his clients, a propensity that long ago earned him the nickname Swerving Irving. He has been surprisingly honest about his penchant for dissembling — even saying so under oath, in a deposition in a lawsuit over the band Boston. After calling two music executives liars, he said, “Come to think of it, you can’t believe much of what I say, either.”

“That’s Irving,” says Don Engel, a lawyer who has worked both for and against Mr. Azoff. “His game is, ‘I say whatever I want, and if I change my mind, that’s the new truth.’ ”

thanks to chineseblues htgth

Whatever.

...if he hasn't already.

Agreed, but that isn't even the most important point. One that several people seem to be missing. It is irrelevant whether or not it is the most profitable option, one of a reunion. The manager works for the client. If the client says "no, that isn't what I want", the manager has to respect that because they work for and are paid by the client. It's about respecting your role in the manager-client relationship.

Ali

You act as if Axl, didn't know what Azoff was about before he hired him.

Like he and the rest of "Team Axl" are clueless, or something.

Is that what you are saying...

No, that's not what I'm saying. :rolleyes: What I'm saying is that while I don't blame Azoff for presenting the possibility of a reunion to Axl, once Axl says no, he's not interested, Azoff should have taken that to heart and operated within that parameter as a manager. After all, Azoff was hired to manage the current lineup of GN'R, NOT orchestrate a reunion. That was his agenda, and in trying to serve that agenda, he was serving his own interests instead of those of his client.

Ali

That was his agenda, and in trying to serve that agenda, he was serving his own interests instead of those of his client.

Axl should have fired him then. He was not some innocent bystander who had no idea what was going on. He could have at any minute pulled the plug on the guy and obviously chose not to.

From Eonline

Axl Rose's Top Five Conspiracy Theories

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Conspiracy Corner, Comic Con 2009 Brick

That reminder comes as we enter the mind of Axl Rose, courtesy of a $5 million lawsuit the Guns N' Roses frontman filed against his former manager Monday in Los Angeles.

The 28-page complaint, slightly shorter than one of Rose's tweets, takes on psychological warfare, and a whole lot more. Here are the highlights:

1. The ex-manager had a twisted plan with an Eddie Van Halen twist: According to Rose, music-heavyweight Irving Azoff wooed Guns N' Roses with talk of a mega-tour with Van Halen because he, Azoff, wanted to crush Guns N' Roses.

2. The powers-that-be were all about seeing Slash play in GNR again: Rose accuses Azoff and his firm, Front Line Management of plotting GNR's demise in order to "force" Rose to reunite with his old bandmates. (Rose is GNR's lone member from its "Sweet Child O' Mine" heyday.) Rose, if it wasn't already clear, "was adamantly opposed to the reunion tour." And that's why he claims Azoff was out to get him.

3. Chinese Democracy was "sabatog[ed]": Per Rose, Azoff and cohorts purposely botched everything from the liner notes on the band's 2009 album to its exclusive sales deal with Best Buy. Rose thinks Azoff leaked tracks, too, thereby damaging sales of the previously leaked platinum-seller.

4. The world tour was "sabatog[ed]": According to the suit, Azoff "mishandled Guns N' Roses tour dates in Asia, Canada and South America," and then "abandoned" the band before it hit the road late last year. Rose thinks Azoff "lied" about the never-was tour with Van Halen, too.

5. There are no coincidences. Or idly dropped names: Rose's court action is a countersuit to a complaint filed by Azoff in March. In Azoff's suit, which seeks nearly $2 million in allegedly owed fees, Rose is I.D.'d as "William Bill Bailey." In Rose's suit, the singer calls Bailey his adopted name (by way of his stepfather) that Azoff "knew…carries significant emotional damage from Rose's childhood."

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/b181678_axl_roses_top_five_conspiracy_theories.html#ixzz0oLM9VaK6

Here is that actual legal doc's, sorry if it's been posted

http://images.eonline.com/static/news/pdf/axlrose.pdf

Edited by axl_on_drums

That was his agenda, and in trying to serve that agenda, he was serving his own interests instead of those of his client.

Axl should have fired him then. He was not some innocent bystander who had no idea what was going on. He could have at any minute pulled the plug on the guy and obviously chose not to.

I agree. Once it was clear that Azoff was not going to let go of the reunion issue, Axl should have fired him right then and there. Maybe it wasn't clear until some point in 2009, whenever they actually parted ways. Regardless, Azoff may have come in with a personal agenda instead of a willingness and desire to work with his client and serve his interests. Azoff wasn't coming in on the up and up.

Ali

Go to page 18 of the document, very interesting.

Irving sounds like a scum bag

29. Rose had final approval of the artwork before the release of Chinese Democracy.

However, Cross-Defendants and the record company authorized the album's release without

obtaining Rose's final approval. Even the credits on the album were incorrect. Additionally, Cross-

Defendants along with the record company authorized the streaming of Chinese Democracy without

Rose's consent and leaked its content on the internet. This damaged album sales

Go to page 18 of the document, very interesting.

Irving sounds like a scum bag

29. Rose had final approval of the artwork before the release of Chinese Democracy.

However, Cross-Defendants and the record company authorized the album's release without

obtaining Rose's final approval. Even the credits on the album were incorrect. Additionally, Cross-

Defendants along with the record company authorized the streaming of Chinese Democracy without

Rose's consent and leaked its content on the internet. This damaged album sales

Clearly, Axl did not approve the final artwork. He told us himself he was unhappy with an unapproved, draft version of the booklet being released, and that he didn't know how it happened. Perhaps management were the ones who approved it if Axl himself didn't. Who else would have made the approval?

Ali

GET IN THE RING AZOFF!!!

The last few years make sense now in G N R world. Azoff is just pissed because his plan to pressure Axl failed and G N R moved forward without him. Eyeing the successful tour from the sidelines, now he wants a peice of the twelve million dollar pie? I agree with Axl, screw that. Fucking sharks. But you know what? I believe this will fire Axl up and with that will come great things for G N R. I mean he has some super talented, charismatic guys on his team that can rise to the top. I seen that live in Moncton, NB and was not disapointed. I was wondering why CD was such an enigma. Awesome tunes but was not recognized well by the public. When you have Azoff and associates working against you, it would be hard to break through the bullshit. G N R should jam out a few new songs, release Chinese Democracy Two via the internet. Screw cds, downloads are the future. Then double the current twelve million dollar tour!