Axl Rose slams Azoff

superdave

The music world would have been much better off if Azoff reunited the band. I love how everyone just takes Axl's side without hearing Azoff''s side of the story. Axl isn't perfect people.

This isn't about Axl being "perfect." No one is. It's about someone illegally fucking him over.

And no, the music world would NOT have been better off if Azoff reunited the band. That was then. Many of us prefer the now.

True that! I prefer now and the hell with the reunion!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to get off topic here (although damn it it is tempting). But anyway, how could Azoff sabatoge Chinese Democracy? I thought it was a masterpiece? Did he sabatoge the art work? Even Axl said they replaced a track as Chinese Democracy was getting printed so I don't know how he sabatoged it. I would say the lead singer/owner of the GNR not promoting it was mirroring sabotage. Funny how Axl goes through managers much like he goes through musicians in his band. Maybe Axl was sabatoged. But damn it sure makes you wonder who really is at fault. I'll let the courts decide.

I don't want to get off topic here (although damn it it is tempting). But anyway, how could Azoff sabatoge Chinese Democracy? I thought it was a masterpiece? Did he sabatoge the art work? Even Axl said they replaced a track as Chinese Democracy was getting printed so I don't know how he sabatoged it. I would say the lead singer/owner of the GNR not promoting it was mirroring sabotage. Funny how Axl goes through managers much like he goes through musicians in his band. Maybe Axl was sabatoged. But damn it sure makes you wonder who really is at fault. I'll let the courts decide.

It sounds like Azoff intentionally wouldn't promote the record, or release THE BETTER VIDEO, or officially do the summer tour, ect. it sounds like the reason we waited a whole year for a tour to happen was so Azoff could get axl to admit chinese was a failure, therefore throwing in the towel on the current band and reuniting the original one, just becuse it would have made azoff even more $$$.

Funny thing is this whole time people were s pissed off at axl (myself included) for taking so long to tour and do SOMETHING with chinese when we can now see it's likely Azoff was responsible. I think Axl probably didn't want to come out of the house or tour due to feeling personally hurt by Azoff, which in a way I can't blame him. Axl's private as it is, and when your as private as that, opening up to someone in general and sharing your "feelings" have to be invested very carefully. Ya cant just put yourself out there for the hell of it.

Hopefully Azoff gets whats comin to him...all that time we waited for chinese and no music videos press and we waited over a year just for the band to play one show after releasing the record. Still no music video. Personally, I for one really lost all respect for Azoff.

Edited by AxlRose14

SONOFABITCH; your posts have been the same for the last five fucking years. Go play on facebook in one of the "OMGZ GNR REUNION NOWZZ" groups.

Oh and by the way; Axl's spoke about the promotion in the past. Idiot.

Q: - Will there ever be decent promo and interviews etc concerning this album or is this it?

A: There were imo well thought out plans and strategies that unfortunately were ignored once we were pressing CD's. There will be proper interviews and some are already scheduled for much later intentionally. God idea, bad...we'll see. I'm happy the record's out the rest... one nightmare at a time.

In other words; Azoff hand the business proposal - and fucked Axl in the end without using the proposal. Though, I already can tell you don't know how to run a business.

Azoff didnt promote the album the way it should of been promoted. Maybe the better video didnt happen because of him. I mean if he was the manager I am sure he will take care of the expenses of the video, but maybe at the end he didnt want to.

I knew Axl wouldn't let this one pass without doing nothing.... Ha! and some people were saying "ohhh Azoff is a very powerful man.....he doesn't f*ck around....", well he sure is, but Axl doesn't f*ck around either, so... I just hope this doesn't get too nasty and complicated... anyway...... I'm on AXL's side (obvious, .....I know he's not perfect, nobody is) :rolleyes:

Rose believes Azoff was so vicious he even used Axl's childhood name -- something that carries heavy emotional baggage -- when he filed the initial lawsuit for commissions. Rose says the name William Bailey "carries significant emotional damage from Rose's childhood" and that Azoff knew it because of numerous personal and confidential conversations.

Though I don't see how the lawsuit would hold up being that Axl name was legally changed in 1986ish - I can't see how he can sue "William Bailey" when the names been legally changed; twenty five years ago.

This all makes complete sense...

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this lawsuit makes everything fall into place...

The Botched Promotion

No Video

Over a year for a tour

Axl's comments onstage during the Asia tour

Meeting with Doc McGhee

Azoff suing Axl

When IA was hired all that anyone was talking about was reunion. Hell, even I was sort of expecting something like that considering his track record (even though I didn't want it)...

Regardless of who's right or wrong Azoff is the wrong guy to be pissing off.Like someone said before Axl and GNR are gonna wind up the losers after this one. The guy just has too much power, and influence in the music industry.

WHICH IS BULLSHIT. Fact is this douchebag is probably the reason we waited over a year for the tour, and still haven't seen the better video. Really pisses me off...And that time and effort and years of waiting and waiting into chinese democracy...and this selfish prick just wants to make money and fuck over axl for his own benefit.

I hope Axl knocks this person right the fuck out :fuckyou: AZOFF

Edited by AxlRose14

Regardless of who's right or wrong Azoff is the wrong guy to be pissing off.Like someone said before Axl and GNR are gonna wind up the losers after this one. The guy just has too much power, and influence in the music industry.

WHICH IS BULLSHIT. Fact is this douchebag is probably the reason we waited over a year for the tour, and still haven't seen the better video. Really pisses me off...And that time and effort and years of waiting and waiting into chinese democracy...and this selfish prick just wants to make money and fuck over axl for his own benefit.

