Axl Rose slams Azoff

superdave

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anybody who takes Axl on is ultimately hoping for a reunion. For better or worse, that's where the money is at. This lawsuit seems especially deflating though as it most likely means there won't be a US tour this year. CD II seems critical at this point. I hope they find a way to get it out.

Edited by ITW 2012

I hope no one is surprised by what Axl is saying - Azoff wanted an reunion and when he realized he wouldn't get one, he wanted out. Azoff's history with the Eagles, Van Halen, etc. says this is very much withing the realm of possibilities.

Ali

I actually heard that this was what was going on behind-the-scenes a little while ago, but it was just a rumour so I didn't want to speculate. Azoff's intentions from the beginning were to reunite the original band and I think anyone familiar with his track-record would have been able to figure as much.

But whatever - Azoff was the only one who actually got the album out.

I actually heard that this was what was going on behind-the-scenes a little while ago, but it was just a rumour so I didn't want to speculate. Azoff's intentions from the beginning were to reunite the original band and I think anyone familiar with his track-record would have been able to figure as much.

Well shouldn't of Axl been smart enough not to hire this guy giving his track-record?

Well shouldn't of Axl been smart enough not to hire this guy giving his track-record?

Honestly, though, has Axl ever not run into problems with managers? I'm not trying to point fingers at Axl but I think his general nature makes it difficult for him to ever see eye-to-eye with the business standpoint.

Azoff controls the U.S. tour market through Ticketmaster............Could be the reason GnR have not announced a tour here in the U.S.?............

I know some here think the band can thrive with out the U.S. market but this is where the money is.................Axl may have bitten off more than he can chew here going after Azoff.....

I don't think so. He wouldn't be suing without proof. Besides, since Azoff is fucking him over in the U.S. market, he really has no choice.

The music world would have been much better off if Azoff reunited the band. I love how everyone just takes Axl's side without hearing Azoff''s side of the story. Axl isn't perfect people.

I am not saying or think Axl is perfect, but judging by Azoff history he probaly did try to sabatoge CD. And no the music world would of not been better if a reunion would of happened. When I see Guns on tour I want to hear CD songs. With a reunion I doubt that will happen. A reunion will never happen. NEVER!

The music world would have been much better off if Azoff reunited the band. I love how everyone just takes Axl's side without hearing Azoff''s side of the story. Axl isn't perfect people.

Not ncessarily..simply forcing a reunion could result in an unispired end product. I'd rather we have the band and album we have now, where they do what they want to do, rather than forcing a reunion of the old guys where they, or at least Axl, may not put much effort into it. You cant force creativity....

This isn't about Axl being "perfect." No one is. It's about someone illegally fucking him over.

And no, the music world would NOT have been better off if Azoff reunited the band. That was then. Many of us prefer the now.

We all know Azoff has a history of reuniting bands. Didn't he reunite The Eagles despite their claims of it being "impossible"?

Yes he has! Thats why Axl's claim is probaly true. The Eagles got together and Azoff tried with GNR, but its not ever going to happen. NEVER!

obviouslky...BECAUSE HE TRIED PRESSURING AXL UNNECESSARILY...after all that time and effort into making chinese work I do believe Azoff would be a douche and do a reunion. From Azoffs point of view i guess it KIND OF makes sense, since he probably knew business wise the original lineup would obviously generate more money for everyone just because, it's a reunion obviously. But if a reunion does happen one day it needs to be at the right place and the right time, now's not even close. Presuring axl doesn't work.

Here's hoping axl knocks that lil bitch right out rock3

Edited by AxlRose14

Azoff controls the U.S. tour market through Ticketmaster............Could be the reason GnR have not announced a tour here in the U.S.?............

I know some here think the band can thrive with out the U.S. market but this is where the money is.................Axl may have bitten off more than he can chew here going after Azoff.....

Well winning a $5 million lawsuit may well cover some of that lost money.....

Your first statement is an opinion, a personal preference, not fact. It's not about Axl being perfect. It's about his side of the story being completely believable giving Azoff's history.

Ali

:thumbsup: To you Axl. Even Azoff does have a track-record of reuniting bands, the original GN'R wil never reunite. Even to go as far as try to ruin New GNR just to get old GN'R back is alittle harsh.

It'll never happen. Azoff reunited The Eagles and Van Halen, but not GN'R! Reason begining is that the whole band know what happened more than Azoof did in the past for them to leave and Axl has never said anything about a reunion that wasn't on the lines of, "it's not gonna happen."

I just hope this doesn't put anything negative on a US tour.

Regardless of who's right or wrong Azoff is the wrong guy to be pissing off.Like someone said before Axl and GNR are gonna wind up the losers after this one. The guy just has too much power, and influence in the music industry.