I hope Axl knocks this person right the fuck out :fuckyou: AZOFF

Yeah the guy clearly never gave two shits about guns n roses just wanted to line is own pocket. At least it explains why everything was quiet for a year after they dropped CD. Fuck you Azoff

Fact is this douchebag is probably the reason we waited over a year for the tour, and still haven't seen the better video.

Then again...he's probably a large part of the reason we actually got the album when we did. We could still be waiting if Merck or someone else were still manager. Just sayin'.

WHICH IS BULLSHIT. Fact is this douchebag is probably the reason we waited over a year for the tour, and still haven't seen the better video.

You're ridiculous, you get the slightest chance to excuse Axl and the band for a lack of the Better video and you jump all over it like a fuckin' frog on speed.

December 11, 2008

"There are no plans of a reunion, nor have there been any discussions of a reunion, with former GUNS N' ROSES band members. In the future, we hope that if media have any questions concerning GN'R, they'd at least check their facts before running inaccurate stories for their own benefit."

- Irving Azoff

Yeah, definitely seems hellbent on destroying the current band here...:confused:

Edited by sofine11

This all makes complete sense...

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this lawsuit makes everything fall into place...

The Botched Promotion - No it doesn't. There was nothing stopping Axl coming on here again, doing more magazine interviews or anything like that.

No Video - Complete bollocks. Heard of a thing called YouTube? Nothing stopping them from putting it up. This was a collage of live stuff, not some November Rain film.

Over a year for a tour - Possible but I'm not convinced.

Axl's comments onstage during the Asia tour - I'll give you that one.

Meeting with Doc McGhee - Didn't Doc say this meeting never happened?

Azoff suing Axl - Duh.

When IA was hired all that anyone was talking about was reunion. Hell, even I was sort of expecting something like that considering his track record (even though I didn't want it)...

You're welcome.

Jeesh...

If it's true, then fuck him honnestly.

Why can't people let go ? Because there is so much money to be made ? Because the classic lineup was magical ?

What sort of magic do they think would happen if the people in the band don't want to play with each other ?

You can't reunite Guns if they don't want to. End of story.

Sabotage as a revenge is plain disgusting.

Perhaps this is the kind of press that Axl needs. Axl is the little guy fighting the mighty music industry. I think he may gain public support since America is a country that tends to root for the underdog. Maybe even this is how the rest of the country, who has been asleep and don't know that Axl is on tour, finds out how good this band really is. It seems most people I know still have the 2002 VMA Axl & buckethead stuck in their heads. Besides, Axl doesnt need to do a full scale US Tour anyway. He just needs a few big shows in the major markets.

WHICH IS BULLSHIT. Fact is this douchebag is probably the reason we waited over a year for the tour, and still haven't seen the better video.

You're ridiculous, you get the slightest chance to excuse Axl and the band for a lack of the Better video and you jump all over it like a fuckin' frog on speed.

g

Yeah because management effectively runs the band. The facts are there in Axl's lawsuit file.This guy was trying to hold everything up and disrupt things to such an extent that nuGuns imploded. I'd love a reunion as much as the next guy but not by these means.

Hey. I don't post much here, just usually lurk. But I just figured I would post what I said in the comments section of that TMZ article.

I think many of you will enjoy it. I didn't use my real name. Enjoy!!!

I love how all the clueless people on here, who don't even follow Guns N' Roses just blindly take Slash's side all the time when he had probably more to do with the breakup than Axl Rose ever did.

I don't take any sides, as i"m more in the middle, but I believe Axl's side of things more than I do Slash, whom Rose reffered to as a cancer awhile back, as Rose has always been upfront, and is the kind of person that would tell you to your face what he really thinks.

People just blindly love Slash, and I do too, but the mainstream media, and casual retards, some even on here, because he's a media whore, whereas Rose isn't.

Slash now plays with the likes of people like Fergie, and other pop stars that have no business even sharing the same stage as Slash. At least Rose stays true to himself.

It's easy to blame Axl for everything, but most of the people on here or in general haven't got the slightest clue when it comes to Guns N' Roses, or even the current lineup, which is a great band btw, and can play the hell out of any Guns N' Roses song, old and new.

Slash spent YEARS badmouthing Axl after he chose to QUIT. Slash is a big reason why there probably might not ever be a reunion. Slash also spent years being the media darling he is, and manipulating the media into thinking he was a saint, hence why people just take Slash's side all the time and that he had nothing to do with the breakup. I'm gonnacall BS on that one.

I wish there was a reunion too, but you know what? To not even give a new Guns N' Roses a chance, just because "Slash isn't in the band" wah wah wah, woe is me, is really ridiculous, childish, and dumb.

The new GNR album is better than most or at least 99% of the absolute garbage pop, hip pop, emo rock, or anything else that's watered down today, out there today. People just don't give the actual music a chance, or a decent listen just because there's no Slash, and just Axl Rose is in the band. GET OVER IT!!!

If there's a reunion one of these days, and it's looking like it's not, but if there is, i'll be extremely happy. But for the time being, let Axl Rose do what he wants as he owns the name Guns N' Roses, that Slash, along with Duff and Izzy, back in the early 90's, signed the rights to the name over.

Deal with it!

In closing, as far as Axl punching one of the s***bag media leeches in the face at LAX, the guy was provoking him, and saying a lot of nasty things to him. I'd like to see how one of nitwits would react if that were done to you Not saying it's right. But the guy got what he deserved. Axl has never been afraid to do what"s on his mind and tell it like it is, or even tell it like it wasn't sometimes.

The s***bag media isn't owed ANYTHING! They're the lowest of s***. And yet, you people support these parasites.

I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from people now.